Wilson Audio Celebrates 40 Years!

jap

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
Deb-I just have to say that I always thought your mother is a very beautiful woman. Your dad married very well.

Debby,

I agree with mep.

I had the pleasure of meeting your beautiful mom back when CES was held in Chicago.

Guess I made a good guess on BQ-2. ;-)

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
If you are talking about the female vocalist singing, and at the end was a baby that made an "ooooooooo" sound? That baby was my brother, Daryl, and the female vocalist was my mom. ;)

Curious - at that time Anthony Cordesman reported it was the "infant daughter", I was thinking about you. The truth was now established thirty years later ... :)

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Curious - at that time Anthony Cordesman reported it was the "infant daughter", I was thinking about you. The truth was now established thirty years later ... :)

Hehe!! Glad I could help you out ;)

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Debby,

I agree with mep.

I had the pleasure of meeting your beautiful mom back when CES was held in Chicago.

Guess I made a good guess on BQ-2. ;-)

She was beautiful then, and she remains beautiful today :)

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
WE HAVE A WINNER!! Our judge, Sheryl Lee Wilson, has ACCEPTED an answer of: "who made the dress". We felt it was close enough to the correct answer of: "where did you get that beautiful dress?" Congratulations to Alan Faulkner (answer submitted on Facebook)!

We will be doing trivia questions with our weekly product spotlight all year long to celebrate our 40th anniversary. Don't worry. Not all the questions will be as hard as the bonus questions! It's going to be a fun year! :)

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
WEEK 2

Wilson Audio's 40 Years in 52 Weeks Product Spotlight!!

**SASHA W/P Series 1**
Sasha (the product) photographed with Sasha David and Sheryl Lee Wilson's beloved German Shepherd (who sadly passed away Summer of 2013).

Sasha Series 1 is still a current product. Series 2 has been announced, but are still in the final stages of development.

INTERESTING FACTS:
*Wilson Audio started shipping Sasha's in May of 2009

*The year after it's release (2010), Sasha Series 1 received: Stereophile Magazine's Loudspeaker of the Year AND Overall Product of the Year, AudioBeat's Product of the Year, and Stereo Sound's Grand Prix Loudspeaker.

*Sasha W/P (meaning WATT/Puppy) was the next version of WATT/Puppy's. Because of a complete redesign, we felt we should give it a different name while still keeping to it's roots.

*The WATT/Puppy line (including the Sasha) is the largest selling speaker in it's class IN HISTORY!

TRIVIA QUESTION:
The Puppy had a "Cute saying" behind it. The WATT stood for "Wilson Audio Tiny Tot" (Tiny Tots was the name of the Preschool the Wilson Children attended). We named the bass cabinet the "Puppy" because it is "a Tiny Tot's best friend" and/or "little woofers".

Q: What is the "Cute saying" behind the Sasha (being named after the Wilson's beloved dog)?

Sasha Seamless-128.jpg

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
No one has answered this weeks trivia question correctly yet ;)

TRIVIA QUESTION:
The Puppy had a "Cute saying" behind it. The WATT stood for "Wilson Audio Tiny Tot" (Tiny Tots was the name of the Preschool the Wilson Children attended). We named the bass cabinet the "Puppy" because it is "a Tiny Tot's best friend" and/or "little woofers".

Q: What is the "Cute saying" behind the Sasha (being named after the Wilson's beloved dog)?

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
No one has answered this weeks trivia question correctly yet ;)

TRIVIA QUESTION:

Debby,

Is it that Sasha is the Russian-language diminutive for Alexandra (inline with Alexandria and Alexia) ?

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Debby,

Is it that Sasha is the Russian-language diminutive for Alexandra (inline with Alexandria and Alexia) ?

Nope. that's not it. :)

HINT: "It's the Puppy ________ ______________ _____________"

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Week 4

Wilson Audio Celebrates its 40th Anniversary this year! This week's product spotlight is:

***Wilson Audiophile Recordings***

Video showing the history of Wilson Audiophile Recordings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQO0VIljAns

INTERESTING FACTS:
*David Wilson recorded his first album to be sold in 1977. However, he did do 1 recording in 1976 of his wife, Sheryl Lee, and the choir she was in for their own use. He recorded his last album in 1995.

*David recorded 34 albums under the Wilson Audiophile Recording label.

*The album numbers represented the year they were recorded, and the number of album it was (EX: 8111 = was recorded in 1981, and was David's 11th recording).

*4 of his albums were not released to the public in large quantities including a Test album and Rhythm Devils.

*Last year (2013), Wilson Audiophile Recordings started converting many albums for high resolution downloads which can be found here: Wilson Audio: Announcing Wilson Audiophile Recordings

TRIVIA QUESTIONS:
Q1: What equipment did David use in his recordings (2 different recorders and mics)?

Q2: What was the album called that had a car on the cover (was one of the 4 albums that was not released widely to the public) BONUS: What was it's album number?

Interview with David Wilson talking about recording the album "Recital" (W-782):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzc-oI7CjII&list=UUI7oe8H-P1lUFD7GfXrkaxQ&feature=c4-overview

Interview with David Wilson talking about recording the album "Beethoven/Enescu" (W-8315):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9mL-FMOx4A&list=UUI7oe8H-P1lUFD7GfXrkaxQ

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
Q2: Wcd-9026-cruisin-with-the-desotos

Sure is! Nicely done :D

Question 1 anyone? It really is pretty easy (hint: watch the videos ;) ). Bruce - You know too much! Shhh! ;)

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com

zbub

Jun 27, 2013
I know David used both AKG cardioids and Schoeps omnis for mics. But I thought he only had one recorder, the modified ReVox A77?

Lildebs888

May 12, 2011
Grantsville, Utah
www.facebook.com
I know David used both AKG cardioids and Schoeps omnis for mics. But I thought he only had one recorder, the modified ReVox A77?

Yes - He used the ReVox, but for only the first few recordings. After that he a different one. :)

jap

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
Q1:
Recorders: Revox and Wilson Ultramaster
Mics: AKG C-414, Schoeps CMC -3, Sennheiser MKH-20
Mic Preamps: Wilson custom ARC tube, John Curl custom Class-A

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing