What are you using for Cables?

Ronm1

Member Sponsor
Feb 21, 2011
wtOMitMutb NH
I haven't been on a cable search for a longtime now. Course back 03-->07, every couple of months I was on a cable mission. I finally settled on ones, that IMHO, are quite balanced in their presentation and have very little attenuation. Room treatments, power and finally cables turned a modest setup into a damn good 2ch rig.
Argent fm Dac to pre input
Stealth MLT silvers for main/ctr

Revelation I2S for DDSpro xport thru dac's, these have Neutrix Din's that have the additional benefit of vibration control on Dac pcb's. Helps with ucrphonics, which is an issue with PT h/w(imho).

Stealth PGS from line out to GSP Solo, Equinox for HD600
Various PC's some home made, all have Furatech connectors.

Stealth digital for spdif, Revelation Aes/Ebu CEC --> Dac for Backup redbook.

Last edited:

trh8654

May 29, 2010
Virginia
After years with the AQ Sky ICs and Mont Blanc speaker cables, I am slowly making the move to Kubalas.

Cavl

Feb 26, 2012
Dallas, TX
I'm new to this forum, so this is my first reply to a thread. After trying and living with various cable, I settled on JPS Aluminata about a year ago and haven't looked back.

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Hello, Cavl and welcome to the What's Best Forum.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I received my Gepco 20ft cables today for my MR70,everybody has a tendency to say their new cables made a difference. All I can say is thanks Bob Olhsson....right on!!!!

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
I received my Gepco 20ft cables today for my MR70,everybody has a tendency to say their new cables made a difference. All I can say is thanks Bob Olhsson....right on!!!!

Roger, listening to new cables is always fun and revelatory. :b

I mean listening to the music you are familiar with, and through your new cables.
...And not listening to the cable itself, of course.

Brand new shining copper (or silver) is always exciting, and much more so than your older stuff.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I just bought another lightly used 2 meter pair of Siltech Classic Anniversary 770i xlr. Plan to use with the Studer into the preamp. I also use the same for the pre to power amps (3 meters)

Loop4fun

Member Sponsor
Feb 19, 2012
Main System Speaker Cables: Auditorium 23, ICs: Shindo, Transparent

System Two Crimson Cable, Bob's Devices

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Roger, listening to new cables is always fun and revelatory. :b

I mean listening to the music you are familiar with, and through your new cables.
...And not listening to the cable itself, of course.

Brand new shining copper (or silver) is always exciting, and much more so than your older stuff.

Exactly Bob, It's always nice when that happens. These definitely won't be going into the drawer of spare cables and the price was dirt cheap compared to so called hi end cables.

fas42

Addicted To Best
Jan 8, 2011
NSW Australia
Exactly Bob, It's always nice when that happens. These definitely won't be going into the drawer of spare cables and the price was dirt cheap compared to so called hi end cables.
Just had a look at the website details, Roger, and they make all the right "noises", NOT :b. Crucial is that the cable has been designed for, and tested in really nasty environments, like trailing across the floor during live gigs. In other words, vibrations and applying pressure to it will not cause major hiccoughs, precisely what you need to worry about ...

Frank

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
Just had a look at the website details, Roger, and they make all the right "noises", NOT :b. Crucial is that the cable has been designed for, and tested in really nasty environments, like trailing across the floor during live gigs. In other words, vibrations and applying pressure to it will not cause major hiccoughs, precisely what you need to worry about ...

Frank

Frank,

I never really thought about using high quality microphone cable as IC's and it is probably the most important cable in the recording chain. I have some Gotham GAC-4 on order also. But the Gepco is really low capacitance and is very high resolution and I would describe as neutral.

Goldenboy

Mar 20, 2012
I have had great results from Wireworld Eclipse 6 cables and interconnects and Electra 5.2 powercords

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Frank,

I never really thought about using high quality microphone cable as IC's and it is probably the most important cable in the recording chain. I have some Gotham GAC-4 on order also. But the Gepco is really low capacitance and is very high resolution and I would describe as neutral.

I once had some Canare star-quad balanced interconnects; 20 ft for $50. Although I would love to say they were as good as audiophile cables, when I tried some medium -price Audioquests (Opals), I couldn't go back to the Canare's. I was able to sell then for more than I paid, though.

RogerD

VIP/Donor
May 23, 2010
BiggestLittleCity
I once had some Canare star-quad balanced interconnects; 20 ft for $50. Although I would love to say they were as good as audiophile cables, when I tried some medium -price Audioquests (Opals), I couldn't go back to the Canare's. I was able to sell then for more than I paid, though.

I can't recommend the Gotham quad as they are 2 dimensional,the Gepco quad are in a whole different league.

btw were both in Reno,imagine that.:)

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Replaced the Highwire LS700's dual runs with Nordost Frey bi-wires. The Nordost's are a phenom match with my SF GH's. Superbly fast and detailed. Next, I need to listen to the ic's and compare with my Highwire ic's.

jtein

Mar 25, 2012
Malaysia
Was using Kimber 8TC speaker cables and Hero interconnects. Upgraded to MIT Magnum MA loom. Better soundstage, more solid and stable images, better saturation of tone colors and harmonics.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
I use Tel-Wire throughout.

I do have a secondary system that uses Tesla Treated 6N copper speaker cables, however.

Win

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Was using Kimber 8TC speaker cables and Hero interconnects. Upgraded to MIT Magnum MA loom. Better soundstage, more solid and stable images, better saturation of tone colors and harmonics.

Welcome to another member from the Far East! :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing