New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The new power rankings are very impressive this week as low and behold not only are Nuggets 1 but OKC is 3rd behind the Celtics.The biggest surprise from is the Pelicans are now ranking in the top 10
Funny ranking category - Free Fall of the Week. Lakers and Sixers share the top honors. :D

I expect the Pelicans to do well this season. But my own feeling is, they are under-utilizing Zion. The guy should be a top 3 leading scorer of the NBA this season as he gets his way around any defender and makes the shot look easy. While it's a good thing that they rotate to ball to everybody, those guys need to step up big time. CJ McCollum could be their 3rd top scorer, he just has to be consistent come playoff time.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Another win for the C's and they are fighting to the homecourt advantage all throughout the playoffs, which is quite important for them but I can see a team like Denver going into the Garden and splitting it at 1-1.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Another win for the C's and they are fighting to the homecourt advantage all throughout the playoffs, which is quite important for them but I can see a team like Denver going into the Garden and splitting it at 1-1.
Phil

They are up 9.5 games in the EC and 6.5 games ahead of Denver. I suppose anything is possible this year but I just can't see Celtics finishing anything but first this year

Reactions: christoph and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Phil

They are up 9.5 games in the EC and 6.5 games ahead of Denver. I suppose anything is possible this year but I just can't see Celtics finishing anything but first this year

That's really nice to hear Steve. But I will be that confident if someone becomes Mr Clutch in the Celtics lineup. The playoffs is about clutch and having a money man down the stretch of the game. Regular season scoring and 3 ball records do not matter in the Finals. They have to deliver the goods. I now recall Boston was favored in virtually each game in the 7 games against Miami last season. They lost 4 and that was it. Mazulla needs to have some plays designed towards those end games. It can't be a free flowing play without time outs, imo.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
  • Wow
Reactions: Steve Williams

Steve Williams

That's really nice to hear Steve. But I will be that confident if someone becomes Mr Clutch in the Celtics lineup. The playoffs is about clutch and having a money man down the stretch of the game. Regular season scoring and 3 ball records do not matter in the Finals. They have to deliver the goods. I now recall Boston was favored in virtually each game in the 7 games against Miami last season. They lost 4 and that was it. Mazulla needs to have some plays designed towards those end games. It can't be a free flowing play without time outs, imo.
I hear you Phil. The Celtics have played terrible in the last 2 years of playoffs and failed to win that which certainly was theirs to lose. Bucks are red hot and even though they are 9.5 games out, they are poised to do some serious damage. And let's not forget the Knicks and Cavs, Pacers etc. Its a tough conference

Steve Williams

Lakers win at home last night against Atlanta. Lakers seem to have a stronghold on the 9 slot even though GSW have 2 games in hand. The biggest source of entertainment for me remains the play of Reaves and Russell who IMO have earned starting spots in the Lakers lineup

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Spurs vs Mavs now. close one. First time to see , in a long long time, a one handed foul shot by Sochan of the Spurs. 78% but he missed 2 with 3 minutes to go.

Reactions: christoph

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Wemby missed 2 consecutive 3 balls with 2 minutes to go. Big men should always be inside.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Wolves really tough. Missing 2 big men who are starters, they fought each down 18 to close the gap but in the end, clutch shots of Jokic sealed it.

Steve Williams

Wolves really tough. Missing 2 big men who are starters, they fought each down 18 to close the gap but in the end, clutch shots of Jokic sealed it.
Battle of the Titans.....Denver now in a virtual tie with OKC although OKC has 2 games in hand, Clippers are in 4th and going nowhere. Denver cannot be ignored as they are peaking at the right time. I always worry about a team such as Celtics or OKC as they do so well all season that they peak too soon and fail in the playoffs. Denver IMO has the momentum now

Steve Williams

Stephen A goes bold this time but I can't disagree

Why Stephen A. is backing the Pelicans

Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Stephen A goes bold this time but I can't disagree

Why Stephen A. is backing the Pelicans

I've been waiting for the moment that Zion leads his team to the promised land . Or even somewhere near it . He needs to be fired up and fire his team mates up as well. He is an extraordinary raw talent that needs to be refined,

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Shannon Sharpe is bullish on the Lakers,

• Wow

Steve Williams

• Wow

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I love his power. And he's not really a tall player but he can score over bigger guys in the paint. It is said that he lost 25 pounds coming into this season and all he needs now is a mamba mindset.

Steve Williams

I love his power. And he's not really a tall player but he can score over bigger guys in the paint. It is said that he lost 25 pounds coming into this season and all he needs now is a mamba mindset.
A mamba mindset and another 25 pounds. I’ve said before that he looks like something that fell out of Jokic’ ear ….. sort of a Shrek hunk of ear wax :rolleyes:

• Haha

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing