Oscar Pistorious...does he have the perfect excuse?

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
-- ...Granted bail! ...I was quite surprised at the news!

But this is another country with their own set of laws.

And you know what amazes me the most? ...The news that he's planning to return to training!
What!!! ...He just shot his beautiful girlfriend!

I mean, ...can you smell the disarray here! ...The obvious contrast between reality and fiction! ...The discontinuity, the disorder, the dissociation, the disparity, ...!!!

I tell ya; if I had killed my lovely girlfriend by total careless accident, I'll be grieving big time, and the last thing on my mind would be to get back on training!
This is simply outrageous!

Gotta say the obvious truth when it presents itself to your face like that.

* BTW Davey, good fix (perfect). :b

Last edited:

NorthStar

Feb 8, 2011
Vancouver Island, B.C. Canada
-- Yesterday, I watched the French news on the Internet, and they were showing the blue print of Pistorius' house; with his bedroom, bathroom, and adjacent rooms.

...And from Pistorius' recollection, what he did exactly from his bedroom to his bathroom.
Ok, you guys can google it and see for yourself; but it is obvious that there were no burglars locked in his bathroom!
This is the most stupidest alibi ever!

You don't need a degree in intelligence to know that the guy simply lost his temper and shot his girlfriend.
He'll be back in court on June 4th, while remaining free on bail.

This case is closed even before it begins.

Now, the rules of the laws; the attorneys, the lawyers, the prosecutors, the judge, the jury, the public, the families, and all that jazz of our societies, ... anything and everything is possible, with money and lies and corruption.

Me: a beautiful young woman is dead; I am extremely saddened, and I grief with her family and friends.
As for Pistorius, he lost his temper and has to pay the price of that lost of temper (action of taking his gun and fired it and killed an innocent victim). ...The one we're all mourning now. ...She was young, beautiful, and against violence.

Last edited:

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
I have formed an opinion already, but if Kato Kaelin shows up as a witness, all bets are off! :D

mep

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I have formed an opinion already, but if Kato Kaelin shows up as a witness, all bets are off! :D

Or if Mark Fuhrman shows up.

Mosin

[Industry Expert]
Mar 11, 2012
Or if Mark Fuhrman shows up.

I believe his reputation was vindicated when he pushed until Michael Skakel was finally convicted in the Martha Moxley case. Without Fuhrman's involvement in reopening what appeared to be a cold case, Skakel would have been one more murderer who never had to answer for his crime.

Bruce B

WBF Founding Member, Pro Audio Production Member
Apr 25, 2010
Snohomish, WA
www.pugetsoundstudios.com

Something totally OT, but there was a photo in the Seattle Times this morning where Christopher Montfort was beeing wheeled into the courtroom. Christopher Montfort was alledged to have murdered a Seattle Policeman 2 years ago. Long story short, during capture, Montfort was shot and paralyzed from the waist down and is confined to a wheelchair.

When he was being wheeled into court, you could see shackles around his ankles.... that took me as a little more than odd??

Now Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Programming

Last edited:

mep

Apr 20, 2010
Something totally OT, but there was a photo in the Seattle Times this morning where Christopher Montfort was beeing wheeled into the courtroom. Christopher Montfort was alledged to have murdered a Seattle Policeman 2 years ago. Long story short, during capture, Montfort was shot and paralized from the waist down and is confined to a wheelchair.

When he was being wheeled into court, you could see shackles around his ankles.... that took me as a little more than odd??

This is a classic example of why rules were written for the guidance of wise men and the observance of fools. See, their rules say that all convicts must have shackles around their ankles when brought to court. The rules never took into account people who are paralyzed from the waist down and therefore shackles were just ridiculous for them and makes law enforcement look stupid.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Something totally OT, but there was a photo in the Seattle Times this morning where Christopher Montfort was beeing wheeled into the courtroom. Christopher Montfort was alledged to have murdered a Seattle Policeman 2 years ago. Long story short, during capture, Montfort was shot and paralized from the waist down and is confined to a wheelchair.

sort of like going into a bank and seeing the vault open but the pens bolted to the desks. Go figure

mep

Apr 20, 2010
That's because the banks 'lose' more pens than money from the vault.

Steve Williams

Pistorius's brother faces trial in woman's road death

Reuters

Reporting by Olivia Kumwenda;

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - Oscar Pistorius's elder brother faces trial for killing a woman in a traffic incident five years ago, the family said on Sunday, confirming a report that dominated South African media two days after the "Blade Runner" athlete was bailed for murder.
Carl Pistorius is charged with culpable homicide in the death of a motorcyclist in 2008; the case is unrelated to the Valentine's Day shooting of his younger brother's girlfriend.
However, it was not widely known of until local television e-News Channel Africa reported it on Sunday. A family statement said Carl appeared before a judge on Thursday and would be in court again in late March. His younger brother was freed on bail on Friday after a week of hearings watched by the world's media.
Carl Pistorius declined comment as he entered the home of an uncle in Pretoria on Sunday. The house is where Oscar, 26, has been staying since being granted bail on Friday until his trial for the premeditated murder of model Reeva Steenkamp on February 14.
The family statement quoted lawyer Kenny Oldwage as saying:
"There is no doubt that Carl is innocent and the charge will be challenged in court. Carl deeply regrets the accident.
"Blood tests conducted by the police at the time proved that he had not been under the influence of alcohol, confirming that it was a tragic road accident after the deceased collided with Carl's car."
Contacted by Reuters, Oldwage declined further comment. The family statement said charges had at one stage been withdrawn but then reinstated.

ATHLETE'S TRIAL
Carl Pistorius attracted little publicity until the arrest of his younger brother propelled the family into the glare of a global media spotlight. He and their younger sister Aimee and father Henke, appeared in court to support Oscar, who denies the charge, saying he believed he was shooting at an intruder.
The younger Pistorius brother was born lacking bones in his lower legs, leading to amputation and carbon fibre blades. As the Paralympian "Blade Runner", who competed with able-bodied athletes at last year's London Olympics, reaching the semifinal of the 400 meters, he became a symbol of triumph over adversity.
In his native South Africa, he has also been seen as a rare hero for both blacks and whites, transcending racial divides that persist 19 years after the end of apartheid.
The trial has drawn attention to South Africa's judicial system. Defence counsel criticized police witnesses during the bail hearings and, in a development that prompted further headlines, the lead detective was replaced after it emerged he himself was facing attempted murder charges.
On Saturday, Steenkamp's father said that if Oscar Pistorius was telling the truth about mistakenly opening fire then "maybe I can forgive him one day". But he added that if the track star were lying "he will have to live with his conscience".

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
Steve, that's very interesting about Oscar's brother, Carl. OTOH, Incredibly in SA, accusations of culpable homicide regarding car accident's are fairly common place! Many of the tribal people have shall we say "limited" driving skills. Unfortunately, many are hurt and killed by walking in front of traffic, never mind driving. I'm not sure I would read too much into Carl's predicament.

Steve Williams

Pistorius representatives name substance found

By GERALD IMRAY (AP Sports Writer)

JOHANNESBURG (AP) -- Oscar Pistorius' representatives named the substance found in his bedroom after the shooting death of his girlfriend as Testis compositum on Wednesday and said it is an herbal remedy used ''in aid of muscle recovery.''
A product called Testis compositum is also marketed online in both oral and injectable forms as a testosterone booster and a sexual enhancer. Some online retailers also say it can be used to treat tiredness.
Pistorius' lawyers, through his public relations firm, did not give details as to whether the product they named was the same one marketed in the U.S. as a sexual enhancer with pig testicles, pig heart and pig embryo among its ingredients.
The World Anti-Doping Agency said its science department had already been made aware of the substance and that it wasn't banned.
''It would appear to be a homeopathic treatment, and these treatments are not prohibited by the List,'' WADA said in a statement to The Associated Press later Wednesday.
South African police said during Pistorius' bail hearing last week that they found needles in Pistorius' bedroom along with the substance, which a detective initially named in court testimony as testosterone. Prosecutors later withdrew that statement identifying the substance and said it had been sent for laboratory tests and couldn't be named until those tests were completed and returned.
Pistorius family spokesperson Lunice Johnston said in an email to the AP that the athlete's lawyers had ''confirmed'' that the substance is Testis compositum. In court last week, Pistorius' defense lawyer Barry Roux said the substance police found in Pistorius' home after the shooting death of Reeva Steenkamp was not banned by sports authorities, but it had been unclear what it was and what the exact name was.
In her email, spokesperson Johnston wrote that Pistorius' legal team said ''that the herbal remedy found was Testis compositum and is use(d) in aid of muscle recovery.'' No further details were immediately available from Pistorius' lawyers.
Arne Ljungqvist, chairman of the International Olympic Committee's medical commission, told the AP he had not heard of the product but that it sounded like ''a real cocktail, all pointing in the same direction, namely having something to do with testosterone.''
''This sounds to me like something that needs to be analyzed in order to make sure what it is,'' Ljungqvist said in a phone interview. ''You cannot ban something simply on claims and names. It needs to be looked into. Even saying that it is testosterone boosting, it could contain some precursors. It needs to have some analysis.''
Pieter Van Der Merwe, director of South Africa's Doping Control Laboratory in Bloemfontein, declined to comment to the AP this week on questions over if a sample from Pistorius had been sent to that laboratory for testing. Police took Pistorius for a medical examination when he was arrested on Feb. 14, which included blood-alcohol tests, they said. The substance found in his bedroom was also being tested by police, who hadn't yet released results of their tests.
Pistorius, a multiple Paralympic champion, underwent two doping tests in London last year around the Paralympics, the International Paralympic Committee has said. He tested negative for any banned substances in both tests in August and September.
A product called Testis compositum is made by Biologische Heilmittel Heel GmbH, based in Baden-Baden, Germany. The company website says it is one of the world's leading makers of homeopathic combination medications.
A U.S. subsidiary, Heel USA Inc., markets the product in tablet form only and spokeswoman Joan Sullivan said she didn't know if injectable versions are sold in other countries. Heel USA's website says the product provides temporary relief for men's ''sexual weakness'' and lack of stamina.
The U.S.-sold tablets contain 23 ingredients, including pig testicles, pig heart, pig embryo and pig adrenal gland, cortisone, ginseng and other botanicals. It also contains several minerals, according to a list Sullivan provided.
Charles Yesalis, a Penn State professor emeritus and expert on steroid use in sports, said animal steroids likely wouldn't have an athletic performance-enhancing effect unless taken in huge quantities. Even so, he said many elite athletes would be wary of using such supplements because they can be laced with banned substances and few would want to risk it.
The company website listed a South African subsidiary as ModHomCo (Pty) Ltd., based in Centurion, near Pretoria. That company couldn't immediately be reached for comment.
Pistorius was charged with premeditated murder in the Valentine's Day shooting death of girlfriend and model Steenkamp. He says he shot her by accident after mistaking her for an intruder in his home. Prosecutors allege he intended to kill her.

DaveyF

Jul 31, 2010
La Jolla, Calif USA
I also read the report on the 'unidentified' substance in the media today. Seems like this substance isn't banned but it sure has some crazy ingredients. There are some mildly hilarious comments on the various web blogs today...mostly to do with Oscar's lack of a third limb;)

Last edited:

Steve Williams

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing