NY Audio Show 2013 - My impressions

garylkoh

WBF Technical Expert (Speakers & Audio Equipment)
Sep 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
www.genesisloudspeakers.com
Gary-If you have the 12" 45 RPM version of "Relax," the bass must have been incredible. That cut will separate the men from the boys with regards to amp power and speakers being able to reproduce the bass cleanly if the amps are up to it.

Yes. I use the UK-pressed Sex mix 12" 45 RPM version of "Relax". The New York mix and other mixes are softer and the bass is not as clean. The UK-pressed Annihilation mix of Two Tribes is even better - if that is at all possible.

It was this track that made me decided on the cactus-spine cantilever moving iron Hyperion against my ruby cantilever moving coil Magic Diamond. The lower moving mass meant a more dynamic presentation that hit you in the chest even 20ft away from the speakers.

Shaffer

Nov 2, 2012
NYS
... Yello, Swedish House Mafia, Frankie Goes To Hollywood, all of which we played all are very well produced and I personally think more engaging music than the majority of audiophile offerings.

Couldn't agree more!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing