New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

STEPH CURRY 'COMMITTED' TO FUTURE WITH WARRIORS

I sure hope this works out. One of the best and certainly one of the kindest players in the league....

Warriors were my team in the Lakers lean years. Steph gave me something to identify with. Im still shaking my head about Klay this year

Steph clearly remains the face of the Warriors

Admirable player.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Always a morning chuckle that I send Phil's way......

The King on his way to pressing off court duties. Nice car BTW. Is he a billionaire yet

Further investigation found this.......

Yahoo Sports

LeBron James unexpectedly spotted on highway, shows off limited-production convertible's power​

Cassandra Negley
Cassandra Negley

·Writer
Mon, December 7, 2020, 10:54 AM PST

It’s not every day you’re driving the highways in Los Angeles and come across LeBron James.
Combine that with a black mask and it’s all very 2020.
A self-described car enthusiast named Alex caught James, named a Sports Illustrated Sportsperson of the Year for a record third time, driving down the 405 in Los Angeles. The Los Angeles Lakers superstar pulls up and then speeds by.

Interestingly, no one in Alex’s vehicle says anything at all. No yelling out the window, no speaking on the video, just laughs when James shows what the convertible is capable of doing.
James is in a black Porsche 918 Spyder convertible, a limited-production plug-in hybrid sports car. It started production in 2013 at $845,000 and ceased in 2015. Motor Trend independently tested the motor and got it from 0-60 mph in a record 2.4 seconds, the fastest of any vehicle it had tested at its regular California Speedway track.
The four-time NBA champion signed a two-year, $85 million contract extension with the Lakers last week. Teams have begun training camps and are scheduled to play their first preseason games this upcoming weekend.

gotta love $85M spread over 2 years

Reactions: MikeHorns

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Love how Kyrie endears himself on media day.....nothing changes

Stephen A. blasts Kyrie Irving after Media Day snub

Stephen A always tells it how it is
After that shot that gave him his only ring, he wanted to be traded. Got traded. Told the Garden fans he wanted to be there for long. Then suddenly lost his patience with the young Celtics. Called Lebron to apologize for nothing he had done. Bolted out before the buzzer sounded in a celtics elimination game. Got to recruit KD to join him a a year where them 2 were injured. So if they get to win a title together, I gotta hand it to KD for winning despite Kyrie. :D

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
After that shot that gave him his only ring, he wanted to be traded. Got traded. Told the Garden fans he wanted to be there for long. Then suddenly lost his patience with the young Celtics. Called Lebron to apologize for nothing he had done. Bolted out before the buzzer sounded in a celtics elimination game. Got to recruit KD to join him a a year where them 2 were injured. So if they get to win a title together, I gotta hand it to KD for winning despite Kyrie. :D
Frankly, I think the dude is bipolar.

Reactions: christoph and jadis

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
so they are shopping Harden after getting Wall for Westbrook . This will be interesting to see a Rocket blow up and Harden somewhere where he can chase a ring. Frankly I don't think that is ever going to happen with either him or Westbrook

James Harden trades: Teams that can make real offers

I read Harden has no say in where he gets traded as his contract has no such clause. I'd say trade him to Washington for Bradley Beals so he can reunite with Westbrook. :p

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles

I sure hope this works out. One of the best and certainly one of the kindest players in the league....

Warriors were my team in the Lakers lean years. Steph gave me something to identify with. Im still shaking my head about Klay this year

Now there is a stand-up guy that deserves to be a 'lifer' with one team and he voiced out his desire to retire as a Warrior. But not the phony-baloney PG13 who always says the right thing on every team he's with(Indy, OKC, and now Clippers). "I want to retire as a Clipper", what a joke!

Last edited:

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson

I guess that classifies you as a front runner fan. ;)

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
A beginner's guide for getting traded.

The NBA required players to test negative for the coronavirus for three consecutive days before entering team facilities for individual workouts before training camp. Players were also required to quarantine aside from testing and workouts at the team facility and essential activities such as grocery shopping.

"However, Harden opted to work out on his own at the University of Houston, and attended rapper Lil Baby's birthday party in Atlanta over the weekend, and then spent a few nights in Las Vegas. Harden did not wear a face mask at the birthday party or in Las Vegas nightclubs, social events that violated the league's COVID-19 protocols."

• Wow
Reactions: christoph

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
James Harden would be willing to play with 76ers according to Michael Wilbon (PTI). The problem is Houston wants a real trade. They are not going to klet Harden out the door for nothing no matter how much he pouts.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
James Harden would be willing to play with 76ers according to Michael Wilbon (PTI). The problem is Houston wants a real trade. They are not going to klet Harden out the door for nothing no matter how much he pouts.
That would be a great team for Doc

• Haha

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Agree, Houston would want a ton of assets for Harden. But who has more assets present and future than Danny Ainge? :D Kemba suddenly developed an arthritis problem in the 2nd half of last season (1st half he was an all-star, kinda like Kyrie), so Harden can 'fill in' the gap. :D He has been so much maligned in the press that I shunned the idea of him wearing a Green jersey but come to think of it, we gives 100% of his energy to offense, and of late, has impressed even his old coach with his defense. :D So I'm ok with Danny giving the Rockets 4 rookies picks from last month's draft, and 3 sophomores from last season. And the logical flow is Kemba is included. :)

• Wow

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
A lot of attention for a player with no championship pedigree.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Dec 21 is the key date. If Giannis does not sign his supermax contract, then it means he's about to wear the infamous Looney Tunes' 'That's All Folks' T-shirt. in Milwaukee. :D

Giannis Antetokounmpo 'Not Focused' on Bucks Supermax Contract Extension​

Rob Goldberg

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
A lot of attention for a player with no championship pedigree.
Well, I can even add Giannis to that group. 2 time MVP, DPOY, top leader in league scoring, 7 years in the league, no title. Seeking for a 'recruiter' maybe. :D But he has a chance this season.

Last edited:
  • Haha

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Serge Ibaka is a good add (but I didn't like him when he was with OKC)
It's the opposite for me.
I always liked Ibaka and especially with OKC

Reactions: WLVCA and jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
It's the opposite for me.
I always liked Ibaka and especially with OKC
I like Ibaka specially when Marc Gasol arrived in Toronto and he was relegated to the bench and had much lesser playing time. But when Gasol was injured, he played with great enthusiasm which was the reverse of Ray Allen who sulked and even bolted out after being used as a bench player.

Last edited:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
While not a fan anymore of Kyrie, he spoke his mind and facts support him, unlike the flat earth. :D

If I were Kyrie, I'd even add - if he's that great, why did he come to me in Cleveland? :D

LeBron James reacts to Kyrie Irving's clutch comment: 'It kinda hurt me a little bit'​

Chris Cwik
Chris Cwik

Tue, December 8, 2020, 11:30 PM GMT+8·3 min read

Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James knows a jab when he sees one. So, when Kyrie Irving implied Kevin Durant was the first clutch shooter Irving ever played with, James couldn’t help but feel hurt.

Poor Baby :rolleyes:
He wants his respect AND TLC :p

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Let the Harden to Boston rumors begin. :D

This one ships out Jaylen and Brown and 2 first rounders for the Beard. Maybe Brown and 3 picks, retaining Smart. Someone needs to be angry at the locker room. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing