T.H.E. Show 2023-Steve's photos

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Great show coverage Steve. What camera did you use?

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
Thanks for all the pics, Steve!

Reactions: Al M.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I assume you have the latest edition of the Iphone. I think the photos are excellent, There is a minimal number of bald heads, ;) Hopefully my Samsung flip4 do well at this year's CAF
Excellent coverage. Did get an impression of the Linkwitz speaker?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
It was really fun for me to meet so many members from WBF. Thete we’re many members there

I was particularly happy to meet Sheri Morgenroth who flew in from Houston for THE Show. Sheri is the founder and head of the Houston Audio Siciety. I now know 2 bona fide women audiophiles. Sheri is a delight to talk to and knows her stuff. She has an excellent system snd loves to do her own set ups with each piece of gear. She is an engineer by profession so she knows more about the principles of physics than me for sure and I bet most of us. She has a plethora of great information to share so if any meets up with her today she is a joy to talk audio with. In fact I brought her back to my house yesterday for a few hours of listening

MadFloyd

Member Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Mass
It was really fun for me to meet so many members from WBF. Thete we’re many members there

I was particularly happy to meet Sheri Morgenroth who flew in from Houston for THE Show. Sheri is the founder and head of the Houston Audio Siciety. I now know 2 bona fide women audiophiles. Sheri is a delight to talk to and knows her stuff. She has an excellent system snd loves to do her own set ups with each piece of gear. She is an engineer by profession so she knows more about the principles of physics than me for sure and I bet most of us. She has a plethora of great information to share so if any meets up with her today she is a joy to talk audio with. In fact I brought her back to my house yesterday for a few hours of listening
I didn't know about the Houston Audio Society. My daughter now lives in Houston and I've been wondering what audio related people might live there...

Reactions: Pokey77

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
Quite a few live there. Audiophile Junkie is there.

Thanks for the show pix.

Reactions: MadFloyd

oeno

Jun 7, 2014
I assume you have the latest edition of the Iphone. I think the photos are excellent, There is a minimal number of bald heads, ;) Hopefully my Samsung flip4 do well at this year's CAF
Excellent coverage. Did get an impression of the Linkwitz speaker?

I attended on Saturday and Sunday, for about four hours total. Visited the Evolution room on both days, and sat along with about 20 others in the Joseph Cali Gryphon room Sunday morning. My favorites included the Songer, Tannoy and the rooms featured the Lansche speakers—also the Metis speakers. The Wolf Von Langa Son was nice as well in a tiny room.

But for me clearly the best showing was the Gryphon room. This room had considerable, carefully considered room treatment and was stuffed to the gills with humans and equipment—it sounded a bit over-damped. Groups were shuffled in and out for 30+ minute sessions.

However, the sonics were unlimited in any way—pure, musical, listenable, endless power on demand. Not electronic sounding at all, as I thought many rooms were at times (when systems were stressed with dynamic material at high volumes highs become lows, qualitatively speaking).

But my favorite room, and the one I thought most musical, was the Linkwitz room. I heard it on both days with both Pass electronics and the Ncore Class D amplification, with analogue and digital sources. The Pass version was clearly better, having the classic Pass sound.

Stil, the Linkwtiz system couldn’t do the sonic spectaculars that the Evolution and Gryphon rooms did. I sat behind M. Deletraz on Sunday while Peter Frampton wailed on in front of us.

Kingrex

Feb 3, 2019
But my favorite room, and the one I thought most musical, was the Linkwitz room. I heard it on both days with both Pass electronics and the Ncore Class D amplification, with analogue and digital sources. The Pass version was clearly better, having the classic Pass sound.

Stil, the Linkwtiz system couldn’t do the sonic spectaculars that the Evolution and Gryphon rooms did. I sat behind M. Deletraz on Sunday while Peter Frampton wailed on in front of us.
I keep hearing people really like them. Pure DSP. Not that that is bad. Maybe its just time. With 6 amps and the phase, time, impulse and EQ all optimized, its got a real good chance of sounding good. I don't know that all equals musical. Not sure why I say that. especially since the 2 people I know who have them feel its the musicallity that makes them special.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing