Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
Why are we playing records and tapes and digital files of solo piano performances when this amazing machine exists?

Reactions: andromedaaudio

rando

Sep 22, 2019
@Bobvin and his wife were considering a player piano a few years back. Seem to remember pointing out to him one facet of ownership that could only be interpreted to fit one of your most outstated goals in audio.

They play the exact same machine perfect recreation of a stored work every single time. For someone who desires reproducing the same copy of a few works over and over ad infinitum this would be the perfect companion!

Reactions: Bobvin and PeterA

timztunz

Apr 23, 2018
Texas
I know it’s far out of my league, but $110k oddly doesn’t seem that unreasonable for something of Steinway quality when you consider the cost of some gear.

iaxel

Oct 25, 2016
It is amazing.
My guess is that in the future you'd be able to fit such a system to any piano.
That would be an ideal solution.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
Why are we playing records and tapes and digital files of solo piano performances when this amazing machine exists?

For the performances and greater variety. There’s no question this would be a great addition to many peoples homes, if they enjoy piano music. The one I heard sounded excellent. It’s very cool.

Perhaps someday someone will come up with a girl playing guitar combination singing pop songs for you.

Reactions: Ron Resnick

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
It is amazing.
My guess is that in the future you'd be able to fit such a system to any piano.
That would be an ideal solution.

This Spirio designed in from the ground up system seems far more sophisticated (and thus more accurate and better sounding) than any aftermarket solution could be.

Reactions: SeagoatLeo

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Ron, my son-in-law based in Venice is one of the top technologists at Steinway & Sons working on Spirio. He is also a concert level pianist focused on classical music. He has a seven-foot Concert Grand equipped with Spirio technology. I would enjoy having you come by to experience Spirio, as well as hear him play. Every time we visit it's an absolute joy to have music played by Spirio on this magnificent piano while there. I can say the realism of the Spirio driven instrument is quite extraordinary!

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I would love to hear that piano play! Thank you!

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
It will be fun!

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
Ron, my son-in-law based in Venice is one of the top technologists at Steinway & Sons working on Spirio. He is also a concert level pianist focused on classical music. He has a seven-foot Concert Grand equipped with Spirio technology. I would enjoy having you come by to experience Spirio, as well as hear him play. Every time we visit it's an absolute joy to have music played by Spirio on this magnificent piano while there. I can say the realism of the Spirio driven instrument is quite extraordinary!
Open invitation?

I stopped in to a local Steinway dealer and experienced this Spirio technology a couple years back and was amazed. Sadly I don’t have the deep pockets to add a grand piano to our home AND be an audio geek.

Many years back I dated a woman and we were invited to a dinner party. As it turned out the host was a pianist and composer so after supper we enjoyed about 90 minutes of him playing various compositions he’d created—some with a very “george winston” type vibe. (Y’all might remember the video clip I posted playing George Winston with snow falling outside my room. I’m a big fan of george winston — from my sensitive new-age guy phase.)

Back to thee Spirio tech — quite an achievement and the fact you can record yourself and have the piano play it back - what an awesome tool for learning.

iaxel

Oct 25, 2016
This Spirio designed in from the ground up system seems far more sophisticated (and thus more accurate and better sounding) than any aftermarket solution could be.
At the moment.
Why shouldn't Kawai, Yamaha and other manufactures not be able to come with a similar solution.
I think it's only a matter of time (if they decide it's beneficial).

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Open invitation?

I stopped in to a local Steinway dealer and experienced this Spirio technology a couple years back and was amazed. Sadly I don’t have the deep pockets to add a grand piano to our home AND be an audio geek.

Many years back I dated a woman and we were invited to a dinner party. As it turned out the host was a pianist and composer so after supper we enjoyed about 90 minutes of him playing various compositions he’d created—some with a very “george winston” type vibe. (Y’all might remember the video clip I posted playing George Winston with snow falling outside my room. I’m a big fan of george winston — from my sensitive new-age guy phase.)

Back to thee Spirio tech — quite an achievement and the fact you can record yourself and have the piano play it back - what an awesome tool for learning.
Bob, anytime you're coming to LA hit me on PM and I'll arrange for you to come by and experience Spirio and meet Greg. I'm sure he would also be glad to play for you - he is very accomplished with his sole focus being the classical masters. Besides, I would enjoy meeting you!

Reactions: Bobvin

Ron Resnick

Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA

gleeds

Industry Expert
May 29, 2018
Cheaper then a monster pair of SS monoblocks with better resale value:)

Bobvin

VIP/Donor
Jun 7, 2014
Portland
www.purewatersystems.com
We need self playing guitar, drums, etc. I can’t fit an orchestra’s instruments into my room, but a small rock bands instruments could fit. what does the future have instore?

Reactions: Pokey77

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Reactions: SeagoatLeo

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing