Anyone Want To Talk NFL Playoffs And Superbowl Predictions

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
niners losing it bec of a punt returner...

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Giants Win! Giants Win! Giants Win! Giants Win! Giants Win!

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
What a game!!!
Now I can breathe ... pats vs Giants .. Giants win :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Alex Smith did not deliver. Was that 0-11 on 3rd downs? Hard to go the SB with such performance. I agree with Ron's comments earlier.

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
From what I saw today Eli is vulnerable and will never beat the Pats

Having seen the Pats several times this year, their defense isn't 1/100th as good as the 49ers. Eli will go wild on the Pats. Hakeem will eat the Pats secondary alive.

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
Not an SF fan but their defense is better than the Pats' .. They are very difficult to score against. Was watching he game on a bad sInternet stream so I could not se everyting .. I would not however fault Alex Smith ... He played well against a defense that is hitting all cylnders and has confused more than one QB, he didn't seem fazed... I actually found the Jints D exposed at times by a running quaterback ... Fortunately Tom Brady doesn't run.. . Giants by a touchdown...

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Having seen the Pats several times this year, their defense isn't 1/100th as good as the 49ers. Eli will go wild on the Pats. Hakeem will eat the Pats secondary alive.
I agree. Patriots barely beat the Ravens and maybe they lose if the Ravens' kicker doesn't miss the chip shot to tie.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Stupid mistakes. Tough loss

Stupid mistakes? Take a number buddy. See Ravens-Patriots for that one. I feel so bad for the Ravens. They HAD it. Twice! Save two mistakes that will not be soon forgotten in a bitter off season. They played beautifully. Flaco did what he had to. The defense did what great defenses do. Brady was mortal today. A very bad day for the Harbough brothers indeed but a great day for football.

All that's left to say now is- Go Giants! Should be a very good game.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Stupid mistakes. Tough loss

Never mind the fumble that was poked as Kyle Williams wanted more yards for the return. The one that hurt was the previous return wherein he was letting the ball go but the ball lightly touched his knee thereby making it a live ball. That resulted into a quick score for the Giants and was the biggest break they had all game to take back the lead. Tough one there.

Last edited:

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
Superbowl BABY!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
btw, i'm a bit confused about the giants. are they a new york team or a new jersey team? or does new york have 2 nfl teams like la has with the lakers and the clippers in the nba?

FrantzM

Apr 20, 2010
NEW YORK GIANTS ... Their home Stadium is in New Joysey :(

New York City has two NFL teams, Two NHL Teams, Two MLB teams and soon will have two NBA teams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
NEW YORK GIANTS ... Their home Stadium is in New Joysey :(

New York City has two NFL teams, Two NHL Teams, Two MLB teams and soon will have two NBA teams

thanks for the info, frantz. :)

MylesBAstor

Apr 20, 2010
New York City
No way Eli is going to beat the Pats this time around. For me it wasn't so much as to how the Giants won the game but rather how the 49ers lost it

Do you mean in 2007 or this year?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/gameflash/2011/11/06/4507_boxscore.html

The Pats OLine couldn't protect Brady and he was running for his life in November :) Let's look at some of the other facts. Brady is not a mobile QB, unlike Rodgers or Smith. So the Giants pass rushers, all four of them, will have their pass rushing routes defined. That line better be able to protect Brady better than it did earlier this year. Second, the Pats are a one dimensional aging offensive team. Gronkowski was hurt in the Ravens game and his status is unknown. So they basically have two receivers (Hernandez and Welker) and bunch of over the hill receivers like Branch. Right now, the majority of their game are short slants over the middle say to Welker, and the Giants have shut those passes down all post-season. Third, there's no aspect of the defense or offense, where the Pats are superior, outside of the QB position, and there, the difference is so slight to be meaningless. And might I add, beginning with the Jets game, the Giants D has basically shut down every QB including the likes of Tony Romo and Aaron Rodgers (and Rodgers is a lot more mobile than Brady). Even at coaching, it's a wash.

So I expect the Giants to really dominate this game.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
For me it wasn't so much as to how the Giants won the game but rather how the 49ers lost it

on yesterday's game, i saw it that way too. that muffed punt call on williams, was supposed to eat up more time (and a possible score) while the niners were leading by 4 but that call reversal upon review gave the giants great field position and a quick score and a lead change. the niners lost it right there.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Ha! I would argue they lost it the second they decided to use Alex Smith as their quarterback. Think about it: their field goal kicker set an NFL single season record for the most field goals. That is not a record I want my field goal kicker to have. He earned that record because the Niners offense in the red zone (and, heck, even outside the red zone) was absolutely abysmal, and the first, second and third reasons for that futility is Alex Smith. I posted yesterday during the game, and it bears repeating: 35 minutes into the game (i.e., 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter) and Alex Smith had completed 3 passes. Three! Can you even think of another quarterback who is less skilled (other than JaMarcus Russell)? Even Tim Tebow, as sad a passer as he is, would have won that game for the Niners.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing