Siltech Cables

Audioclyde

Jul 1, 2011
I landed a pair of Princess interconnects from an authorized dealer at an attractive price; they should arrive Monday or Tuesday so I'm eager to give them a listen.

I'll run the Princess from dac to pre and continue to use my longer Jena Valkyrie from pre to my Quest Silver monos--hope they 'play well' together.

Randy

Orb

Sep 8, 2010
Congrats :)
Let us know how you get on with them and your thoughts.
Thanks
Orb

Audioclyde

Jul 1, 2011
So I've had the Princess in my system as described above for almost 2 weeks. They replaced Jena Labs Symphony cables (which were used from pre to amps; the Jena Valkyrie now handles that duty). As I immediately discerned when I first added the Valkyrie to my setup (prior to that I ran all Symphony), the Valkyrie (and now the Princess) are simply in a higher class than the Symphony.

I thought I had a quiet background before, but with the Princess from dac to pre, music and vocals just appear 3D. I'm really really happy with the Princess (I can only imagine what even higher level Siltech sounds like!). I know I will continue to be on the lookout for more Siltech cables at prices I can afford/justify :cool:).

I use my the USB input on mt dac (TotalDac USB cable); I also recently added the Uptone Audio Regen device; I truly believe that $175 purchase has been by far the most cost effective upgrade/tweak to my system in 30 years! I urge anyone using USB to seriously research this device & give it a try!

Best,

Randy

Last edited:

Audioclyde

Jul 1, 2011
As my wallet won't let me spring for a 1.5 meter pair of more Siltech to run from pre to amps, I have a pair of Zenwave Audio D4's headed my way. A number of guys with ears I trust and sound preferences similar to mine have actually replaced G6 series Siltech cables with the Zenwave D4's so I am eager to add them to my setup.

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
Curious if anyone out there has had the triple corwn i/c in his/her system, and could comment on their sound impressions?

sly30

Jun 18, 2012
I had XLR Triple Crown for test. Absolutely the best IC ever heard. Much better than Double Crown. Even better than my The Best till now Purist Audio Design 25th Anniversary. Very deep, wide, great soundstage, great resolution, details, homogenic 3D sound, high band a little sweet, not offensive, super selective bass, one of only 3 silver cable which is not dry, it is even more saturate than many copper cables.

Eli08

Jul 19, 2012
I have 1 XLR to connect preamp and amps and speaker cables, but had not connected them yet. Waiting for other recent changes to settle. I have a DC from DAC to preamp so I am familiar with it. The XLR to be changed currently is a queen so I do expect a nice improvement.

Regarding speakers, right now I have the Emperor II with DC jumpers. I am going to try both alternatives: The TC with the THE dc jumpers and also biwiring the TC with the Emperor. Depending on the results I will go one way or anohter.

As son as I connect them and put some timeon them will report.

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
I had XLR Triple Crown for test. Absolutely the best IC ever heard. Much better than Double Crown. Even better than my The Best till now Purist Audio Design 25th Anniversary. Very deep, wide, great soundstage, great resolution, details, homogenic 3D sound, high band a little sweet, not offensive, super selective bass, one of only 3 silver cable which is not dry, it is even more saturate than many copper cables.

Thank you sly, I have the DC between the Dcs day and the burmester pre- ravishingly sound!
Are you actually saying that the TC is noticeably better?

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
Yes lease report once the TC is in the system of your impressions of it, and the main differences between it and the DC.

Eli08

Jul 19, 2012
Will do but it will take me a couple of weeks I think to have some conclussions. If I recall correctly, you were also biwiring with Siltech? Is it much better than a single cable + a very good jumper?

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
I hear you.....
No ,I'm bi amping the stellas-emperor2 on the bass, and emperor crown on the highs/mids

sly30

Jun 18, 2012
TC is much better than DC. I tested it between Gryphon DAC and Burmester 077 preamp. Great sound!!

Eli08

Jul 19, 2012
I just conected the TC XLR from preamp to monoblocks. No assesment regarding sound of course still. It will take a while.

But these things are massive. It makes the DC look almost like a toy... It is about double the diameter. THe new connectors are also totally different. The one with the pins does not connect with a click. THey have like a mechanisim to aply the right preasure on the connector. THey also have the huge shielding parts. I would need to experiment which option is best. Certainly is not an easy cable to work with, although it says you can rotate the connectors so you don-t apply preassure on the tails. Tails are alos about double what the were on the DC. ANd is heavy...

Anyway. We will see.

ozy

Nov 13, 2012
Atlanta ,Ga.
ouchy.... doesn't sound like the user friendly kind..........please let us know your sonic impression......

Eli08

Jul 19, 2012
ouchy.... doesn't sound like the user friendly kind..........please let us know your sonic impression......

Will do don-t worry. It will take a while as you know.

But I am really impress still when I look at them. I can-t believe how much @large@ they look compared to the DC. And DC are no joke... They are even slightly thicker then the DC power cords... Not the easiest cables to work with, is true. One very nice thing is the system to plug the male cable. You tight the thing and aptly the right pressure so it much more tight than any other connector I-ve seen. Nice touch.

Once is placed is fine, but It is not the cable you feel like playing with changing them around positions. Maybe the fact that is 1,5 meters also has to do with it.

Anyway that is all secondary. We will see the sound of it.

Eli08

Jul 19, 2012
The interconnects are just great. Huge step forward in all senses. Incredible set of cables. Presentación is fantastic, and all the good things you know of the Siltech DC, but more of it. A pleasant surprise all around. Can't imagine anything better.

Speaker cables, are still quite new with low hours, but so dar the difference does not seem that high. We will ese with more hours, and also I may need to play with the ground set up of them.

Last edited:

Eli08

Jul 19, 2012
Hi Stereophonic. 150 hours on the interconnects and approx 70 on the speaker cables, they sound just great. Have to say that with these cables plus the Troy with the Troy with the Thors SE, the noise I did not know I had, apparently was there. It is so low you can hear absolutely everything. And I don't mean only details but all. Ambient, musicians moving, all the melodies hidden of little parts of orchestras... It's hard to describe. And all with a musicality and sense of calm but at the same time dynamics that are quite impressive. The speaker cables with not that many hours on them add just more to the party. They are also fantastic. Is like everything is show in perfect order, under control and with the right tonality in all the band. With a musicality and a mixe of calme and dynamics that are juste engaging.

Stereophonic

Jun 9, 2013
Spain
Hi Eli.
Glad to know you're happy with the improvement.
Have you started to explore the TC/King combo?
Wich combination seems at first the better choice?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing