Swiss Digital Fuse Box Anyone?

MacF

Jun 12, 2022
Baltimore
I’ve tried Orange, Purple & Master Fuses from a well known company. I’ve been a fan of this company’s products because it has been my experience that most of them do deliver on their promise.

For me, to my ears, in my system & despite my unwavering optimism, exotic fuses like these have not been decent perfomance vs price upgrades. Only the Master fuse provided a discernible change to the SQ, but not nearly enough to justify the expense.

Yes, I could’ve returned these fuses before the generous return policy expired, but I was hopeful, that with time, each one would have a positive impact. The Purples will remain in several power supplies, but sadly, I will be reselling the gently used Master Fuse for significantly less than what I paid for it.

Meantime, I discovered several products being offered by Verafiaudio including the highly regarded plug-in mains filter Puron, of which, I have a total of 4. One pair is plugged into a quad wall receptacle & the other 2 reside in the first pair of receptacles of a Powercell 8SE made by the same well known company behind the exotic fuses I tried. The addition of the Purons made further improvements to the the overall noise floor while adding body, resolution, separation & depth to the soundstage.

Enter the Swiss Digital Fuse Box! This is a simple, easy to install, professionally calibrated breaker that allows each component to operate at its full potential. Simply put, you have to try this affordable device that punches well above its cost. My ability to describe the game changing improvements does not begin to capture the newfound enjoyment I have listening to my favorite tracks for hours on end.

Recently, I read in a forum someone’s description of depth as the ability to see & feel the other side of each note of music. That resonated with me as I struggle to describe the incredible dynamics the Swiss Digital Fuse Box unlocked & revealed.

All I can say is don’t knock it until you’ve tried it, but by all means, try it & experience the difference it will make in your system.

Oh, by the way, Mark & Lynn provide superb customer service!

MacF

Soundlogic

Mar 23, 2014
North Idaho
I have a total of 7 SDFB’S in my system:
1 on each of my AGD Audion mono’s
1 on each of my Legacy Aeris speakers
1 on my DS Audio 003 phono stage
1 on my Auralic Aries G2 streamer
1 on my UpTone Audio JS2 power supply feeding my JK Richard’s modded Directstream and my Wavelet Mk2 .
Easily one of the best investments in this hobby for me, and easily one of the best bang for the buck tweaks available. Mark’s customer service is the best, and the return policy on his products makes auditioning a No brainer.

MacF

Jun 12, 2022
Baltimore
I can only imagine! Had known about the SDFB sooner, I could’ve saved some $$$. Maybe even a lot of $$$!

I’ll bet this is the biggest bang for the buck improvement I’ve experienced since I began this journey a number of years ago.

corepowertech

Jan 8, 2016
@Soundlogic

Many thanks for the support -

@MacF

As above

Appreciate you guys

We are at 212 units shipped - zero returns and over 65% of the User Base has bought more than 1 x SDFB.

Pretty dang good. I understand more reviews are coming

Best wishes - Mark

Carlsbad

Dec 11, 2022
Carlsbad, CA USA
I have tested it. I test against a slug of high purity copper that provides no protection at all. It is not quite as good as no protection at all, but much better than any fuse IMHO. The design is not as heavy as I would like and may be inadequate for a very high current amp. I am using a very low power SET and it is more than adequate. If you're running a big class A SS amp, you'll want to talk to the manufacturer and do your own testing. Jerry

Carlsbad

Dec 11, 2022
Carlsbad, CA USA
Mark,
10 amps continuous is more than any amp will need. My thoughts are that a heavier build will be better to support the bigger transient current needs of a larger amp. Even on a larger amp, the SDFB will far outperform a fuse IMHO.

What is the highest value OEM fuse that anyone has requested you replace?

Jerry

corepowertech

Jan 8, 2016
Good Morning Jerry

To date the very largest FUSE request has been 16 amps

There have been a "few" at 15 amps

We wanted to hit a Price Point - but your considered opinion has not fallen on deaf ears.

To date we are now at 208 total SDFB shipped with zero returns and more than 60% have ordered a 2nd or more.

We are getting there

Many thanks

Mark

GroovySauce

Nov 9, 2020
I'm a big fan of the SDFB. I had a combination of SR purple and AM M-1 fuses in my system. I went to the SDFB and found it to be an improvement. On another forum I went into great detail as I did lots of listening tests.

I was one of the people who requested a 15 amp version. I'm currently using a 10 amp SDFB going into my Torus AVR 15.

I don't "need" a 15 amp as my entire system draws less than 4.5 amps.

corepowertech

Jan 8, 2016
Thanks GS

As you know - we are close with this, but testing is a must when the Mains are involved.

Appreciating your input as always - and your comments recently about our Vera-Link :)

Be well - Mark

Republicoftexas69

Still trying to figure out how a AP Fuse or this device are supposed to have a positive impact on sound. Tired fuses and unfortunately they did nothing and I snoozed on the return window.

GroovySauce

Nov 9, 2020
When using the SDFB you take out the fuse and replace it with a solid copper or brass “sluggo” which is provided by Verafi Audio.

The idea being a thick solid conductor is superior to a thin piece of tin (or other metal) that is designed to fail.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
Do you have a 20amp version?

corepowertech

Jan 8, 2016
Still trying to figure out how a AP Fuse or this device are supposed to have a positive impact on sound. Tired fuses and unfortunately they did nothing and I snoozed on the return window.
Happy to help when you are ready

All of our products have a 30 day no questions asked return privilege with zero cost to you

Thanks - Mark

Republicoftexas69

Happy to help when you are ready

All of our products have a 30 day no questions asked return privilege with zero cost to you

Thanks - Mark
Mark.

Appreciate that but the question is still unanswered. How can this device improve sound?

corepowertech

Jan 8, 2016
Mark.

Appreciate that but the question is still unanswered. How can this device improve sound?
I appreciate the chance to reply.

I want to be careful and not go "outlaw" on the rules of manufacturers "selling" on these forums.

I would ask you to give our web site a read with respect to FUSE BOX or any of our products. You can find SDFB here

The issue is this - fuses, even some of the special ones, impose a resistance as they heat up and the holders themselves are also not so good in and of themselves. We have measured 0.5 to even 1 ohm resistance across these fuse holders.

As a Fuse heats up - it changes much like an element in a toaster. There is a "limiting effect" in play

Aas Groovy Sauce stated - we supply very specific solid slugs (we call them Sluggos) - we have these in 4 forms at the moment, but more are contemplated. These are tested to 100 AMPS - they work great.

There are lots of nice (albeit anecdotal) stories about how FUSE BOX saved this or that piece of valued gear. FUSE BOX really works well - it's safe and tested.

Hopefully, you will read our web site and instruction manual. Lots there

Again - you buy, you try --- with a 30 day money back guarantee.

Many thanks - Mark

MacF

Jun 12, 2022
Baltimore
For me the improvement is more performance related. Amp has more perceived power, headroom & control, enabling it to do anything you ask of it without breaking a sweat.

Republicoftexas69

For me the improvement is more performance related. Amp has more perceived power, headroom & control, enabling it to do anything you ask of it without breaking a sweat.
My amps never break a sweat.

Republicoftexas69

I appreciate the chance to reply.

I want to be careful and not go "outlaw" on the rules of manufacturers "selling" on these forums.

I would ask you to give our web site a read with respect to FUSE BOX or any of our products. You can find SDFB here

The issue is this - fuses, even some of the special ones, impose a resistance as they heat up and the holders themselves are also not so good in and of themselves. We have measured 0.5 to even 1 ohm resistance across these fuse holders.

As a Fuse heats up - it changes much like an element in a toaster. There is a "limiting effect" in play

Aas Groovy Sauce stated - we supply very specific solid slugs (we call them Sluggos) - we have these in 4 forms at the moment, but more are contemplated. These are tested to 100 AMPS - they work great.

There are lots of nice (albeit anecdotal) stories about how FUSE BOX saved this or that piece of valued gear. FUSE BOX really works well - it's safe and tested.

Hopefully, you will read our web site and instruction manual. Lots there

Again - you buy, you try --- with a 30 day money back guarantee.

Many thanks - Mark
Mark, thank you for your reply not seeing the user manual on your site?? I did read above and I might give this a roll, not 100% yet. Thanks.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing