So I bought I pair of Rockports...

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
Definitely near or at the top of my WishList speakers, and I didn't even know they could look that good!

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
John, big congrats! I thought your system sounded wonderful when Lenny and I heard it. I hope these beauty's take your system where you are hoping it will.

Hi, you and Lenny are welcome back anytime ! I'd love to hear your system to !

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Beautiful speakers there. Congrats!

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Congrats look forward to the maxx 3 comparison , no rockport dealers in holland , would like to hear them sometime

There is one in Amsterdam...Amadeus Audio.

andromedaaudio

VIP/Donor
Jan 23, 2011
Amsterdam holland
I spoke to him a couple of years ago , and i understood he was interested in rockport , but i see nothing mentioned yet ,and its a by appointment only dealer/distributor not a shop where you can just walk in iirc.
And its not in amsterdam but in a village in the north, lloyd hilversum( Q 7 ) isnt in amsterdam either , holland aint that small :D
http://www.amadeusaudio.nl/
There is one in Amsterdam...Amadeus Audio.

Last edited:

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
I spoke to him a couple of years ago , and i understood he was interested in rockport , but i see nothing mentioned yet ,and its a by appointment only dealer not a shop where you can just walk in iirc.
And its not in amsterdam but in a village in the north, lloyd hilversum( Q 7 ) isnt in amsterdam either , holland aint that small :D
http://www.amadeusaudio.nl/

Thanks! I guess one cannot believe everything one reads! FWIW, they are listed as a dealer on the Rockport website.

Last edited:

mmatuva

Oct 26, 2012
Also high on my "maybe someday..." wishlist :D They look awesome...please post more pics when you have them; and, let us know your impressions! Congrats!!

GaryProtein

VIP/Donor
Jul 25, 2012
NY
It's a gorgeous looking speaker.

jazdoc

Member Sponsor
Aug 7, 2010
Bellevue
WOW!

Those are spectacular looking. Congratulations! Can't wait to see what they look like in your room. Any thoughts about upstream changes, i.e. amps to compliment the new speakers?

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I am about to hear a demo pair with the local distributor (previous Avalon dealer here) - I am sure they sound amazingly good! Congratulations!

still-one

VIP/Donor
Aug 6, 2012
Milford, Michigan
Those are beautiful looking speakers. Looking forward to your thoughts once they are in your home.

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
WOW!

Those are spectacular looking. Congratulations! Can't wait to see what they look like in your room. Any thoughts about upstream changes, i.e. amps to compliment the new speakers?

Hi, yes I am considering a few things. 1st I just added a Shunyata Typhon to my Triton. Really surprising how power just makes everything better. I am also, but after the speaker settle in, thinking on a new preamp and phono stage. My thoughts here so far is the Koda K10 (have one on demo now) and possibly a Allinic H3000 (can get a demo in a week or two). I've loved my Nagra PLL and VPS (pre and phono), but I know better is out there....I am very open to suggestions. Thanks

jfrech

VIP/Donor
Sep 3, 2012
Austin
Those are beautiful looking speakers. Looking forward to your thoughts once they are in your home.

Hi, they are now on a truck coming to my home. I suspect I'll have them on Fri. Then how to get 2 700lb crates up my stair case...this weekend. Will certainly post my thoughts (and a few pics) as they get set up, dailed in and broken in...

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone !!

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I certainly hope you're not stuck having to move and setup these by yourself. I'd be terrified if I had to move such a beautiful speaker.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Time to call the piano movers! I'm excited for you jfrech, keep us posted!

fabinho85

Jan 25, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
Congrats on these beautiful ppeakers. I really like the color you picked, you Sir have great taste :)

I hope we get to see some pictures when the Speakers are all set up.

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
Hi, you and Lenny are welcome back anytime ! I'd love to hear your system to !

Thanks John. Can't wait to hear your system with its new addition! Next time I have an audio get together at my place, I'll send you an invitation. We do a music get together (accompanied with scotch and food) every month among us music lovers up here in the Round Rock area.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing