Creating speaker cable from zaolla silverline balanced cables

witon

Jun 20, 2021
Anyone used zolla silverline before ? their interconnect seem to be better than normal 5n copper but their only problem seem to be small wire size and copper braiding limiting their potential.
They also used to claim they are 99.9997 silver purity with copper coated.but their website does not have this information now.

I am thinking to procure three numbers of second hand zaolla wire stripped them off to their CPVC then combining them creating a 16~15 AWG cable.
Becuas inside each cable only three pairs exisit I cant use the star geometery cable , which arranglement should would you suggest? Straight parallel with teflon or align them along a teflon tube

Last edited:

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
Anyone used zolla silverline before ? their interconnect seem to be better than normal 5n copper but their only problem seem to be small wire size and copper braiding limiting their potential.
They also used to claim they are 99.9997 silver purity with copper coated.but their website does not have this information now.

I am thinking to procure three numbers of second hand zaolla wire stripped them off to their CPVC then combining them creating a 16~15 AWG cable.
Becuas inside each cable only three pairs exisit I cant use the star geometery cable , which arranglement should would you suggest? Straight parallel with teflon or align them along a teflon tube
That is a lot of work. Why not just get good quality conductors without butchering cables? PartsExpress has plenty of great wires on a moment's notice. Also, it will be cheaper.
You can start with just twisted wires. That's a good starting point.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing