Ordering a Bokrand Tonearm

viliuset

Sep 21, 2020
So who has been waiting the longest? :)
I ordered and paid via direct bank transfer on 20th of September 2022, package arrived 30th of November 2023. It's been quite a very long wait, but now the arm is setup and all is well.
I am still waiting for my tonearm, but I would like to hear your experience about the DL103r :)

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Just to let others in the loop, I still have not received my tonearm.

About 2 weeks ago Alfred told me he will send me his new improved tonearm in 10 work days and I should feel lucky to get the improved arm at this price. To be frank I would have felt more lucky if I received what I have ordered over 11 months ago but I do not want to comment on this too much... Today is the day (since his last postponement) for the improved tonearm shipment but no news on that either.

Robert Young

VIP/Donor
Oct 22, 2020
New York CIty
Alfred has been in hospital. He got out only a couple of days ago.

I can imagine this is beyond frustrating for many who have ordered and not received their arms. Promises matter, and in this Alfred has let down the side. We all should know his story by now, so no need to explain.

When you do receive it, you will be rewarded with a high-performance arm that vastly outperforms the cost, which wouln’t buy you a used Denon off ebay. For a site that debates the “value” of a quarter-million dollar DAC…

Last edited:
Reactions: Tomcat1969

Tomcat1969

Jul 19, 2023
Alfred has been in hospital. He got out only a couple of days ago.

I can imagine this is beyond frustrating for many who have ordered and not received their arms. Promises matter, and in thst Alfred has let down the side. We all should know his story by now, so no need to explain.

When you do receive it, you will be rewarded with a high-performance arm that vastly outperforms the cost, which wouln’t buy you a used Denon off ebay. For a site that debates the “value” of a quarter-million dollar DAC…
Thank you for sharing this news Robert.

Reactions: Robert Young

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
The new arm looks nice, but calling it “Now Available” is a stretch.

Tomcat1969

Jul 19, 2023
I got this email from Alfred late last night.

"Dear customers and vinyl hifi friend

due to an extreme and exceptional financial situation, I am currently unable to pay for materials, lifts, etc. At the moment I am negotiating with a large hi-fi dealer in Europe who will soon be selling my tonearms exclusively for Europe. We are also negotiating because of my patents for tools to precisely adjust the tonearms and cartridges to 1/100 mm. I am also negotiating with a large HiFi dealer in the USA who will sell my tonearms exclusively for Canada, USA and the Far East.

Of course the tonearms then become more expensive because they are available immediately.

The whole thing will take about 3-4 weeks and I will then be able to produce the tonearms again and deliver them to my customers have to be paid since they have already been paid for. I hope everyone understands this current situation.

Please do not contact me about this matter anymore, I now need all my strength and concentration to conduct all negotiations (many contracts because of the transfer of my patents) so that we get a good ending for everyone involved.

Thank you

Alfred Bokrand"

There are still two arms for sale on Ebay which, in light of the above, adds insult to injury.

Personally, I've given up hope now. I'm done, lesson learned.

JLTA301

Jan 30, 2024
Madrid
Hello!

I'm new to this forum, greetings to everyone!

Does anyone have experience with the updated brass 12" Alfred Bokrand tonearm? How does it compare to the previous model, the one with the Ortofon antiskating?

I know all the delivery problems that exist with it, I am suffering them just like all of you, I have been waiting for a 9" one for a year although I must say that Alfred is being quite kind every time I contact him, i need to be very, very, very patient. I recently received the 12" brass model but I have to send it back because the antiskating doesn't work well and I'm thinking of asking him to send me one of the previous model.

Thank you very much in advance!

All the best!

kodomo

Apr 26, 2017
Can someone explain this to me? My tonearm is more than a year overdue as well as lots of others but there is one for sale on facebook. I tried to write message on the sale but it didn't let me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-02-05 at 14.32.32.png
    Screen Shot 2024-02-05 at 14.32.32.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 19

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing