New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Surprising to hear Houston Rockets. Mike D'Antoni and Defense in one sentence. But that was what the Rockets did. Tap and anticipate the passes, and who would have believed that a 6'5 Tucker is guarding 6111 Anthony Davis and even bothering his shots at times. The tallest player of the Rockets playing is 6'7 Covington but the small guys are tough as nails without any fats visible - Tucker, Gordon, and yes, Westbrook, who as usual is a wild one.

Reactions: christoph
I also noticed that the Rockets virtually has no deep bench to speak of, if at all. They don't even have a 6th man. :D

Lakers should go old school - feed the ball to their big guys on the low post.

When you have three 7 foot players (or nearly so) and the other team has none of any consequence don't you take advantage of that situation?

The Rockets seem to play defense by anticipation. They either tap to intercept or strip to prevent a shot by the bigs because they know they are small and that is the best way to defend those with a 5 inch height advantage. And their transition game is excellent, once they get a loose ball, steal or rebound, they are on their tracks, and they have 3 snipers out there positioned and waiting for the ball if there is no penetration from Harden or Westbrook. I wonder if coach Thibs was lurking behind that Rockets bench, as we all know it cannot be D'Antoni calling the defense. :D

Reviewing the contract of Giannis, he is still a Buck till the end of next year, 2021. I wonder what all this talk of him moving after this season is all about.

Interesting result. Harrell 1st, Williams 3rd. Well deserved.
I just found out that Harrell and Lou Williams came to the Clippers from the Rockets in the CP3 trade as part of a 8 players for 1 CP3 deal. Wow. :eek: Beverley was also in that package.

Was't Lou a Laker not too long ago?

Was't Lou a Laker not too long ago?
Yes Jack, for 2 seasons prior to joining the Rockets, then the Clippers. He was drafted by Philly, the shipped to Toronto, then to Atlanta which is why he is connected to the chicken wing place with his name, and of course, the infamous lap dancer. :D

Reviewing the contract of Giannis, he is still a Buck till the end of next year, 2021. I wonder what all this talk of him moving after this season is all about.
The talk was always about after next season. In the article I posted it said his contract expires after next season

Reactions: christoph and jadis
The talk was always about after next season. In the article I posted it said his contract expires after next season
I missed that next season part then, my bad. But he Giannis and the Bucks don't win it all this season then next season must be hard for Giannis. Bucks might want to know his intentions or lose him to free agency. But then again, players like Kyrie and Durant walked.

Today is big for games because if Celtics let the Raptors back in it, then it becomes a best 2 out of 3 and anything is possible . I still am shaking my head that Celtics blew that game on the last play as I fear Toronto will use that as their inspiration . If Raptors win the Celts have only themselves to blame for the game 3 loss

Today is big for games because if Celtics let the Raptors back in it, then it becomes a best 2 out of 3 and anything is possible . I still am shaking my head that Celtics blew that game on the last play as I fear Toronto will use that as their inspiration . If Raptors win the Celts have only themselves to blame for the game 3 loss
Definitely it will be a big game, Steve, though the C's will be underdogs again in the betting lines, for 4 straight games. Toronto has always been a team of 'destiny' as the fans called it last year, and we shall see. They had a chance to actually tie the game at Game 2's end but Van Vleet missed the 3. And we'll see if the C's manage to use the emerging brilliance of having Kemba be their leader to guide the 2 young wings. Nobody gave the C's a chance to win this series so it's actually a pleasant surprise to see them up 2-1 instead of the other way around. Game 4 is about who is hungrier. The Raptors have experience on their side.

The looming question is whether the Bucks will be swept and the Rockets take out the Lakers. This could pave the way for an exciting finals between the Clipps and either Heat, Celtics or Raptors.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing