NFL Start Of Season

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Arround 18%of the 120milion salary cap goes to Flacco. Most would agree Boldin is a better player. I don't think Baltimore will contend for a championship next yeear. It may be time to unload the aging vets. Especially with the rookie salary cap. Pittsburgh and New England are getting old. Brady and Rothlesberger are are old and broken.
One thing is certain Boldin wont beat the 49ers next year.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Rgiii

One has to wonder how much they will pay RG-III if he comes back healthy

IIRC RGIII has 4yr. deal with a one year option. The Dr. says he is healing ahead of schedule whaterver that means. it is likely he cioould miss half of next year. Take my word has injury was serious.
Dan Snyder is generous to a fault as we all know. if the 'Skins go deep in the playoffs or win the SB he would no doubt get a raise. the'Skins are uinder a salary cap penaklty and are in desperate need of help on defese and offensive line. They are trying to make it with two QB. Grossman is available but could not fill in during the game.Redskins nation thanks Dan should ignore the salary cap penalty and go to court. No signs of that yet.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Arround 18%of the 120milion salary cap goes to Flacco. Most would agree Boldin is a better player. I don't think Baltimore will contend for a championship next yeear. It may be time to unload the aging vets. Especially with the rookie salary cap. Pittsburgh and New England are getting old. Brady and Rothlesberger are are old and broken.
One thing is certain Boldin wont beat the 49ers next year.

Here we go again. Do you just make this stuff up as you go along?
I'm not getting in to the Brady thing again. You clearly have a blind spot but:

Rank Team Avg age Rank Team Avg age
1 Rams 25.32 17 Jets 26.21
2 Eagles 25.55 18 Saints 26.34
3 Browns 25.62 19 Raiders 26.38
4 Vikings 25.64 20 Giants 26.4
5 Packers 25.65 21 Ravens 26.4
6 Buccaneers25.69 22 Texans 26.42
7 Seahawks 25.77 23 Broncos 26.47
8 Chiefs 25.8 24 Redskins 26.53
9 Patriots 25.81 25 Steelers 26.56
10 Titans 25.85 26 Bills 26.57
11 Bengals 25.87 27 49ers 26.64
12 Panthers 25.91 28 Bears 26.66
13 Dolphins 25.91 29 Cardinals 26.91
14 Cowboys 26 30 Lions 26.93
15 Colts 26.02 31 Falcons 26.98
16 Jaguars 26.06 32 Chargers 27.15

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Can you name two stars for Pittsburgh over the last two years who are aging and injured. Did thier absence contribute to the tames failure tio make it to the SB?
Can you name two players who were injured form the Patriots who contributed to the Patriots demise?
Stats are misleading. What is the average age and health of thier go to players?
The Patriots and Steelers are and will remain good. As they say in the NCAA this is a championsip programs.Anything else is a failure.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Let me make this up. Brady could only score thirteen points at home against the beat up Ravens defedse. Ray Lewuis -one arm. Terrell Suggs one leg. The aging Ed Reeves. Pittsburgh was playing with a backup QB. When is the last time Safety Troy made an impact? All these players are headed to the hall of fame. What have you done for me lately?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Well Gegadd

Peyton Manning couldn't score against the Ravens either, nor was a not-broken QB from the 49ers.. Your rationale is pretty strange but I get it:You don't like Brady.. He remains the best QB in the NFL.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
The 49ers QB was not broken and could score. The score was 34-31 with one the Ravens TDs a kickoff return. In fact he did score. He just suffered from a litte stage fright. But for a failed pass intereference call the 49ers might have won.
Peyton Mannings shortcomings in the playoffs are well documented.
I don't like the Patriots not just Brady. He is a first ballot hall of famer. The Patriots colid be a dynasty. A super bowl lost to the regular season 9-7 Giants amd then the AFc championship lost to the aging Ravens is a bad omen. Will Brady get better? Not likely.

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011

audioguy

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Near Atlanta, GA but not too near!

Yeah for our team !!!!!

Go Falcons !! What's great about being a Falcon fan now is that this ownership and leadership team (Arthur Blank, Thomas Dimitroff, Rich McKay), unlike the Morons before them - (Rankin Smith and children) actually have continued to improve the team year after year with better decisions, better coaches, better players, better draft choices, better, better, better. We may or may not be a Super Bowl team yet, but we are getting VERY close.

Tony Gonzales hanging in there for another year is also awesome. Class act.

We still have a few important holes to fill, but hopefully we can address those needs as well.

Is it football season yet? I think I'm having withdrawal symptoms. :( :( :(

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Patriot fans blame Welker [video]http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2013/03/17/angry-new-england-patriots-fan-burns-wes-welker-jersey-video/related/[/video]

Can you say flame retardant?

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC

Frank750

VIP/Donor
Jul 8, 2011
Patriots wanted to keep Welker
Are the Pats that arrogant?

Kraft." I don't answer to Tom Brady."

Completely taken out of context. The owner of the team was asked if he checked with Tom Brady before telling Wes Welker that the team had moved on without him. The Patriots weren't prepared to be held hostage by Welker while his possible replacement signed elsewhere as Welker's agent attempted to create a market for his player. Robert Kraft was simply stating that he doesn't answer to Tom Brady regarding personnel decisions. I for one can't find fault with an organization that has had the best record in the NFL over the course of the past 12 years. And, will remain competitive for at least another four years. Not many teams from any period, let alone the salary cap era, can say they were near or at the top of the league for more than 15 consecutive years. Robert Kraft and Tom Brady have what has been described by both Brady and Kraft as a father/ son relationship. I don't think he was slighting Brady at all with that comment.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Completely taken out of context. The owner of the team was asked if he checked with Tom Brady before telling Wes Welker that the team had moved on without him. The Patriots weren't prepared to be held hostage by Welker while his possible replacement signed elsewhere as Welker's agent attempted to create a market for his player. Robert Kraft was simply stating that he doesn't answer to Tom Brady regarding personnel decisions. I for one can't find fault with an organization that has had the best record in the NFL over the course of the past 12 years. And, will remain competitive for at least another four years. Not many teams from any period, let alone the salary cap era, can say they were near or at the top of the league for more than 15 consecutive years. Robert Kraft and Tom Brady have what has been described by both Brady and Kraft as a father/ son relationship. I don't think he was slighting Brady at all with that comment.

Agreed ...
Meanwhile back in DC during those same 15 years ...

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
Well actually the Redskins are based in Ashburn, Va and play in Largo, MD.
Yes our front office is incompetent. Back to the Patriots.
Taken out of context. That;s what politicians say when they make a gaffe our get caught red handed. The general consensus was Brady took less money so players like Welker could be kept. This is not the first time good players have been let go by the Patriots. Krafts tortured analysis of Welkers new contract has yet to be verified. The Pats claimed they were under time constraints. They could have tolled the deadline by making Welker a public decent offer.
Kraft was out there trying to do damage control beciause this is a PR nightmare.I Welker is a fan favorite, Only time will tell if it was tacticl error. I for one think Welker made the right move.IMO the Pats are on the way down.

As for the Kraft-Brady father-son relarion, it looks Brady got p-ut in hos place

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing