Manila, Philippines
  • Haha
Reactions: MikeHorns

MikeHorns

Jul 6, 2014
Los Angeles
The rivalry is intense. :eek:

NBC Sports

Audio: Jerry West allegedly talks recruiting Kawhi Leonard to Clippers, not ‘s***-show’ Lakers​

Dan Feldman
Sat, December 19, 2020, 2:15 AM GMT+8·2 min read

There is definitely bad blood between West and the Buss kids. Neither Jim nor Jeanie sought his service/expertise even when the Lakers franchise and reputation was in the dumpster. Jeanie had opportunities to bring back The Logo before and after the Magic hire, but she didn't. That tells you something.

They also got rid of his boy who works in the organization for many years and was supposed to be the GM-in-waiting.

Last edited:

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Jerry West wasn't all wrong about the Lakers at that point.

They had treated him badly, basically showed him the door and then did the same to his son.

Recent history showed the Buss family in disarray, Magic Johnson screwed the pooch and walked out.....

If LeBron hadn't shown up and brought Anthony Davis along for the ride.....well, it isn't wrong to say LeBron saved the Lakers from themselves.

LBJ should get all (99.9% anyway) of the credit for the championship. He deserves a statue in Star Plaza at Staples

Reactions: MikeHorns

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I did answer it Bob.

Ive been a Lakers fan for 40 years. The :Lakers would never have won a championship with only him and Jeanie and Rob took the bait, sold the farm and the rest is history. If it were your Bulls, WLCVA's Clipps or Phil's Celtics, I would say that if the shoe were on the other foot, you would be conflicted just like me but at the end of the day it is what it is. Seems you too need to adjust what the league is in. present day. I am betting that if the Clipps win next year none of you will be saying that Ballmer paid almost $400,000 for his two main men which is way more than what the Lakers paid to get LBJ and AD. They have no high pick draft choices for many years and I must admit that I give Lakers mgt credit for signing a bunch of very good role players as I feel their bench is much deeper than last year

Hate is a very powerful word, Bob, that I don't use often. So if you ask me if I feel hate or elation......DUH!!!

Was there a point you were making Bob

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I did answer it Bob.

Ive been a Lakers fan for 40 years. The :Lakers would never have won a championship with only him and Jeanie and Rob took the bait, sold the farm and the rest is history. If it were your Bulls, WLCVA's Clipps or Phil's Celtics, I would say that if the shoe were on the other foot, you would be conflicted just like me but at the end of the day it is what it is. Seems you too need to adjust what the league is in. present day. I am betting that if the Clipps win next year none of you will be saying that Ballmer paid almost $400,000 for his two main men which is way more than what the Lakers paid to get LBJ and AD. They have no high pick draft choices for many years and I must admit that I give Lakers mgt credit for signing a bunch of very good role players as I feel their bench is much deeper than last year

Hate is a very powerful word, Bob, that I don't use often. So if you ask me if I feel hate or elation......DUH!!!

Was there a point you were making Bob
Hey Steve, I didn't use 'hate' anywhere. My ? was simply whether you felt as much emotional enagagement with this Laker team vs some of the past 'homegrown' championship teams.

In a sense, I'm wondering that about myself should the Bulls ever go that route

Steve Williams

Hey Steve, I didn't use 'hate' anywhere. My ? was simply whether you felt as much emotional enagagement with this Laker team vs some of the past 'homegrown' championship teams.

In a sense, I'm wondering that about myself should the Bulls ever go that route
I feel close to every Lakers team. So as Kobe used to say that he bled pure and gold blood, I feel the same. I get depressed when they lose and feel elated when they win. I feel myself to be a true fan although in their lean years I did look to the GSW as my local team for whom I would cheer.

It's taken the Lakers well over 10 years to right the ship and FWIW it did come from the signing of LBJ, the trading of their young hopefuls and several coaching changes. Right now Vogel has the command and respect of the team and they are all playing as good or better than what they did under the bubble

To answer your question however my favorite era of the Lakers was the Kareem, Johnson, Worthy , Wilkes, Cooper and Nixon along with Chick Hearn as the radio and TV broadcaster. Those were all golden years. The Shaq, Kobe era was excellent but IMO not as great as the above mentioned. The matchups between Bird and Magic are etched in my memory forever but TBH so was this past Larry O'Brien which they won under the bubble. Frankly I was convinced the Clipps were the team to beat. They are a greta team but this year's teams in the west are all solid contenders

Let the tip off begin on Tuesday and as always "let the best team win". For me I just love the game

Reactions: rblnr

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Hard to argue with.
the one big unknown short of what and how injuries can affect a season is that we still are in the middle of a pandemic. Hopefully the league will be vaccinated sooner than later

Steve Williams

Reactions: christoph

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Those are all absurd numbers.
Sounds like monopoly money

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing