Swiss Digital Fuse Box Anyone?

MacF

Jun 12, 2022
Baltimore
Actually, you only need one extra power cord running from the wall or power distributor/conditioner to the SDFB (I’m using the nicely made Piggy) plus your existing power cord from the piece of gear you wish to power connected to the SDFB.

Reactions: corepowertech

corepowertech

Jan 8, 2016
So where's the saving of money that some are talking about?
The current Black Friday / Holiday deal is $375 for the entire package

It's not up on our site - my apologies. Our new site is about to launch, and I just held it back on the old, Word of mouth took care of everything :)

Normally - the SDFB is $399 and the Pig Tail is $95 dollars. Super Sluggo (High Purity Copper with Gold Immersion) is no charge for either size

Thanks

Happy Holidays

Mark

sapirg

May 29, 2018
The current Black Friday / Holiday deal is $375 for the entire package

It's not up on our site - my apologies. Our new site is about to launch, and I just held it back on the old, Word of mouth took care of everything :)

Normally - the SDFB is $399 and the Pig Tail is $95 dollars. Super Sluggo (High Purity Copper with Gold Immersion) is no charge for either size

Thanks

Happy Holidays

Mark
Hello Mark,
Are you have SDFB for 220-240V , Shuko connection?
Thank you,
Gady

wokeuptobose

VIP/Donor
Mar 26, 2021
I spoke with Mark about the best place to start with Swiss Digital fuses. I ordered two, each set for Slow Blow 10Amp. for the two sides of my Gryphon EVO amp. I will admit I had high hopes as the Sluggos safely replacing two tiny wires as my full source of power for a 200 pound amp makes sense. I am delighted with the improvements the Swiss Digital fuses have made. While I did move up the SR fuzz product line in the past, I always felt there was an improvment, but they were only minor and value was low. This is not the case after installing a Swiss Digital. The improments are clear to the listener. Great Value, highly recommended. My third Swiss Digital fuse for my Lampzator DAC/preamp gets delivered tommorow!

Reactions: Golum

Republicoftexas69

Just wanted to say that I am one happy audiophile with the addition of Mark's Swiss Digital Fuse Box. After a slight miscommunication on the size of the sluggo for my AH Qualiton X200. Mark sent the replacements expedited mail and I installed this wonderous piece of equipment today. Been listening for an hour now and I am over the moon. Tried those AP fuses in the past and they just did not do it for me. This device and the sluggo are dynamic. I know I could have just used a slug but I like having the safety of the magnetic (I think) circuit breaker in place. I am sold and now need to look at adding these in my PA-10 amplifiers, my SPL pre and LessLoss DAC do not have external fuses :( Mark is a gentleman and pleasure to do business with.

corepowertech

Jan 8, 2016
Just wanted to say that I am one happy audiophile with the addition of Mark's Swiss Digital Fuse Box. After a slight miscommunication on the size of the sluggo for my AH Qualiton X200. Mark sent the replacements expedited mail and I installed this wonderous piece of equipment today. Been listening for an hour now and I am over the moon. Tried those AP fuses in the past and they just did not do it for me. This device and the sluggo are dynamic. I know I could have just used a slug but I like having the safety of the magnetic (I think) circuit breaker in place. I am sold and now need to look at adding these in my PA-10 amplifiers, my SPL pre and LessLoss DAC do not have external fuses :( Mark is a gentleman and pleasure to do business with.
Many thanks

Apologies for the Sluggo Snafu - I'm old and only somewhat serviceable.

Thanks for mentioning the Protection Safety inherent in SDFB.

It works and I know others have found this out

New Sluggos arriving tomorrow - at last

ENJOY ALL

Best Holiday Wishes

Mark

Reactions: Republicoftexas69

corepowertech

Jan 8, 2016
Just to inform - new Sluggos with High Purity Tellurium Cooper with Rhodium Plating are in the house (at last)

Thanks - Mark

corepowertech

Jan 8, 2016
Just taking a moment to thank all of you that ventured forth with us on our Swiss Digital Fuse Box - If I've overstepped here - please forgive me

2023-12-11_10-11-25.jpg

corepowertech

Jan 8, 2016
Any news on the higher voltage version?
Thanks for asking - YES, we are ready to go

220/240 up and running - Production timetable to follow

We also have shown our SnubWay Product - also working with all line voltages.

Viet has made a nice Video here

Further information here

We tested ParaSnub (aka SnubWay) with a simulated SMPS noise source that has an 1kohm impedance. This is to simulate a typical SMPS transformer impedance between the high frequency generated voltage and the line (mains) that it is connected to. We inject about 5Vpp 400kHz, 100kHz and 60kHz noise using a function generator and get between -30dB to -33dB reduction in noise (about 100mV to 150mVpp). This is a significant amount of noise reduction and can really help clean up the SMPS noise contamination in our power outlet strip. The level of reduction may vary, and will depend on your particular SMPS noise source impedance, your equipment, and your particular house wiring, etc.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-01-05 at 09.36.52_724f3d86.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-05 at 09.36.52_724f3d86.jpg
    478 KB · Views: 6
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-01-05 at 09.36.52_c25a5e15.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-05 at 09.36.52_c25a5e15.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 5
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-01-05 at 09.36.53_90b7b7c9.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-01-05 at 09.36.53_90b7b7c9.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 7

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
If I might enquire , Can the 220 / 240 version be set for 13Amps and at what surge protection ?

Republicoftexas69

Thanks for asking - YES, we are ready to go

220/240 up and running - Production timetable to follow

We also have shown our SnubWay Product - also working with all line voltages.

Viet has made a nice Video here

Further information here

We tested ParaSnub (aka SnubWay) with a simulated SMPS noise source that has an 1kohm impedance. This is to simulate a typical SMPS transformer impedance between the high frequency generated voltage and the line (mains) that it is connected to. We inject about 5Vpp 400kHz, 100kHz and 60kHz noise using a function generator and get between -30dB to -33dB reduction in noise (about 100mV to 150mVpp). This is a significant amount of noise reduction and can really help clean up the SMPS noise contamination in our power outlet strip. The level of reduction may vary, and will depend on your particular SMPS noise source impedance, your equipment, and your particular house wiring, etc.
Cannot wait to get ahold of one.

Reactions: sapirg

ssfas

Sep 13, 2023
Narnia
Any further update on your timetable to retail ?
Are you thinking of using in the UK? These devices would be spectacularly illegal to sell in the UK. The performance characteristics of a 13A fuse are here:
So far as 13A fuses heating up, carrying a 13A load a 13A fuse is only allowed to dissipate 0.033% of the current as heat.

A 13A fuse is not designed to protect a component from a power surge and would most likely allow damaging currents to pass through without breaking. Their job is to stop the plug and power cable from overheating and catching fire.

Republicoftexas69

Love the SDFB in my system. I was a skeptical at first. Much more effective than the SR fuses.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing