New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reports say the Clippers will be trading Austin Rivers to the Wizards for Gortat.

In a couple of days Cleveland will know if James will opt in or out. Cleveland is a top 2 favorite bet for James' choice and reports are saying it's going to be a 1+1 contract if he stays there.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Reports say the Clippers will be trading Austin Rivers to the Wizards for Gortat.

In a couple of days Cleveland will know if James will opt in or out. Cleveland is a top 2 favorite bet for James' choice and reports are saying it's going to be a 1+1 contract if he stays there.

Does this mean DAJ is leaving LAC?

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers drafted two guards so had a logjam at that position and traded Austin Rivers. Even at that still too many guards on the team.

D'Andre hasn't declared yet on his option but conjecture is the Clippers want him to opt in and and then trade him to get something back in return. Gortat is a short term solution at center.

So, a total rebuild in underway for LAC.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
As LeBron James remains hesitant to be the first superstar to decide on the Los Angeles Lakers in free agency, pressure is mounting for the Lakers front office to execute a trade with the San Antonio Spurs to acquire disgruntled All-NBA forward Kawhi Leonard, league sources told ESPN.

There's a race to secure Leonard before James is faced with deciding whether to become a free agent on Friday, especially with concern that Oklahoma City's Paul George is no longer assured of signing with the Lakers, league sources said.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...hesitant-to-be-first-nba-star-to-join-lakers/

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And here comes Ainge knocking on the Spurs door.

BOSTON (CBS) — The Celtics have reportedly made another offer for Kawhi Leonard.

According to a new report by ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski, Ramona Shelburne and Brian Windhorst, Boston has sent another trade offer to the San Antonio Spurs for their disgruntled superstar. It’s unclear what was offered, or if the offer is the same one Danny Ainge threw against the wall back at the February trade deadline. Maybe given Leonard’s demands to leave San Antonio, Ainge just called to check in on things and revisit his old offer.

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/06/27/celtics-trade-offer-kawhi-leonard-nba-rumors/

I'm holding my breathto see if this pushes through, as to who Ainge will give up, must be another 6 or 7-player package. Brown should be there, and perhaps Smart on a sign and trade.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Don't look now Stevie......looks like you might be saying farewell to your Lakers card!

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Don't look now Stevie......looks like you might be saying farewell to your Lakers card!

and Magic has offered the Spurs a Godfather deal for Leonard where it seems he is going to part with all of the young talented players Lakers have been grooming

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
So Kawhi and PG in Purple and Gold. They would have been together in Blue and Gold had Larry Legend not traded Kawhi for cough cough George Hill!

Stifling perimeter D for sure, a left AND a righty, but who'll be left around them?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
So Kawhi and PG in Purple and Gold. They would have been together in Blue and Gold had Larry Legend not traded Kawhi for cough cough George Hill!

Stifling perimeter D for sure, a left AND a righty, but who'll be left around them?

Well Jack, I just saw a video report by a 'cap expert' on how the Lakers can land James, Leonard, and George. As he did a 'mock trade' scenario, he started to erase the names of the Lakers in the current roster to match each of the big name FAs. And guess what, by the time all three names were put in, they were the ONLY names left in the roster to match the salary cap of LA. And the guy went on to say that it's no surprise and is very doable bec the Heat did it with its Big 3 and filled up the roster by signing minimum salary veterans. Interesting theory.

[video]http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=23931097[/video]

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

I personally hope the C's do not make the trade for Kawhi as the Spurs are asking for a whole darned lot to release Leonard, like Tatum as a shock proposal. It would be a pain too to see Brown released as he has a very friendly contract for the next 3 seasons while Kawhi is on a 1 yr rental plus his mysterious quad case and no show no talk approach. What for?

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I've heard Brandon Ingram is part of the deal and IMO he's one of the best players on the team. He has a personality like Kawhi so ........

Exactly Steve, and I heard too that Spurs want Ingram PLUS Kuzma.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I totally agree

I love Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma. I don't care about Ball. He is over rated and under performs

Didn't really see him play, can you elaborate on Ball?

It's advantageous for the Lakers or anybody to get Lebron before he has to opt in which is midnight tonight. We'll see..

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Didn't really see him play, can you elaborate on Ball?

Rarely through the year did he demonstrate flashes of greatness but few and far between whereas Kuzma and Ingram have true talent

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing