Does anyone make such a thing?

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
I wasn’t quite sure where to post this, so I decided to try here.

Does anyone make a Audessy type digital correction capability, but as a standalone box that works entirely in the digital domain? No analog inputs or outputs, but let’s say a USB (or even Ethernet) in and the same for output? Ideally something that can accept a convolution filter, with some sort of app for management and adjustment. I guess something along the lines of the similar feature in Roon, but in an inline box that does only that.

sbnx

Mar 28, 2017
Bacch SSP

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
Bacch SSP
Well, that does quite a bit more than what I’d like. I heard the Bacch virtual reality capability at the last couple of shows I’ve been to. Impressive, but not what I’m looking for. Granted I’m sure it can do basic DRC, but that would kind of be like using Huston Mission Control to do basic math.

Last edited:

firedog

Mar 21, 2011
1. MiniDSP box with digital ins and outs
2. Any computer that you install room correction software and suitable playback software on it

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
I did look at the MiniDSP digital solutions, but I think they’re limited to 96K. I’ll have to see if Roon’s capability goes beyond that. Might just be worth the lifetime cost, even though I should have done that at the start when the price was pretty much half what it is now. :rolleyes:

firedog

Mar 21, 2011
I wouldn't worry about the 96k, it that's the only thing keeping you from buying a MiniDSP.
I've got lots of experience with this stuff, and if your setup automatically converts everything above 96k to 96k, I don't think you will hear a difference.
The room correction makes a huge difference. The downsampling from rates above 96k makes very little or none.

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
Well, if all i had was PCM I guess I’d be inclined. But I‘ve got a lot of high rate DSD stuff too. I’d rather not decimate that stuff.

tony22

Nov 4, 2019
Uh, yeah. I should have realized that. :rolleyes:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing