NFL Start Of Season

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Mr. Collin Kaepernick is a great player. He should have hit the receiver with the ball instead of throwing the ball over hos head. The official would not have been able to rule the ball uncatchable.
Let it go The team needs to run the ball a little better. Most comebacks fail. It will not hurt to score more points in the firs half. They need to worry about the Seahawks.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
On another front one ESPN analyst Merrill Hodges declared Joe Flacco the best QB in the NFL, in front of Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Matt Ryan and Jeff Rothlisberger

that's laughable

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Giants start housecleaning cutting high priced veterans Ahmad Bradshaw, Chris Canty and Michael Boley. Should be followed by Diehl and Webster at the very least. If you're a veteran, you have a high salary and are average, you're life expectancy is short.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Joe Flacco reportedly given richest contract in NFL history.....

$120M. Is he worth more than the existing best quarterbacks in the league. Not so sure I agree

Consider that Tom Brady will account for approximately half of what Flacco will against his teams cap and I think you have your answer. While quarterback is the most important position on an NFL team, it's not the only position. Flacco now accounts for more than 16% of the Ravens cap while Brady will take up just 7% of the Patriots cap. What does it all mean? The Ravens will be cutting key members of their Super Bowl winning team and the Patriots will have the cap room to sign them if they desire.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
49ers release 6-time Pro Bowl kicker David Akers

By ANTONIO GONZALEZ, AP

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — On top of the NFL one season, out the door the next.

The San Francisco 49ers released six-time Pro Bowl kicker David Akers on Wednesday, ending a two-year run of record-breaking highs and frustrating lows. General Manager Trent Baalke thanked Akers in a statement, calling the kicker a ``true professional who represented himself and this organization with class.''

``We wish him, and his family, all the best,'' Baalke said.

Akers appeared in all 32 regular-season games and five playoff contests the past two seasons, including San Francisco's 34-31 loss to the Baltimore Ravens in the Super Bowl on Feb. 3. He connected on 73 of 94 field goal attempts and all 78 extra points.

In 2011, Akers set NFL records with 44 field goals made and 52 attempted. He also tied the league mark for the longest made when he kicked from 63 yards in the season-opening win at Green Bay last year, bouncing the ball off the crossbar and through the upright.

But Akers made just 29 of 44 attempts last season, his lowest percentage since 1999. That included two potential game-winning kicks in separate overtime games against the St. Louis Rams, leading to a tie and a 49ers loss.

Akers, now 38 years old, particularly struggled from long range. He finished the season 9 of 19 on attempts from 40 yards or more. The 49ers even brought in Billy Cundiff to compete against Akers before the divisional-round playoff and NFC championship game.

Niners coach Jim Harbaugh decided to stick with Akers anyway. Akers hit the left upright on his only attempt in the NFC title game and made three field goals in the Super Bowl. However, he missed a 39-yard try that was called back because the Ravens were flagged for running into the kicker.

The left-footed Akers later revealed he underwent double hernia surgery in February 2012 then re-aggravated the area during the season when he slipped on the field during practice. After a Nov. 25 game at New Orleans, Akers returned to the doctor in Philadelphia who performed the surgery to receive an injection. He also suspended his Twitter account because he said he received a death threat.

Akers played 12 seasons for the Philadelphia Eagles before signing a three-year deal with the 49ers. He had been so steady his first season that many 49ers teammates publicly questioned why the Eagles didn't re-sign him.

Akers' 297 points over the past two seasons are the most in the NFL during that span. Akers has played in 221 games and connected on 367 of 453 field goal attempts and 521 of 527 PATs for 1,622 career points.

Akers also is a four-time Associated Press All-Pro.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Consider that Tom Brady will account for approximately half of what Flacco will against his teams cap and I think you have your answer. While quarterback is the most important position on an NFL team, it's not the only position. Flacco now accounts for more than 16% of the Ravens cap while Brady will take up just 7% of the Patriots cap. What does it all mean? The Ravens will be cutting key members of their Super Bowl winning team and the Patriots will have the cap room to sign them if they desire.
True Dat. But the Ravens chose to roll the dice. It's no Flaccos' fault they came up craps. Brady is old and broken. Flacco is young and just hit his prime. Many Ravens would exit anyway because they are old.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
True Dat. But the Ravens chose to roll the dice. It's no Flaccos' fault they came up craps. Brady is old and broken. Flacco is young and just hit his prime. Many Ravens would exit anyway because they are old.

Seriously?? Old and broken??? I guess I must have been watching old film of Brady this past year instead of live games. I could have sworn I saw his team finish 12-4 and go to the AFC Championship game a year after going to the Super Bowl. With no defense I might add. Apparently when you set the bar high enough, winning the Super Bowl is the only result people will accept or you're called "old and broken".

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Oooo sorry I criticised St. Brady.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Brady will be 36 when the season starts. He skipped the pro bowl with an injury.
Brady v Flaccoin the playioffs this year.http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=330120017

True, I am a fan. There are worse athletes you could be a fan of.
He always skips the Pro Bowl with an injury. That is, the years he's not in the Superbowl :)
I'm sure, as usual, next year he'll let his play do the talking. Never one to brag, put the other team down or call attention to himself, I could never figure out why some people show so much animosity towards him. Cost of being rich, good looking and having a rich super model for a wife I guess.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Of course next year, like stats, is for losers as as many of Bradys conquests will confess. Everyone will get better next year. As always QBs get too much praise and too much criticiism. Hail Brady.Go Pats.
I wonder if they are audiophiles?

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Of course next year, like stats, is for losers as as many of Bradys conquests will confess. Everyone will get better next year. As always QBs get too much praise and too much criticiism. Hail Brady.Go Pats.
I wonder if they are audiophiles?

I'll take an old and broken'' Brady over most QBs in the NFL ... That, of course includes Flaco. Let's wait and see how truly good he is .. Has not impressed me thus far. Serviceable? Yes. Superlative? Absolutely not.

IMHO Brady is the best QB in the NFL and has been for years.

I am a Giants Fan

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
At that rate Flaco will have to throw the ball to himself. SOmetimes the thinking of sports executives seems to follow an alien logic. Was that the same Joe Flaco I have been seeing last year .. What did they see that almost no one saw? Is there A Brady lurking there, a P. Manning or a E. Manning ... One has to wonder how much they will pay RG-III if he comes back healthy. He can do it all including manufacture yards from botched plays ... For that kind of a talent I would have given the team but Flacco ???!!?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing