NFL Start Of Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Some upsets right off the bat with the Giants falling to Dallas, the Redskins and RG lll looking great over the Saints. The big game for me was the 49ers beating handily Aaron Rogers and the Packers in Green Bay

This could be the year the 49ers return to greatness. Sales of Alex Smith jerseys at the NFL store went up yesterday

LenWhite

Feb 11, 2011
Florida
systems.audiogon.com
RG III certainly did look impressive with the Redskins; Denver with Peyton Manning also looked very strong against the Steelers; and I agree the 49ers were impressive vs. the Pack. Another very competitive NFL season with some great games to look for to watching.

The negative side of pro sports is the money grabbing by owners and players alike which increases retail prices via commercial advertising costs. Adverstising costs are ridiculous especially for the Super Bowl.

Steve Williams

Packers' Jarrett Bush says 49ers 'really didn't beat us'

By Gregg Rosenthal

Alex Smith was essentially flawless. Frank Gore ran wild through the Packers defense. Late in the Green Bay Packers' loss to the San Francisco 49ers, we thought the Packers were lucky just to be in the game.

"We beat ourselves. They really didn't beat us," cornerback Jarrett Bush said after the game, via the Green Bay Press-Gazette. "We just have to hunker down and make sure we're gap sound and get on the same page. Obviously, small things being miscommunicated on the field become big things, so they exploited us and that's what happened."

Oh boy. If any of this sounds familiar, let's replay some comments from Clay Matthews this offseason about Green Bay's playoff loss to the New York Giants.

"The fact is, (the Giants) didn't beat us; we beat ourselves," Matthews told Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports.

Give us a break. The Giants and 49ers pushed the Packers around. Green Bay has lost three of its last four games. Their defense was generally awful for all of last season.

We're starting to think Green Bay's attitude that no team can actually beat them is part of the problem.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
My story of the week is Randy Moss. If he can keep his mouth shut. He may be getting old, but the 'Pack should put at least one man on him.
Injuries could mean Terrel Owens could also see action before the season is out. Redskins, are you listening? garcon left them game with a bruised foot.

For those who like it, looks like parity and scoring will dominate this year. When you protect the quaterback and don't allow big hits over the middle, a lot more passes are completed.

It also appears that cornerbacks will have to get talller. Recievers are just playing to much jump ball.

Finally as a deihard Redskins fan, RG3 allowed us all to exhale.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
It looks like there is better parity across the league

How about the Jets

Yeah are they good or is Buffalo awful? Fitzgerald is TERRIBLE. It sure looks like someone screwed up when Fitzgerald threw that interception to Cromartie!

flez007

Member Sponsor
Aug 31, 2010
Mexico City
I ceased watching the Steelers game last night when they were up in the score 19-14 :(

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Too early to start thinking about strong parity in the league ... The Packers, Giants, Saints, Patriots and Steelers will be in the thick of things comes play-off time.

Denver defense and offensive line look suspect to me.

SF played well but Aaron Rodgers never seemed to be comfortable the whole game. it was quite unusual for him to display his unease so openly.

Atlanta looked good

For the Jets, too early to tell, the entire Bills team stank. It seems that Sanchez is the QB and Tebow a change of pace and trick-plays back

I am certain the Redskins would not consider a distraction like T.O. with a Rookie QB, maybe a team with an established strong personality leader such as the Broncos or the Saints. The Redskins wouldn't even poke him with a 20-foot pole...

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
Had a lot of fun watching the Redskins/Saints, RGIII is the man. Would have been nice if that was the Sunday night game, as I had to flick back and forth between that game and the Pats.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
I am certain the Redskins would not consider a distraction like T.O. with a Rookie QB, maybe a team with an established strong personality leader such as the Broncos or the Saints. The Redskins wouldn't even poke him with a 20-foot pole...

Nothing is more humbling than unemployment. I agree though, after the Haynesworth debacle, it's a stretch.

I had to flick back and forth between that game and the Pats.
Maybe there is a good deal on a flat screen with Picture in Picture

greg

hvbias

Jun 22, 2012
New England area
I have a 55" VT30, no way I can follow the action in a few inches of space.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
I have a 55" VT30, no way I can follow the action in a few inches of space.

Yesterday I went to the NFL network and "watched" all the games, it was fun to go from one game to another .. I wouldn't watch some game I amlookig forward to this way but it was fun.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Redskin fans are pessimistic. Things have been so bad for 'Skins fans they refuse to accept success. The "buzz is that RGIII success will be shoirt lived." "The teams have film on him now." It would be foolish to think he will score 40 points every Sunday. I don't think he has to. The beneift is to keep the defense off the feild so they can rest. If he can sustain drives down the stretch as opposed to last years three and outs we have a shot. It remains to be seen if he can lead the team from behind in the fourth quarter.

I for one am satisfied with his progress thus far.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Last edited:

Steve Williams

Not surprisingly the Pats are still ranked number one however after a great upset over the Pack my 49ers are the number 2 ranked team

I believe that the 49ers can make it to the Super Bowl this year (there I said it ;))

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing