The Worlds Most Expensive Audio System.

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Being a panel guy there are a few non panel speakers that i could live with , here is one of them, of course for ME the turntable would be replaced by a CDP from MBL so would the electronics all in white because i'm pure.:):):)

MBL     Système hdg.jpg

MBL 1621 Cd player.jpg

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
of course that system's sound would be maximized by the vinyl source, not the digital. Sorry Andre'...you can only live in denial for so long.

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
of course that system's sound would be maximized by the vinyl source, not the digital. Sorry Andre'...you can only live in denial for so long.

Sorry Christian, i have heard this system with the MBL cdp and it was good enough for me, NOISE FREE MUSIC, NO POPCORN.:):):)

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Just out of curiosity, Mr. A, have you ever heard a system using that turntable?

The answer to your question is NO, i have NO interest in vinyl whatsoever and it as nothing to do with the sound it as everything to do with surface noise, i was at T.A.V.E.S. 2012 in Toronto last month and had a listend to a 38k turntable made in Quebec, it sounded very good BUT there was surface noise ( POPCORN ) and I am not able to live with that, so i will stick with MY cdp and let others enjoy their turntables.

PS: My LAST analog rig Oracle Delphi - Stax UA-9N - Grace F-9Ruby ( 1983 ) since then it as been ALL CDP'S

Dimfer

Member Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Canada
I have an MBL cdp Andre - haven't spun a cd on it the last 2 years... maybe you should try using music servers ( I have 2 - Memory Player 64 and Modwright Platinum Transporter), they're almost as good as turntables and sound much better than cd players.. more convenient to use too. :D

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
I have an MBL cdp Andre - haven't spun a cd on it the last 2 years... maybe you should try using music servers ( I have 2 - Memory Player 64 and Modwright Platinum Transporter), they're almost as good as turntables and sound much better than cd players.. more convenient to use too. :D

For ME, i want to be real clear again for ME, i am 67 years old and i do mean old, health is not very good and will stick with cdp's till the end, i have a computer base system in my computer room for when i'm on the net, all cd,s imported in Itunes apple lossless BUT in my living room it's cd,s only, of course i am very difficult in my choice of software my music selection is 90% instrumental Jazz - Newage - Electronic - world - NOTHING FOR ME IS TO SMOOTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Sorry to hear of your health condition Andre'... On another note, why do you go out of your way to describe vinyl playback as popcorn ? Clearly that statement is ignorant and shows your true lack of experience and understanding in the matter.

Best Regards...

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Sorry to hear of your health condition Andre'... On another note, why do you go out of your way to describe vinyl playback as popcorn ? Clearly that statement is ignorant and shows your true lack of experience and understanding in the matter.

Best Regards...

It's your right to think that i'm ignorant but what i'm saying is FACT vinyl does sound very good BUT you cannot argue with the fact that it is NOISY even if you don't want to admit it, the crackling noise ( popcorn ) or snack crackle and pops may not bother YOU but it's there, being able to live with that inconvenience is one thing but saying that it doesn't exist that is something else so please keep on enjoying your vinyls and i will keep on enjoying my cd,s the important thing here is what you like NOT what others do, LIVE AND LET LIVE, it's all about the music analog or digital.

Last edited:

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
It's your right to think that i'm ignorant but what i'm saying is FACT vinyl does sound very good BUT you cannot argue with the fact that it is NOISY even if you don't want to admit it, the crackling noise ( popcorn ) or snack crackle and pops may not bother YOU but it's there, being able to live with that inconvenience is one thing but saying that it doesn't exist that is something else so please keep on enjoying your vinyls and i will keep on enjoying my cd,s the important thing here is what you you like NOT what others do, LIVE AND LET LIVE, it's all about the music analog or digital.
I think I clearly demonstrated with a you tube video that a clean record does not have noise. I used electrostatic speakers just like you. It is however possible that your electrostatic speakers are extrememy revealing and you are sensitive to noise. Bit to say vinyl is noisy for everyone IMO is wrong.
OTOH I am happy you have found a medium you enjoy and see no reason you should change.

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
double post sorry

MrAcoustat

Jun 5, 2012
Quebec Canada
Yes you're right, the noise isn't alway there but BE PATIENT IT WILL COME and it's normal where there is friction there is noise, that's FACT.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing