Super Bowl 2013

Who Is Going To Win Super Bowl 2013

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Indeed they might get wise to the option play. What they can't do is catch him. He is a gazelle.

Right now you can see the confusion even from the Ravens on option plays but more often than not the QB takes a lick and a serious one. Legal by the way, the hits will more and more purposeful since they are entirely legal. Defenses will gladly sacrifice yards vs putting a QB out of the game or the season. That is the main purpose of the offensive line, protecting the QB, once out ... He'll likely outrun most middle linebackers in the NFL but when you start putting hulking safeties like the Seahawks' Kam Chancellor at 6'3", strong, fast and a very hard hitter, the outcome changes: He'll be hit a lot more even when he doesn't run the ball in an option play, they will rush with more abandon and make sure they hit all the options. Fortunately he's not a one trick pony and that was my point: he's deadly accurate, maybe as accurate as RGIII just maybe, people seem to not notice how accurate RGIII is, and has a strong arm. These guys feet remain a weapon but to be used more scarcely thus they would last longer.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
Indeed they might get wise to the option play. What they can't do is catch him. He is a gazelle.

he is a gazelle. he is tall with great top speed, but i would not call him 'nifty' or particularly agile. time will tell whether he will be able to hold up based on his ability to stay healthy and avoid contact. when the pocket collapsed on him he does not look particularly able to escape. if the path is clear he can really run.

Russell Wilson is not quite as fast (although he is quicker), but he is more elusive and excells at escaping. and also has a great arm.

over the next few years we'll see which QB dominates in the NFC West. both have great teams around them....although the 49'rs are a bit older particularly on defense.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
he is a gazelle. he is tall with great top speed, but i would not call him 'nifty' or particularly agile. time will tell whether he will be able to hold up based on his ability to stay healthy and avoid contact. when the pocket collapsed on him he does not look particularly able to escape. if the path is clear he can really run.

Russell Wilson is not quite as fast (although he is quicker), but he is more elusive and excells at escaping. and also has a great arm.

over the next few years we'll see which QB dominates in the NFC West. both have great teams around them....although the 49'rs are a bit older particularly on defense.

Very good points. The Seahawks are for real with these kids

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
I was very disappointed in the 49er's play calling and not just the last series from the 7 yard line. I hated the last play call...single option when when you've got a mobile QB. The 49er's play makers seemed so much quicker and faster than the aging Ravens defenders. They should have used the run option to get into the flow of the game from the get go.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Congratulations to Mr. Colin Kaepernick.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
I was very disappointed in the 49er's play calling and not just the last series from the 7 yard line. I hated the last play call...single option when when you've got a mobile QB. The 49er's play makers seemed so much quicker and faster than the aging Ravens defenders. They should have used the run option to get into the flow of the game from the get go.

+1

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Do those who picked the Ravens to win get any type of bragging rights? :p

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing