New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I’m posting this at 39000 feet as we land back in LA in 2 hours

let the playoffs begin.

we all said at the start if the season that there will be surprises so get ready.

I like OKC and Knicks to pull some surprises.

Reactions: jadis

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Why is no one talking about the Suns with their 3 super stars. They too have flashes of greatness but the inconsistency of their trio leaves me scratching my head
They fly under the radar :D

Steve Williams

They fly under the radar :D
Maybe. I thought at the start of the season they would be favorites but for me they too have flashes of greatness followed by losses to subpar teams

Reactions: jadis and christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Maybe. I thought at the start of the season they would be favorites but for me they too have flashes of greatness followed by losses to subpar teams
I have to agree with you.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Much to my amazement Lakers, Kings and Warriors all win their needed final game and Lakers grab the 8 spot as they beat the Pels. But again hubris may strike as the Loss dropped Pels into the 7 th and Suns finish 6th. So it will be Lakers vs Pels again
Looks like the Lakers own the Pelicans. Matchup favors the Lakers.

• Wow
Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Why is no one talking about the Suns with their 3 super stars. They too have flashes of greatness but the inconsistency of their trio leaves me scratching my head
They lack the kind of defense like that of the Heat. That's one.

Steve Williams

Looks like the Lakers own the Pelicans. Matchup favors the Lakers
The Pels IMO are beginning to feel their oats with a healthy Zion so I maintain anything is possible in this year's playoffs

Steve Williams

Not convinced this stat is a result of Adam Silver and all of his new tournaments but rather due to the genuine excitement of every game. I truly cannot remember sucj=h an exciting season nor one which came down to the last day of the season where so many spots in the standings were up for grabs. Other than the Celtsn and the Nuggs did anyone really believe that if someone told them OKC would win the WC and the Knicks would be the 2nd seed in the EC on day 1 of the season.....they would have laughed

NBA sets all-time records for attendance and sellouts in 2023-24

NBA arenas were filled to an all-time-high 98% capacity during the regular season

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Not convinced this stat is a result of Adam Silver and all of his new tournaments but rather due to the genuine excitement of every game. I truly cannot remember sucj=h an exciting season nor one which came down to the last day of the season where so many spots in the standings were up for grabs. Other than the Celtsn and the Nuggs did anyone really believe that if someone told them OKC would win the WC and the Knicks would be the 2nd seed in the EC on day 1 of the season.....they would have laughed

NBA sets all-time records for attendance and sellouts in 2023-24

NBA arenas were filled to an all-time-high 98% capacity during the regular season

The drafts and trades have done well for the teams now on a winning team. Silver should not even lift a finger in those things. Stars are pouring in from the college ranks and Europe. Players are what makes the league exciting. Silver should start a crusade to discipline referees with terrible calls, if anything at all can be done.

Steve Williams

But it all begins tonight Phil with the Play in rounds

I think these will be exciting as the playoffs themselves.

Game to watch is the Kings and Warriors. I am really shocked as to the demise of the Kings and Steph and the Warriors have been playing well . Lakers and Pels will also be interesting and I never discount the Pels. Plus this is not a seven game series but one game to decide if you play the next game or whether you go fishing..

Steve Williams

I thought thesis well deserved announcement

Thunder coach Mark Daigneault named NBCA Coach of the Year

The Thunder coach is the 2024 recipient of the Michael H. Goldberg NBCA Coach of the Year Award

Steve Williams

my only thought about being COTY is that suddenly there is no wy to go except down. That brings consequences . Case I point is the former Bucks coach Mike Budenholzer was named COTY and won the it all only to be fired the following year

I suspect Bucks will have a similar fate this year and Doc Rivers needs to be shown the exit door

Steve Williams

great game in New Orleans as a healthy and slimmed down Zion scores 20 in the first half and looks juiced as does Brandon Ingt=ram whoo has bulked up and as another exLaker is playing his heart out to beat the Lakers. However a 39 yo LeBron is carrying the Lakers and end of half, lakers lead 60-50

Austin Reaves just seems off his game and I never discount the Pels with a healthy Zion. Both teams are juiced and very active so I anticipate a strong second half by both teams. I still feel more secure as to a Lakers win if I see a better Austin Reaves

Did anyone see the zoo pass by Ingram to Zion for a layup. The Pels are finally showing their strength as a team. Long overdue. Winner of this game gets the 7 spot butt inherit a 7 game series with the Nuggets to whom the Lakers were swept last year in the conference finals

Steve Williams

Nonetheless Zion is having a standout game. Did you all see what happened when the irresistible force met the immovable object...Zion attacks James like a bulldozer and ran right over LeBron. Zion is playing the best Ive ever seen since he's been in the league. However he also has three charging fouls

Lakers lead 75-61 with under 5 minutes left In the third

Steve Williams

Lakers had an 18 point lead in the 3rd but a strong and unstoppable Zion close out the third and only trail 83--76 at end of 3rd

a 19-8 Pelican run to end the 3rd

The Pels are in this game and cannot be counted out . This is basketball with a head of steam

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing