Rockitman's 2 Channel Rig

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Wow that is some set up very nice . You are a very good kind of crazy. That is better system than most people will ever hear let alone own. I hope your insurance company is tuned in. Mine thought I was out to lunch you are miles higher than most of us. Amazing set up.

Garth

My HO3 homeowners policy is typical of 80% of home value is used for contents value...problem is...the stereo costs more than the house...lol. I'm not worried about theft...good luck moving my speakers, amps and turntables if you are in a hurry.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com
I've got my studio and it's contents insured for the same amount as the house.

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
True story many years ago a friend of mine a musician had a fire the house was left standing the insurance guy said lets walk thru each room you tell me what you had two rooms in he said stop that takes you up to your limit. He was stunned his record collection was up stairs he was a huge Beatles fan he had a band called the American Beatles in the Fall river Mass area in the time before the Beatles came to America. He had bought 6 of each Beatles albums as they came out opened one left 5 sealed. I can still see him opening album after album still sealed putting them on the turntable all were warped beyond any help. he had a bottle of Scotch a garbage can and huge stack of albums.

You can get coverage for more if you ask and you should theft of high end gear is more of a myth to hard to sell. Fire 200 dollar speakers or 200,000 dollar speakers just take a little longer to burn and it happens so dam fast. Now will my insurance pay out who knows. I hope I never find out.

Yes, fire is my primary concern. I guess it's time to up my contents limit.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
On a whim, I recently contacted Rockitman and invited myself over to hear his system. I had a trip planned in the area and have always wanted to see/hear his system.

Chris is a most gracious host, totally infected with the high end bug. His system and music collection are truly something to behold. We listened to the new mono pressing of the Beatles on LP, a tape of Ray Brown playing live, a few of my own LPs brought for the occasion. No digital that night.

After some background discussions about the system and the music, we sat down to listen. The immediate and first impression of the sound was that the scale and energy of the music was completely captured and reproduced. Large scale music came across with the power and visceral impact that is heard live. The system was also completely effortless. Music simply emerged from nothingness and often exploded into the room. The other truly astonishing aspect of the sound was just how silent the LP playback is. The TechDas table is a marvel of engineering. I also really appreciated hearing the massive Pass mono blocks.

Chris demonstrated how sensitive the Herzon isolation table is. Simply tapping your toes on the carpet over concrete floor produced a response from the servos in the isolation unit. The digital readout then showed that nothing passed through the top plate. Nothig gets to this table and the result is pure black backgrounds and lack of distortion induced by vibrations.

There was also the extreme extension, both high and low, and weight that you would expect from a speaker system of this size. The Pass amps drove the speakers beautifully. There was an ease and flow to the music and absolutely no sense of compression when played to extremely loud levels.

The Sheffield Drum Track and solo piano track I played were exceptionally realistic. Lots of air and pressure from those kick drums. It is clear to me that Chris is a real enthusiast and loves his music. It was a very enjoyable evening of great music very well reproduced.

Thanks Chris for a great time.

Last edited:

cjf

Nov 19, 2012
Hello,

Beautiful system you have here. Would you mind sharing the dimensions of your listening room?

Thanks

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing