Quick review of Sonore Sonic Transporter and Ultra Rendu

JeromeFrancis

Dec 9, 2023
Zurich
For what it's worth, I have the microrendu and Optical Module Deluxe with Optical Rendu getting the signal from a Roon Nucleus, no complaints whatsoever. Btw. did not upgrade the software but tried today reading this post but after the successful upgrade log, the version written on the Sonicorbiter front page still displays 2.8... did you experience a similar issue? Thanks.
I received the following feedback from the console. To mention, I did not pay anything nor did I write a review about it, so I guess I shouldn't even be eligible for it if I understand the above mentioned controversy about the update policy correctly? But it is available in the software section on Sonicorbiter.com and I just ran it.

12/17/2023 15:10:07 - Starting upgrade. (This can take a long time...)

12/17/2023 15:10:07 - Updating sonicorbiter packages...
Packages for Sonicorbiter 167 kB/s | 254 kB 00:01
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:01 ago on Sun 17 Dec 2023 03:10:14 PM EST.
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!
12/17/2023 15:10:16 - Updating process 1 of 3 complete...
12/17/2023 15:10:38 - Updating process 2 of 3 complete...
12/17/2023 15:10:38 - Updating OS packages...
Last metadata expiration check: 0:00:18 ago on Sun 17 Dec 2023 03:10:23 PM EST.
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!

BCRich1960

Apr 18, 2022
To go from 2.8 to 2.9 you need to purchase the new SD Card that has it pre installed. I suggest you check with Sonore as there have been some issues with certain DACS and V2.9 with the latest Kernel.
Cheers…Mike

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing