Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
86DF79A7-496E-4C25-8952-6D6E72F25565.jpeg

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
I hope it comes in silver as well. Personally not for the gold bling …

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
Kronos Discovery Turntable will be on display at Axpona 2021 in the Club room on 15/16 with Bending Wave USA. We are extremely excited to be showing with Louis again and to see his latest creation.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Nice!
Axpona, huh? Hmmm.

Reactions: Elliot G.

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
I hope it comes in silver as well. Personally not for the gold bling …

I'm speculating that is cooper (for heat dissipation) rather than gold.

That said, I'm sure its a 6 figure table and goes up against the other flagships from the competition.

Reactions: Audire

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I'm speculating that is cooper (for heat dissipation) rather than gold.

That said, I'm sure its a 6 figure table and goes up against the other flagships from the competition.

Understanding that almost no one has heard this turntable besides the designer, What turntables do you think are it’s competition?

Reactions: bonzo75

Mdp632

May 29, 2016
I’m just curious which specific turntables you have in mind. TechDAS Air Force Zero, SAT, AS2000?

I'm sorry I'm just not well versed enough in the turntable world to name a specific model.

I'm sure when its MSRP is announced it will be only natural to compare and cross shop this Kronos against its peers of similar pricing.

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Good answer!

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
KD1.jpg

KD2.jpg

KD3.jpg

KD4.jpg

KD5.jpg

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Hm looks like it would match well with MBL gear ! :) Does it use two DC motors like the previous top model ?
I don't know any more info yet. Just posting info as I locate it. The table aside, that tonearm looks very nice ...

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
There's a new picture out now showing even more detail. It's pretty impressive. It's too large to post here and since I'm all but totally blind in one eye and going blind in the other I won't attempt to edit it. However, here is a small write up with some smaller pics.

Kronos D

tima

Industry Expert
Mar 3, 2014
the Upper Midwest
There's a new picture out now showing even more detail. It's pretty impressive. It's too large to post here and since I'm all but totally blind in one eye and going blind in the other I won't attempt to edit it. However, here is a small write up with some smaller pics.

Kronos D

The pic at your link:
Kronos discovery.jpg

Two computers! Is this 'table still a belt drive?

I wonder if this will be a coming trend - showing internals behind a glass window. Some of the newer Wilsons have a glass window over their resistors.

Audire

VIP/Donor
Jan 18, 2019
FL Panhandle
Many thanks, However, there's another photo that is not at the link I provided. I'll PM you the thread I located it in. You may be able to find a way to post it here. When I tried it said the image was too large.

The pic at your link:
View attachment 80811

I wonder if this will be a coming trend - showing internals behind a glass window. Some of the newer Wilsons have a glass window over their resistors.

ddk

May 18, 2013
Utah
The pic at your link:
View attachment 80811

There are two motors, one per platter so you need a separate controller for each one. You can have them built into one large board or two small ones as you see in the pictures.

david

Reactions: Audire

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing