What are you using for Cables?

Interestingly, Blue Jeans seems to favor raw cable connections, although that is not really an option w/ my amp/receiver connection.

Ok, here's the best I can do for you: contact this guy and ask him exactly what you need; he'll make them for you at the very best price that you'll ever find in the entire world! His name is Neil and I stand 100% behind him. His reputation and talent at making custom cables of the best quality and value is unparalleled.

Here: nezff@hotmail.com

Now, that's What Best is all about! :)

Cheers,
Bob

Ah, yes, I think I have seen him over at AVS..thanks.

AVS and also the Emotiva Lounge. :)

Anyway, Neil uses Blue Jeans Cable in his custom made braided cables, and Canare is also an excellent value cable.
Just don't skip on the RCA connectors. Neil uses locking connectors in many of his cables, and some of the best value RCA connectors.

And your very first link with those five (5) 35 footers seems like a reasonable deal to me (Canare cable is used in them and the RCA ends are made of metal). They are ugly but looks is not what truly matters here right? ;)

* For long runs make sure that they are at least Double Shielded cables (me I even used some Unbalanced Triple Shielded Interconnects for my longer runs and Subwoofers).

Newbie here.
I got hooked on Synergistic Research (SR) right after installing an inexpensive pair of Alpha Sterling Active I/Cs. Since then, most of my power & cables are SR:

Power (I am almost certain it's the most important part of my system):
SR TeslaPlex (outlet) & Oyaide WPC-Z
Pair of Isoclean PT-3030G-III Isolation Transformers & In/Out Superfocus Power Cords (VooDoo connector to PowerCell conditioner)
SR PowerCell 10SE w/Precision Reference Power Cord & QLS-9 Power Strip (for MPC wall warts)
SR Tesla T3 for Genesis 500 speakers
SR Tesla Hologram D (for DAC)
SR Precision Reference (for amps)

Interconnects & Speaker Cables:
1.5m (generic) USB cable from Mac Pro to Berkeley Alpha USB
Straightwire 1.5M Info-Link AES/EBU Digital Cable to Berkeley Alpha DAC
SR Tesla Apex XLR with MPC (DAC to amps)
SR Tesla Apex speaker cables & Galileo Universal Speaker Cells

Last edited:
Just some good profigold cables with decent connectors , i do believe in good connectors , so my loudspeakerterminals are all made of solid tellurium copper .
I use monoblocs so i can use 1 meter long cables which are the same wire as the speakers internal wire .
I do think there is a hell off a lot of B##$L **** going on in the high end cable world .
midrange problems , top end problems , bass problems , i change them at the source of the problem mostly the speaker rather than try to " tune " it with cables .

hj

Last edited:
Just some good profigold cables with decent connectors , i do believe in good connectors , so my loudspeakerterminals are all made of solid tellirium copper .
I use monoblocs so i can use 1 meter long cables which are the same wire as the speakers internal wire .
I do think there is a hell off a lot of B##$L **** going on in the high end cable world .
midrange problems , top end problems , bass problems , i change them at the source of the problem mostly the speaker rather than try to " tune " it with cables .

hj

Emphasis is mine .. I concur and you are being nice :D

(...) midrange problems , top end problems , bass problems , i change them at the source of the problem mostly the speaker rather than try to " tune " it with cables .

hj

Andromedaaudio,

You get some good speakers, match them with a good system using good profigold cables. Next day a friend comes with a more expensive setup of high-end cables and the system sounds better. Do you immediately conclude that the system had problems and change speakers or something else, just because a bunch of cables managed to make them sound better? :)

Surely, there is sometimes exaggeration on cable properties and effects in systems, but please do not put everything in the same bag.

BTW, today my system is wired with Shunyata cables.

Well thats actually whats gonna happen , a dealer here in the netherlands who might be interested in my (new ) products is gonna come over as soon the new one is ready and we will wire the whole thing with jena labs cables when i hear a improvement i am honest enough to change my mind if not i ll say it also
Andromedaaudio,

You get some good speakers, match them with a good system using good profigold cables. Next day a friend comes with a more expensive setup of high-end cables and the system sounds better. Do you immediately conclude that the system had problems and change speakers or something else, just because a bunch of cables managed to make them sound better? :)

Surely, there is sometimes exaggeration on cable properties and effects in systems, but please do not put everything in the same bag.

BTW, today my system is wired with Shunyata cables.

Last edited:
For the best cable value, I always use Mogami Gold and Canare. Can't beat them for durability and sound value.

BlueJeans Canare cables. Good enough for me. I had some Transparent Audio before and honestly I can't tell the difference.

It used to be the flavor of the month for some time but since the rig has stabilized and offers goose bumps often and toe-tapping without even realizing I'm doing it? I have come to enjoy Transparent Reference and Ultra, Nerve Audio, a few custom, PS Audio and AudioQuest w/ some upgrades. From what I have learned throughout my audio journey, what I currently have may or may not sound good with just one component change. Synergy. One of the hardest things to achieve IME but when you have it?

Relax and just enjoy the music.

Synergistic Research and Cardas.

For the best cable value, I always use Mogami Gold and Canare. Can't beat them for durability and sound value.

+1

In Canada, TakeFive audio also make good cables. Their "house terminated" Neotech interconnects are great value for money.

+1

In Canada, TakeFive audio also make good cables. Their "house terminated" Neotech interconnects are great value for money.

Yep! Plus I also have some of their Mogami IC's. Great place to deal with btw!

Here is a company that folks should check out. JORMA.

I am using Origo's with Marten Coltranes. I won't bore you with the description, anyone can articulate terminology. If you want to jump your cables to next level in your series, yes double the price typically, add Bybee Golden Goddess Bullets for a fraction of the cost. I realize many may question these tweeks, but I heard the before and after, a huge sonic improvement IMHO. As they say, everything matters.

I started using Gepco X-Band Double Shield cable. I think it performs very well.

The X-Band series is an ultra-flexible, sonically transparent, low-noise, and durable balanced audio cable for use in critical recording studio facilities or live sound venues. X-Band single-pair is both extremely flexible and flaccid, yet maintains a high degree of durability. Each oxygen-free copper conductor is insulated with a unique low k constant, foam polypropylene dielectric that lowers the capacitance and extends the bandwidth of the cable. Low noise is achieved through tight and precision pair twisting with a double shield—durable 95% braid and 100% foil shield.

http://www.gepco.com/products/proav_cable/analog_audio/singdual_xband_dblshld_M.htm

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing