Oscar Pistorious...does he have the perfect excuse?

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Steve, that is the article that seems to be circulating in the media. It's pretty crazy, IMO, as to what people will put into their bodies:eek:. Would this stuff have any benefit to performance except as a placebo?? Doesn't seem to indicate that 'roid rage' was a factor...but I guess the jury is still out on that one.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
-- There is a full hour show on TV; 20/20, starting in about 5 minutes.

Should be good for people with Cable TV. ...They will explore the two possibilities (prosecution and defense), with graphs (house's plan), and a whole lot more ....

Also, check Oscar Pistorius' life behind the public scene; quite something.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
-- That's right Davey; it was both on CBS 'Dateline' earlier,
and then again, right after that on ABC '20/20'.

* Oscar is cooked! ...'Very wealthy family with a great deal of influence' or not.

It is so sad; she was so innocent, beautiful, and a great life ahead of her.
Plus she was an advocate against domestic abuse and violence.
...And it happened on Valentine Day!

Methinks that Oscar lost his temper, over some type of uncontrollable jealousy.

...Heard about those several cops who killed (machined gunned) nine innocent people just few days ago, and caught on tape in South Africa? ...Totally disgusting!
- Cops are supposed to help and protect; but it seems that they are the enemies over there! ...Scary man, totally scary!

I've heard that they are not well paid. ...But you don't kill innocent civilians for that now do you?

_________

Mandela (Nelson), Africa, apartheid, ... so much problems in the world .... It hurts, and it hurts real deep, and you want to do something ....

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
-- Reeva Steenkamp, only 29 years old. ----- R.I.P. Reeva

Davey, he'll be back in court on June 4, when he's due.
God only knows what will surface between now and then ....

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
That's just one of the ironies in this case - why would someone who was so against abuse and violence hang out with a guy with such a colourful history of precisely that?

Because you see Richard, she was still young, naive, impressed by the power and the money, and all that jazz that young women fall into. ...She was trapped sort of, without her knowing so, yet. ...That's what I truly think, but I'm sure there is also more.

I also think that Oscar was very 'protective' of her, if you know what I mean.
...And perhaps he knew that eventually she'll have to leave him.
And Oscar, just couldn't contemplate that prospect....

What about you Richard; what do you think?

Human's behavior is so complex, and so many humans are controlling others.
I could write several big books about that, but I just won't.

People who are pessimists, as compared to optimist people, live longer and happier. Fact!
...There are studies proving it. ...I believe it, and it makes total sense too.
- Just goggle it.

Last edited:

opus111

Banned
Feb 10, 2012
Hangzhou, China
My noting of the irony was not to question her reasons, I'm sure they're good ones, rather to call into doubt the way she's being portrayed in the media - as an 'angel' and as 'naive and innocent'. Those do not stack up - birds of a feather flock together in my experience.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
-- Life itself, for most people is just an 'ironic' page to be turned over.

No matter what others said regarding Oscar and Reeva; fact is that she's dead now and Oscar is in deep 'chaos'.
Nobody deserves to be killed over control!

It is truly a very sad and sick world the one we live in. ...And all because of the human race, in major part.
Our education is not even a fraction of a fraction of what makes sense: intelligent and true loving.
We are detracted from the real life values by the power's and money's corruption; and men and women are all guilty in our societies.
We go by the creation of our own laws, in our own countries; and those laws are only as good as the people who apply them with justice, equality, and freedom for all. ...The right to happiness and living with honesty, health, integrity, and determination.

* I ain't worry about bad people doing bad things
I'm worry about good people doing nothing.

** It ain't what you read
It ain't what you think
It's what you do with it
And how well you do it.

opus111

Banned
Feb 10, 2012
Hangzhou, China
-
It is truly a very sad and sick world the one we live in. ...

Seems we live in different worlds Bob. There's no evidence for 'the one world' that I'm aware of - just people having different experiences of their own personal worlds. To wit - you see sadness, sickness and I see beauty and hopefulness.

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Seems we live in different worlds Bob. There's no evidence for 'the one world' that I'm aware of - just people having different experiences of their own personal worlds. To wit - you see sadness, sickness and I see beauty and hopefulness.

Yeah, I'm a pessimistic person, and I'm at peace too; happy, I think. :b
...The reality of this world is what people make of it.

Anyway, you understood what I meant.

edorr

WBF Founding Member
May 10, 2010
Smyrna, GA
This is one of those "we all know he murdered her, but will he get away (aka "pulling an O.J.") with it" situations.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing