Sunday, February 2, 2020 / Super Bowl LIV & BAFTA Awards

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
For Football Sports Fans and Films Fans this is a big double day.
I am vey reserved about TV stuff, like Sports news and Wildlife.
When it comes to Hockey (Stanley Cup), and Football (Super Bowl) ... I'm hardcore to the bone, but I keep it under the table.

For Films and Music and Documentaries (Entertainment for the Brain with Laughs and Cries and everything else between) I share few occasionally...by periods.

https://www.goldderby.com/article/2020/bafta-predictions-1917-oscars/

Are you a Sports fan? Are you a Films fan? Do you have a TV and a channel cable subscription, or are you into physical activity...the outdoors? This coming Sunday will you be listening to your high fidelity stereo system with tubes and platine?

If you had a choice what would that be for this coming Sunday?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
And, who's going to win the Super Bowl, the ultimate uncontested champ?

And, which film is going to win the most BAFTA trophies? ....The supreme cinema leader?

Lights, camera, action ...

bazelio

Sep 26, 2016
California

BAFTA? Never heard of it.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Today is Super Bowl Sunday Bob. FWIW this is a day where the only thing that matters is the Super Bowl

Two great teams, one with the best player and offense in the NFL and the other who has the best defense in the league and both with great coaches. Andy Reid does deserve a ring but all I can say is

"Go Niners"

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
We are already planning the big game; friends from all over will be gathering @ my mansion on the Island and everyone is bringing a dish, some snacks, happy drinks.
Nothing else matters today, that's right Steve.

49ers by 7 (pass interception)

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
a bitter loss today by the 49ers as they contained Mahomes for 3 quarters and lead by 20-10 but Mahomes being the best player IMO in the NFL pulled of the miracle and scored 3 times in the 4th

Great game however. WE are presently in Mexico and one downside of the game was that even though we watched the game on Fox we saw only local commercials and missed the entire slate of Super Bowl commercials this year

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Enjoy your stay in Mexico Steve.

Indeed it was a good game, more excitement in the second half.

And the halftime show was a compensation for SF team ...

There is always another year, and the Oscars is next week...if the BAFTA Awards winners is a sign of things to come. It sure is and 1917 is going to sweep it all over again.

I've been in several parts of Mexico in the past; I have several relatives there right now...from the Montreal area. Which parts do you like?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Congrats to Andy Reid. A nice reward for a career of excellence.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
At the BAFTAs in London, Joaquin Phoenix was STILL wearing that self same Stella McCartney tux from the Globes. The sacrifice!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing