So I bought I pair of Rockports...

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Thanks John. Can't wait to hear your system with its new addition! Next time I have an audio get together at my place, I'll send you an invitation. We do a music get together (accompanied with scotch and food) every month among us music lovers up here in the Round Rock area.

Lookin forward to it !

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
I certainly hope you're not stuck having to move and setup these by yourself. I'd be terrified if I had to move such a beautiful speaker.

Oh yeah. Piano movers. 700 lbs in the crates (each). My back hurts just typing this...

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Congrats on these beautiful ppeakers. I really like the color you picked, you Sir have great taste :)

I hope we get to see some pictures when the Speakers are all set up.

Thank you ! Will take a few pics. !

nirodha

Aug 11, 2010
Thank you ! Will take a few pics. !

In a word: GORGEOUS! What a difference from all the unimaginative eyesores (even some really expensive ones) polluting the market :)
Enjoy!
Wim

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Hi, they are now on a truck coming to my home. I suspect I'll have them on Fri. Then how to get 2 700lb crates up my stair case...this weekend. Will certainly post my thoughts (and a few pics) as they get set up, dailed in and broken in...

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone !!

...and??? ;)

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
They have arrived :) !!

Smokes!! They're big crates! Remember to bend at the knees...;) and get 6 professionals to help!

Last edited by a moderator:

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
They have arrived !! :) !!!

DSC_1924.jpg

AMP

Feb 27, 2011
Ignoring the contents for a brief moment.... without question Rockport ships some of the nicest crates I've ever seen. The Aquila *crates* were precision built which boded well for the contents. I wasn't (and haven't been) disappointed.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Did you get an X-ray of the boxes before signing the receipt? Congratulations John!

My wife already says my hi fi system is like the other woman...guess I could have shipped something else upstairs !:D

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
My wife already says my hi fi system is like the other woman...guess I could have shipped something else upstairs !:D

There are just too many silly double-entendre audio jokes one could think of...;)

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Two crates are still more discreet than two huge cakes. :D

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
And I still can't get over the fact that John has 2 huge crates sitting in the garage with no vendor support. :confused:

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
And I still can't get over the fact that John has 2 huge crates sitting in the garage with no vendor support. :confused:

Oh no...my dealer has been here every step of the way...unloading the crates yesterday, inspecting em, he just helped me get the Maxx 3 crates out today. We decided last min to switch piano movers (just felt safer) and a new company couldn't get here until Monday. So it was my call to delay from today to Monday...

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
Oh no...my dealer has been here every step of the way...unloading the crates yesterday, inspecting em, he just helped me get the Maxx 3 crates out today. We decided last min to switch piano movers (just felt safer) and a new company couldn't get here until Monday. So it was my call to delay from today to Monday...

Great to hear John!

108CY

May 4, 2013
Cant wait to see what they look like in your amazing room

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing