The Path to Paradise . . . or the Road to Ruin?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
After hearing the MartinLogan Neoliths in fairly controlled circumstances I have come to the conclusion that, for me, for vocals and acoustic instruments and small ensembles, I think the Neolith is the best speaker I have ever heard.

For a broader array of music, most specifically including symphony orchestra music, I think the Gryphon Pendragon is the best speaker I have ever heard.

Might the Pendragon sound as good on vocals and acoustic instruments as the Neolith (sacrificing a bit of transparency in return for a bit more weight and corporeal body on voices and instruments)? Quite possibly.

I consider the answer to that question simply a function of purely personal preference of slightly greater transparency versus slightly greater corporeal body and weight.

Last edited:

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Thank you.

I have not broken the budget yet, but that is only because I have not ordered anything yet. :)

Unexpectedly, between a visit to Kenrick Sound in Tokyo and the Munich show I expect to learn a lot more about horn speakers in the next few weeks. So, while the Gryphon Pendragon remains my favorite speaker, no decision on speakers has been made.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing