Steve Jobs takes a medical leave

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2375797,00.asp

"Apple on Monday announced that chief executive Steve Jobs will take a medical of absence.
The company did not say how long the absence will last, but in an e-mail to employees, Jobs said he will continue as CEO and be involved in all the major strategic decisions at Apple.

'At my request, the board of directors has granted me a medical leave of absence so I can focus on my health," Jobs wrote. "I have asked Tim Cook to be responsible for all of Apple's day to day operations.'

Jobs took a medical leave of absence in January 2009 due to hormonal problem that made it difficult for his body to process proteins. It was later confirmed that Jobs underwent a liver transplant. He returned to work in June 2009.

Jobs was also diagnosed with and treated for a rare type of pancreatic cancer in 2004, but he said the 2009 absence was not a resurgence of that cancer."

I'm no doctor, and we have a few of those around here to correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems logical that the kinds of treatments that would allow a man with Pancreatic cancer to survive six years beyond diagnosis might cause all kinds of ancillary problems. Maybe even the kinds that could destroy a liver. I hope he's ok. Jobs is difficult, unreasonable, egotistical, uncompromising and brilliant. Love Apple or hate them, it's difficult to argue with the idea that he is the definitive business visionary of our generation. He pulled off something many companies dream of and almost none accomplish -- envision who/what you will be and stick to it from product design to the call center, in the face of criticism, in the face of failure, when the short money, shareholder equity and accolades lie elsewhere, and emerge, in the end, pulling incredible performance from unwavering focus.

I hope he survives another 30 years.

Tim

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing