Rockitman's 2 Channel Rig

Stump

Jul 15, 2012
WOW,there is a system to aspire to!Have you considered Stillpoints Ultra 5s for your listening chair?:cool:

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
WOW,there is a system to aspire to!Have you considered Stillpoints Ultra 5s for your listening chair?:cool:

Don't give Christian any ideas! :)

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
How many Ultra 5s do you have under each amp?

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
G'day mate,

Outstanding system! Overall sound better be good specially with those Odin cables from Nordost.

This is what I'm talking about; the X2's do require a fairly good-sized "large room". Although many claim Wilson's can sound good in smaller rooms, that just didn't cut it for me. My older ones were no where close to the imaging/soundstage I get now from my Quad ESL system. Even Keith W (the doc) mentioned that my room is still far too small for my present Quad system. Although I was about the 5th owner of the X2's still in very good condition, but never gave me that true Wilson magic they are capable of. Not just the distance between them but also the space around them. Anyway they have found an excellent room now with its new owner, and they sound incredible.

I really like those Pass amps, they are one unique ss amps that are very well designed. From top to bottom they are a masterpiece, you really cannot get any better than that!
Excellent match for Wilsons I must say, enjoy your music mate well done!
Cheers, RJ

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
Hi Christian

What are the diffusers on the wall behind the speakers?

What do you find they did for the overall sound?

Cheers

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Hi Christian

What are the diffusers on the wall behind the speakers?

What do you find they did for the overall sound?

Cheers

If you are talking in between the speakers, they are RPG Primitive root diffusers. They come is pairs, 2'x2' size per panel. They added significant depth and clarity to the soundstage. I found this place to have the best price in the US.
http://www.fullcompass.com/product/285977.html

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Great system...it has changed a lot in the last 12 months...amazing.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
3, I tried 4 but the bottom of amp power supply isn't perfectly flat so one ultra wouldn't make perfect contact and the amps would rock back and fourth a bit., if that makes any sense.

Why not get the Stillpoints adapters and replace the feet on the Xs150 power supply?

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Great system...it has changed a lot in the last 12 months...amazing.

Christian's afterburners are still on :D

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Just beautiful Christian! For some reason I thought you were selling the Clearaudio TT. I know the TechDAS is your new baby, but is the Clearaudio still somewhat active?

rockitman

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2011
Northern NY
Just beautiful Christian! For some reason I thought you were selling the Clearaudio TT. I know the TechDAS is your new baby, but is the Clearaudio still somewhat active?

Yes the Clearaudio is setup for mono playback...that way I use it. I do have a another arm in the rear w/o a cart currently, so I may throw on an Ortofon A90 I have lying around. I am getting stillpoints Ultra 5's for the feet tomorrow. They will replace the Finite Element Cerapucs currently in use under that table.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Yes the Clearaudio is setup for mono playback...that way I use it. I do have a another arm in the rear w/o a cart currently, so I may throw on an Ortofon A90 I have lying around. I am getting stillpoints Ultra 5's for the feet tomorrow. They will replace the Finite Element Cerapucs currently in use under that table.

Look forward to reading how the Ultra 5s fare underneath.

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Look forward to reading how the Ultra 5s fare underneath.

you already know the answer. I have yet to encounter a situation where stillpoints haven't improved the sound of said component. ;)

I never presume to know...but yes, I can certainly make a very good guess! Nevertheless, every once in a while, something surprises...so its always nice to get the answer once you've put them in. Enjoy! I am "sure" it will be great. ;)

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
you already know the answer. I have yet to encounter a situation where stillpoints haven't improved the sound of said component. ;)

Actually, and I've stated this before, Ultra 5s turned my SME 30/12 with Goldfinger Statement to mud. I couldn't take them out fast enough. But, that is the only thing I put them under where the sound quality wasn't improved.

Dre_J

Industry Expert
Mar 5, 2012
Actually, and I've stated this before, Ultra 5s turned my SME 30/12 with Goldfinger Statement to mud. I couldn't take them out fast enough. But, that is the only thing I put them under where the sound quality wasn't improved.

Frank,
Another friend felt the same way about the Ultra 5's under his SME 20/3. He didn't like the change. So, there is at least someone else that shares your SME observation. He likes the Ultra 5's everywhere else though.

Dre

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing