RMAF 2012 - who's going?

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I recommended The Bent Fork for last year's dinner but it sounds like the place will be too small for this year. You might want to consider The Bonefish Grill in Greenwood - that will be definitely large enough, food was good and service excellent. I use it for my "victory dinner" after clean-up on the last day of the show as it also opens late (or rather they've never kicked us out).

The Bonefish is part of the Outback family along with Carrabba's. Bonefish is probably the snootiest among the three restuarants, but I think their also the highest priced without a consummerate jump in quality over the other two. If I had to eat at one of the three, my order of preference would be:

1. Outback
2. Carrabba's
3. Bonefish

And don't get me wrong, I'm an Outback fan and would eat there any day. You can pay far more for a steak and do far worse.

Lee

Feb 3, 2011
Alpharetta, Georgia
2O10 I brought an A810 and we had an ATR-102 with Aria in Jtinn room. Last year I had my 1/4" A80 in the Usher room. This year I'll be bringing a 1/2" A80.

All of our machines have JRF Flux Magnetics ER heads on them.

I will buy you a beer or two if you bring that Mytek for a listen. :)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
To All Who Have Indicated They Want To Have A WBF Gathering With Dinner Sat Oct 13

The list of members who have indicated that they want to attend either alone or with friends and spouses as well as PM's I get daily indicates there are well over 50 now and the list is growing

My dilemma has been my inability to find a venue big enough to hold us all and the clock is ticking

The Bent Fork we used last year IMO will hold at most 25 people

I am posting this asking not only for suggestions of where we can go but also once again to ask everyone if they still want to attend

Last year due to the large number of members and guests we asked that everyone pay for their part of the tab and tip with cash. Under no circumstances will I or anyone pay the tab with a single credit card or even worse with multiple credit cards. This IS a prerequisite of attending....IOW bring $$$

So once again, who's in and for how many and suggestions to hold a group this size

Sees Bonefish might work but the quality of food according to mep isn't the best

I thought the Bent Fork last year was good

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
I still plan to attend. Last year I went to a gathering of people from Audiogon. We went to the mexican restaurant across the street from the show. They have a separate room that can hold quite a few people. Not sure the exact number but I would guess we had around 50 people last year. As for the quality of the food I would say it was decent but not anything special.

Sean

mep

Apr 20, 2010
How about a local pizza joint that has picnic style seating if there such a place in Denver?

mep

Apr 20, 2010
I still plan to attend. Last year I went to a gathering of people from Audiogon. We went to the mexican restaurant across the street from the show. They have a separate room that can hold quite a few people. Not sure the exact number but I would guess we had around 50 people last year. As for the quality of the food I would say it was decent but not anything special.

Sean

We ate there at that Mexican place last year and I thought the food was horrible.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
We ate there at that Mexican place last year and I thought the food was horrible.

how about the Hilton or Hyatt right next door give us a meeting room and we bring in Pizza's, and have a no-host bar. i'd say do a buffet but the food might not be (likely won't be) that good. everyone chip in $30-$40 a head.

i think the logistics of getting this many people to a remote location is difficult.

Steve Williams

I'm all for that Mike but bear in mind that even to order in pizza the cost of the room is high but I will look into it at the hotels by the Tech Center and report back but I still need a head count before we commit

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

Sean

You're being kind. Any resemblance between what was served there and Mexican food was purely coincidental.

I wish I could remember the place nearby that Jim Aud brought a large group to last year that was on the level of the BF. We had to have had around 40 people. Maybe you can email Jim and find out?

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
To All Who Have Indicated They Want To Have A WBF Gathering With Dinner Sat Oct 13

The list of members who have indicated that they want to attend either alone or with friends and spouses as well as PM's I get daily indicates there are well over 50 now and the list is growing

My dilemma has been my inability to find a venue big enough to hold us all and the clock is ticking

The Bent Fork we used last year IMO will hold at most 25 people

I am posting this asking not only for suggestions of where we can go but also once again to ask everyone if they still want to attend

Last year due to the large number of members and guests we asked that everyone pay for their part of the tab and tip with cash. Under no circumstances will I or anyone pay the tab with a single credit card or even worse with multiple credit cards. This IS a prerequisite of attending....IOW bring $$$

So once again, who's in and for how many and suggestions to hold a group this size

Sees Bonefish might work but the quality of food according to mep isn't the best

I thought the Bent Fork last year was good

Just me.

Mike Lavigne

Apr 25, 2010
I'm all for that Mike but bear in mind that even to order in pizza the cost of the room is high but I will look into it at the hotels by the Tech Center and report back but I still need a head count before we commit

i'm in for whatever is easy and close. $'s not the issue....it's time. if i'm looking for great food, trying to do it with 50 people is tough......

everyone can paypal $40 (or however much) to you or whoever and it's handled without conflict. then we go and relax and enjoy. last minute joiners pay $50 cash.

audioarcher

May 6, 2012
Seattle area
how about the Hilton or Hyatt right next door give us a meeting room and we bring in Pizza's, and have a no-host bar. i'd say do a buffet but the food might not be (likely won't be) that good. everyone chip in $30-$40 a head.

i think the logistics of getting this many people to a remote location is difficult.

I think that's a great idea Mike. Not everyone will want to take a cab or have a rental car.

I'm not a Denver native so I don't know of any good places to eat. Maybe I was being too kind to the mexican place.:) I remember it as edible but not great. I also had a few drinks before I ate.

Sean

Steve Williams

Sorry Mike. All good ideas but I'm not going to be the keeper of funds. Too difficult esp if what is sent Paypal to me is underestimated.I'd rather do it there unless of course you'd like us to PP you the funds. ;)

A.wayne

Jan 14, 2011
Front Row Center
Since so many of you guys are attending why not have the hotel cater , Get a per person rate , prepaid with a set date and time ...

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing