New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I think the loss of Harrell is huge for the Clippers.
I would have said the same about Harrell and Lou Williams before the bubble. Wasn't very happy about the way they conducted themselves during "bubble time." Their play was definitely subpar.

Harrell was going to be a free agent regardless and Lou still has time left on his contract.

That said, they both performed well for the Clippers in the past so I have mixed feelings about them.

Reactions: christoph
Houston, I am leaving. :)
'Looks like he's really a buddy to KD. :D

2134452/james-harden-all-star-guard-rejects-houston-rockets-contract-extension-seeks-brooklyn-nets-trade
IMO "IF" that trade were to ever come about I have to wonder all of the "what if's......if they could ever play together as a trio they would have a killer team. Problem is we have a flat earther and 2 superstars each trying to be the team leader. It didn't work in OKC when the Thunder had the best trio in basketball until it fell apart. I'm not so certain it would be a marriage made in heaven

Reactions: christoph and jadis
IMO "IF" that trade were to ever come about I have to wonder all of the "what if's......if they could ever play together as a trio they would have a killer team. Problem is we have a flat earther and 2 superstars each trying to be the team leader. It didn't work in OKC when the Thunder had the best trio in basketball until it fell apart. I'm not so certain it would be a marriage made in heaven
That would really be something to watch. And to add, their coaching staff is fully loaded too with some known names.

"The Brooklyn Nets announced today the hiring of Mike D’Antoni and Ime Udoka as assistant coaches and Amar’e Stoudemire as a player development assistant. They join assistant coach Jacque Vaughn, assistant coach/director of player development Adam Harrington, assistant coach Jordan Ott, assistant coach/player development Tiago Splitter and player development coordinator Ryan Forehan-Kelly on Head Coach Steve Nash’s staff."

Why the Brooklyn Nets should consider a trade for James Harden​

It might just work out for them if KD becomes the leader. He will be on top of the situation as to who will do the ball-hogging - Kyrie or Harden. Harden can just be the catch and shoot guy.

• Wow
Why Phil?????

This could be what the Celts need and what Harden needs. Plus a better coach and a better group of players. Never say never
Well Steve, I can't see how Harden will not hog the ball and play iso and step back and how that fits into Brads rotate the ball system is something to be seen to believe. And C's might have to give up Brown and Smart and picks. But, if Ainge can convince Hayward for a sign and trade, that would even out a bit on the salaries and maybe some picks thrown in. Then we shall see what we shall see. Good luck to the C's. Kyrie and Hayward didn't pan out well. So try another deal.

Well Steve, I can't see how Harden will not hog the ball and play iso and step back and how that fits into Brads rotate the ball system is something to be seen to believe. And C's might have to give up Brown and Smart and picks. But, if Ainge can convince Hayward for a sign and trade, that would even out a bit on the salaries and maybe some picks thrown in. Then we shall see what we shall see. Good luck to the C's. Kyrie and Hayward didn't pan out well. So try another deal.
Ainge is a pretty smart GM and he almost certainly has talked to Brad and ownership and perhaps some key players

In my opinion, Harden won't win a championship unless he is willing to play second fiddle to a "real" leader like LeBron, Steph, or even Doncic. If you look into past history, all championship teams had excellent leaders. I consider Chris Paul a true leader, but Harden wants too much control over the team and missed his chance.

In my opinion, Harden won't win a championship unless he is willing to play second fiddle to a "real" leader like LeBron, Steph, or even Doncic. If you look into past history, all championship teams had excellent leaders. I consider Chris Paul a true leader, but Harden wants too much control over the team and missed his chance.
If and when he gets shipped to Brooklyn which is his choice, he will likely be listening to KD who should be like a big brother to him, and to all the Nets. I saw KD leading the Warriors in the locker room alley on his last game, and it was quite clear to me the Warriors look up to him as their leader. That's how Harden can win his ring, be a number 2, like AD.

If and when he gets shipped to Brooklyn which is his choice, he will likely be listening to KD who should be like a big brother to him, and to all the Nets. I saw KD leading the Warriors in the locker room alley on his last game, and it was quite clear to me the Warriors look up to him as their leader. That's how Harden can win his ring, be a number 2, like AD.
KD may try to be a verbal leader(too outspoken sometimes) but I don't consider him a true team leader.

1. He mostly plays off the ball(Westbrook, Steph), and will again with Kyrie.
2. His actions leading to leaving Warriors(claimed he was never accepted) left a bad taste to GS players and management.
3. Same as #2, ask OKC.

Most players are followers and not leaders. Just because you are the best player on the team doesn't mean you can lead a team. And you are right, AD is a prime example.

I’ve said here many times that Harden and CP3 seem destined to not win a ring. probably Westbrook as well. Harden would need to be 2nd fiddle to KD That’s why KD left Warriors

It might just work out for them if KD becomes the leader. He will be on top of the situation as to who will do the ball-hogging - Kyrie or Harden. Harden can just be the catch and shoot guy.
I doubt that will work out... :rolleyes:
...unfortunately for KD :(

Reactions: jadis
I'm also doubtful that this would be a good move for the C's :rolleyes:

Reactions: jadis
Now there is news that Kyrie doesn't like Harden with the Nets. Even before it is done. :D Maybe Kyrie will demand a trade, again. :D

At this point the Celtics must be happy to get even a bench warmer from the Hawks. Hayward could very well decline his player's option and the C's get nothing. Just like Horford and Irving.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing