Who’s going to T.H.E. Show SoCal 2023?

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
That sounds great Ron. Though I won't be at the show on Friday, I'm close by and could easily be there for Happy Hour!

GREAT!

Morgen

Dec 24, 2020
I’ve been looking forward to this show for some time. And it’s been a while since I’ve been to a show; I think the last show I went to was the LA Audio Show in 2017 I believe. Nevertheless, hoping there’ll be good turnout of those from Orange County, as I am, and to have the chance to meet up with some of you locals on Saturday or Sunday.

Below is Mike Ls earlier post about this very topic.

(1) T.H.E. Show---SoCal 2023--Hilton Orange County June 9th to 11th | What's Best Audio and Video Forum. The Best High End Audio Forum on the planet! (whatsbestforum.com)
I’m flying in from Houston, arriving Thursday. Looking forward to meeting you.

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
I’m flying in from Houston, arriving Thursday. Looking forward to meeting you.
Morgen,
Same here. Hope to meet you on Friday for Happy Hour at 5pm in the hotel bar.

asiufy

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
almaaudio.com
I'll be there as well, with two rooms, #262 and #264.

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
Bumping this up. I hope other WBF locals, and out of towners as well, will be in the hotel bar on Friday @ 5pm for Happy Hour.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Low325

May 2, 2021
The meetup is great, but unfortunately may not be able to make it. Im a drives away down in san diego…hope you guys have a blast…! Would have been great to meet you guys.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
It was great to meet Warren and Sheri at the meet-up last night!

Pokey77

Feb 16, 2022
It was great to meet Warren and Sheri at the meet-up last night!
Agreed, nice to meet you Sheri. And the same Mike L, glad we finally got to meet. I'll be by the EA/Dart room today.
And of course, nice to meet you Ron. Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Williams

Nuprin

Jan 9, 2020
NC
looks like i will be there all three days. not yet sure if i'm flying or driving.
Hey Mike, let us know what you think of the new Evolution Speakers. Any details and impressions you could share would be great!

msimanyi

Jan 13, 2023
I attended the show both Friday and Sunday. It was my first audio show of any kind, and I didn't know what to expect. Would it be a complete waste of time? Would it be a fun event at which to meet a number of WBF members? Would it be useful to see accessories, hardware, and peruse a huge room of vinyl and CDs? Would I want to throw away all my gear and replace it all with some "must have" hardware I heard at the show?

I had a blast. I will definitely attend again. The mere act of listening to so many different systems was incredibly educational for me. Frankly, the vast majority of the systems I heard had strengths and weaknesses... other than the Gryphon system.

Even it had a weakness though: not being in my house.

The only thing that could make shows like this better would be if WBF organizers would coordinate with the event organizers to add a special sticker / name tag / wrist band that we could wear there, to identify other forum participants.

Oh, and despite the show's intent: I'm loving my system. The show didn't change any of my priorities - first up is a preamp, then I'm considering a turntable to augment my streaming/serving of digital tunes. I met Gary Leeds in his room and LOVED the ARS Machinae turntables he had at the show.

Thanks Warren for posting here, and sorry I missed out on Friday evening.

Edited to add: I wish I'd remembered to download Shazam before getting there Friday. I didn't even think of it until Sunday afternoon, making it very difficult to remember which tracks I heard so I could play them back at home for comparison with what I heard at the show. Once it was on my phone, it was easy to ID the song and grab a screen shot to save in my photo roll.

Edited again to add: around the corner from that venue is a fantastic Asian market and food court. If it's at the same venue next year, I suggest keeping it in mind for a wonderful lunch selection. https://goo.gl/maps/zHSuaxcNVDDpMFQd6

Last edited:

Morgen

Dec 24, 2020
Agreed, nice to meet you Sheri. And the same Mike L, glad we finally got to meet. I'll be by the EA/Dart room today.
And of course, nice to meet you Ron. Regards
It was so nice to meet the WBF members. I came to the show by myself but had many nice introductions and enjoyed the networking this forum allowed me, and still continues to. I have MSB Reference DAC (with Westminster Labs dc cable I learned about on this forum)and Digital Director with the MSB S500 amplifier. Most of my current system was displayed on floor B2 including the Estelon X Diamond speakers. If I can answer any questions about it, I’d be happy to. It is always a work in progress.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I wore a name badge at RMAF with the WBFlogo.
I did meet some members. I also received VIP, treatment from exhibitors. I have spotted Michael Fremee and Jonathan Valin at a show. They were not wearing a badge.
Assuming I attend I think I will be wearing a badge at my next CAF.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Hey Mike, let us know what you think of the new Evolution Speakers. Any details and impressions you could share would be great!
Lloyd asked me a bunch of questions about it.... and i answered him......from this post......

to this post....kinda covers it.

Reactions: Nuprin

Nuprin

Jan 9, 2020
NC
Lloyd asked me a bunch of questions about it.... and i answered him......from this post......

to this post....kinda covers it.

Thank You! I missed that thread earlier. It's great to get your initial impressions in an obviously not perfect room as yours. Hopefully I will get a chance to hear the SYSTEM in the near future at another show or if I'm ever able to travel to the West Coast.

Reactions: Mike Lavigne

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing