Steve Jobs Died Two Years Ago Today

Keith_W

Mar 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
www.whatsbestforum.com
well it does happen in this country and names that come to mind are Larry Hagman and David Crosby

I don't know about David Crosby, but if the primary is a hepatocellular carcinoma, the treatment is liver transplant - potentially curable. Jobs had pancreatic cancer - the treatment is a Whipples procedure which he declined.

As you know, organ transplant recipients are selected carefully because there is a severe shortage of organs available for transplant. Giving an organ transplant to a poorly selected patient will mean that another patient will miss out. If there is evidence that a proposed intervention will not alter the outcome, the intervention should not be carried out - particularly if it comes at the cost of the death of another patient who may benefit more from it.

By the way, we are talking about a public figure and not a private patient. Public figures are held up as examples to others by many, not least Jobs by Apple fanboys. He should be made into an advertisement for the consequences of alternative medicine. It would have been nice if he condemned alt med when he was still alive and said something along the lines of ... "I am dying because I chose natural therapy over surgery" but he did no such thing. He was either too arrogant to admit his mistake, or never gained insight into it.

Johnny good riddance. I've put you on my ignore list too.

amirm

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
By the way, we are talking about a public figure and not a private patient. Public figures are held up as examples to others by many, not least Jobs by Apple fanboys. He should be made into an advertisement for the consequences of alternative medicine. It would have been nice if he condemned alt med when he was still alive and said something along the lines of ... "I am dying because I chose natural therapy over surgery" but he did no such thing. He was either too arrogant to admit his mistake, or never gained insight into it.
He fully realized his mistake. In an interview with David Kelle of IDEO design which handled early design work for Apple, and a friend of Jobs, he said that when he (David) got his cancer, Jobs told him to not screw around with natural stuff and immediately go for full treatment. He did and saved his life.

This video is probably region coded so you can't watch it but here is the interview: http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50138327n

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing