RMAF 2012 - who's going?

Bill Hart

May 11, 2012
I regret to inform you that I won't be attending this year. I hope, once in Austin, it will be an easier thing for me to attend in the future. Have fun, looking for full report.

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
Sorry Mike. All good ideas but I'm not going to be the keeper of funds. Too difficult esp if what is sent Paypal to me is underestimated.I'd rather do it there unless of course you'd like us to PP you the funds. ;)

nope.

every day i have to keep track of what 150 people are doing. i don't do that in my spare time too.;)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Since so many of you guys are attending why not have the hotel cater , Get a per person rate , prepaid with a set date and time ...

I was wondering if Marjorie might comp the group a room for the party?

rbbert

Dec 12, 2010
Reno, NV
I'm out if we are going to use a restaurant; if it can work out at a hotel convention room I'll need to reconsider. In either case, though, I'll be looking for other members here during the day!

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I don't know if this is helpful, but I found a place within walking distance nearby (Il Fornaio) that can accommodate us (up to 50 in their Loggia room- I called to confirm they can take us Oct 13) and the banquet menus are reasonable. The lowest price one is listed here for $32.95 pp. (+ tax and tip)

http://www.ilfornaio.com/?page=139&id=1186&restaurant_id=3161

The problem is they will not do separate checks so the logistics are the problem, especially with drink orders. I get that nobody wants to be the treasurer/bursar. I don't have a complete answer, sorry. But the place, the convenience, the food, and the fact they can take 50 of us is not a problem at Il Fornaio.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
I don't know if this is helpful, but I found a place within walking distance nearby (Il Fornaio) that can accommodate us (up to 50 in their Loggia room- I called to confirm they can take us Oct 13) and the banquet menus are reasonable. The lowest price one is listed here for $32.95 pp. (+ tax and tip)

http://www.ilfornaio.com/?page=139&id=1186&restaurant_id=3161

The problem is they will not do separate checks so the logistics are the problem, especially with drink orders. I get that nobody wants to be the treasurer/bursar. I don't have a complete answer, sorry. But the place, the convenience, the food, and the fact they can take 50 of us is not a problem at Il Fornaio.

I think that's the place that Jim Aud took us too last year! It's a long walk but doable. You go down to the corner where Shanahans is make a left and go down a way.

Food was good, nothing outstanding.

But that sounds like the best idea so far.

Shanahans also seem to do larger groups but will be much pricier. Good steaks though.

http://shanahanssteakhouse.com/private-dining/

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I just remembered that I will have to eat with my left hand.

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
Another usefull count could be on who of us are driving, I am renting a car and can bring 2 or 3 more in if neccesary.

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I have a rental car that I will be driving one-handed.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing