what is the truth??

Manos_Bits

Apr 13, 2014
ATHENS - GREECE
www.aca.gr
dear audiophile friends..
putting your hand in your heart and speaking "THE TRUTH" to yourself and to all..

how much % improvement a cable or a set of cables costing 15000 (€/$/£) each can give to a system wearing cables costing 400 (€/$/£) each??

we talking about a good system that differences can be audible..

*my absolute thesis is 0 to 2% at most..

MarkusBarkus

Feb 6, 2021
...I estimate the improvement would be greater than zero, but how much specifically, has: too many variables, and is too subjective to yield a useful value, in my view.

Question: What percentage difference would you say your system has with 400 $¥£€ cables vs. stock OEM cables you replaced?

Your answer may provide insight into the change in performance from the "400 model" to the "15K model," and price increments in-between.

Reactions: Manos_Bits

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
putting your hand in your heart and speaking "THE TRUTH" to yourself and to all..

how much % improvement a cable or a set of cables costing 15000 (€/$/£) each can give to a system wearing cables costing 400 (€/$/£) each??

Wires including power cords can have a profound effect on any system but don’t assume that expensive so called “audiophile” cables are always going to be a net positive? IME majority of so called “audiophile” cables I’ve owned or come across in client systems, and that’s quite a few over the years, mess up the sound of perfectly good systems more than anything else. That’s why I refuse to sell any to clients.

david

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland

I dont use cables anymore , because the manufacturing process is a burden on the environment.
Zero electricity Zero emission

• Haha
Reactions: analogsa and Audire

Manos_Bits

Apr 13, 2014
ATHENS - GREECE
www.aca.gr
I dont use cables anymore , because the manufacturing process is a burden on the environment.
Zero electricity Zero emission
I have made a relative dissertation in the old university days about shrinking the musicians and the instruments to fit inside the speakers to play and sing live in place..

• Haha
Reactions: ddk

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I have made a relative dissertation in the old university days about shrinking the musicians and the instruments to fit inside the speakers to play and sing live in place..

This has already been invented, circa 1964: Willy Wonka’s WonkaVision. As Mike Teavee found out, unfortunately, the process cannot easily be reversed.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland

Thats another case for choosing large speakers , if musicians have more space they will logically perform better .

Ps You might also wanna have a look at the CABLE COOKER i have designed

1661503793512.png

Last edited:

Manos_Bits

Apr 13, 2014
ATHENS - GREECE
www.aca.gr
Wires including power cords can have a profound effect on any system but don’t assume that expensive so called “audiophile” cables are always going to be a net positive? IME majority of so called “audiophile” cables I’ve owned or come across in client systems, and that’s quite a few over the years, mess up the sound of perfectly good systems more than anything else. That’s why I refuse to sell any to clients.

david
I wish for just only once having experienced that profound effects or that jaw dropping improvements on $0000 vs $00 cables swapping!!

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I wish for just only once having experienced that profound effects or that jaw dropping improvements on $0000 vs $00 cables swapping!!
Save your money on this cable nonsense , buy a a better amp / speakers instead .
I use industrial cables from https://www.habia.com/

Ps Disclaimer , one could argue of course that my system isnt able to reveal the differences hundreds of thousands of $$ worth of gold backed , diamond entrenched nano infusion quantum cables are supposed to produce

Last edited:

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
Cables can and do make a difference. I would say it is the least of the components, though. better to get everything else in order first and you don’t have to go to Uber heights to get great cables. I love Shunyata Personally. They have a huge range at various prices. Power cables are the easiest to hear for me. The real revelation for me came when I got to sit and try several cables/materials with my own, very familiar IEM headgear. I think because IEM are so sensitive, the difference was so obvious. That was years ago at the beginning of my journey, and it was revalatory.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
"putting your hand in your heart" {text omitted} That could be painful.

Although it is a completely arbitrary rule. If you are spending more than 10% of the price of the product, you are connecting the cables too, it might be a better to upgrade to the next model.
IMO.

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021

Manos_Bits

Apr 13, 2014
ATHENS - GREECE
www.aca.gr
For what its worth there is a new white paper showing measurable differences in cables making the rounds. I lack the engineering to properly evaluate or review the study, but if it turns out to be repeatable and valid there will be a whole lot of feet in a whole lot of mouths….

http://boson.physics.sc.edu/~kunchur/papers/Interconnect-cable-measurements--Kunchur.pdf
of course there are measurable differences.. cables are in fact filters and act as filters in the signal path.. the best cable is no cable.. but that's impossible.. so we must select the highest quality raw materials for the cables no the highest priced cables..

Sampajanna

Apr 1, 2021
of course there are measurable differences.. cables are in fact filters and act as filters in the signal path.. the best cable is no cable.. but that's impossible.. so we must select the highest quality raw materials for the cables no the highest priced cables..
Well said!

Solypsa

Jun 7, 2017
Seattle
www.solypsa.com
Save your money on this cable nonsense , buy a a better amp / speakers instead .
I use industrial cables from https://www.habia.com/

Ps Disclaimer , one could argue of course that my system isnt able to reveal the differences hundreds of thousands of $$ worth of gold backed , diamond entranched nano infusion quantum cables are supposed to produce
Habia is a new one for me, thanks. Adding to my mental list ( Gotham, Klotz, Belden etc )

amey01

Mar 3, 2015
Queensland, Australia
If the improvement was commensurate with the price paid, the manufacturer would include them in the box (it would be an easy way for them to get better sound). But they do not. What does that tell you?

So......

A $2,000 amplifier produces $2,000 sound
A $3,000 amplifier produces $3,000 sound
A $2,000 amplifier with $1,000 worth of cables produces ?????

If the $2,000 amp with $1,000 worth of cable could beat the $3,000 amp, then it would be an easy win for the manufacturer.

So again - what does that tell you.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing