New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Steve,

I think what you saw last night was Lebron burn out. The guy is just too big, too strong and too muscular to endure the caloric expenditures for a season this long especially when he is playing so much. This is why he had lost muscle weight because his trainers understood why he was continually burning out towards the end of the playoffs. Last night was a perfect example that his body mass is still a factor.

Magic Johnson should take note of these observations. I've been a Lakers fan my entire life through good times and bad. I just can't ever see LeBron as a Laker. Jerry Buss might roll over in his grave. I can never identify LeBron as a Laker. They have several young kids now who show great potential. Develop the team but don't try to buy a championship with LeBron who is in the twilight of his career.

As an aside I always associated Kobe with Sprite and their commercials. Well to make matters worse it seems LeBron has become the spokesman for Sprite. He fancies himself an actor but honestly he comes across as a hopeless wannabe in those commercials

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Magic Johnson should take note of these observations. I've been a Lakers fan my entire life through good times and bad. I just can't ever see LeBron as a Laker. Jerry Buss might roll over in his grave. I can never identify LeBron as a Laker. They have several young kids now who show great potential. Develop the team but don't try to buy a championship with LeBron who is in the twilight of his career.

As an aside I always associated Kobe with Sprite and their commercials. Well to make matters worse it seems LeBron has become the spokesman for Sprite. He fancies himself an actor but honestly he comes across as a hopeless wannabe in those commercials

To be honest, I am no Lebron fan either. However I do recognize his uncanny talent made even better in todays game of the 3, with spread out offense, no defense leaving this amazing physical specimen able to dominate the middle.

In the "old days" the created rules to eliminate the domination of the game by unique players, such as Wilt in the pros and Kareem in college, whereas today they create rules to enhance the domination of players with unique talents.

Lebron is not a bad guy and does good for the community BUT he doesn't have the same savvy of a Magic, Kobe or MJ selling himself

On The Herd today, Cowherd who is the ultimate Lebron worshipper making all kinds of excuses, etc. was talking about why most of the games in the NBA are blowouts determined in the 1st quarter. His "belief" is they are rich and spoiled and have nothing to play for. My "belief" is the 3 point game.

Of course the never ending comparison by Cowherd to MJ and why Lebron is better just continues. Interestingly he always claims Lebron has never had the "teammates MJ did" to which I can only respond this guy must be high. He even had the audacity to use Luke Longley as an example of a "great contributor". I have to laugh. Truth is the best player MJ every had, was Scottie who was nothing before MJ and nothing without him. MJ made everyone better whereas Lebron who has had some amazing talent with him on the court makes the rest worse.

Once again I digress

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Lebron is not a bad guy and does good for the community BUT he doesn't have the same savvy of a Magic, Kobe or MJ selling himself

That's the best one line summation I've ever read about LeBron. Being heavily biased against LeBron since the conference rivalry with the Celtics in the Paul Pierce/KG era, I have told many friends here that I have no doubt about his great playing abilities and physical prowess. But his antics, on court and off court, are the ones that get people turned off. I recently stumbled into a segment of FS1 Undisputed where Michael Rapaport was the guest, and he said the same things about LeBron, only in a very funny way , right in front of another Lebron worshiper Shannon Sharpe. I had to watch it twice as I was getting a good laugh.

Steve Williams

Not sure I entirely agree.He definitely doesn't have the savvy but he's street smart and will almost certainly become sports first billionaire

Have you seen him in the Sprite commercials? He has 2 word lines and still comes across as an idiot.

isn't he the Executive Producer of The Wall on TV?

Steve Williams

That's the best one line summation I've ever read about LeBron. Being heavily biased against LeBron since the conference rivalry with the Celtics in the Paul Pierce/KG era, I have told many friends here that I have no doubt about his great playing abilities and physical prowess. But his antics, on court and off court, are the ones that get people turned off. I recently stumbled into a segment of FS1 Undisputed where Michael Rapaport was the guest, and he said the same things about LeBron, only in a very funny way , right in front of another Lebron worshiper Shannon Sharpe. I had to watch it twice as I was getting a good laugh.

Phil

one of my first memories of landing in Manila when I came to visit you guys was the drive from the airport to Jack's house. Forgetting the traffic :), the number of huge banner signs and billboards of LeBron advertising one thing or another was what caught my attention

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I don't think Danny Ainge would trade Brad Stevens for a 1st round draft pick like he did for Doc Rivers. But I would do that deal if it was available! ;)

Not while there are poster signs at the Garden that reads: "In Danny We Trust". :D

While I know that Ainge was one of the most hated by the non-Celtics fans in his playing days, I have to give him a star for his consideration in letting Doc out of his multi-year contract and move to a title contending team like the Clippers in those times. And how as VP of BO, he gives support to his players is amazing as in the last game, he sat just below the basket and was complaining about a no-call on a Celtic player's last lay-up - just like an ordinary fan. I mean I've seen Larry Bird many times 3 rows behind courtside with his poker-faced look, even when the Pacers were winning. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Phil

one of my first memories of landing in Manila when I came to visit you guys was the drive from the airport to Jack's house. Forgetting the traffic :), the number of huge banner signs and billboards of LeBron advertising one thing or another was what caught my attention

Really Steve? I'm so biased I think my eyes and mind automatically shuts off any LeBron stuff anywhere. LOL

Well, he is really popular here in the Philippines, specially in those days when he was a Heat, as their coach has Filipino roots.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Not sure I entirely agree.He definitely doesn't have the savvy but he's street smart and will almost certainly become sports first billionaire

Have you seen him in the Sprite commercials? He has 2 word lines and still comes across as an idiot.

isn't he the Executive Producer of The Wall on TV?

Two different things. No doubt he will. By the way MJ and Roger Staubach are already billionaires. Staubach made his in real estate.

The difference is EVERYONE loved MJ and Magic. Lebron doesn’t have the same appeal BUT he will certainly capitalize on the times we live in and he is well grounded and surrounds himself with smart people and is no dope and has learned what it takes and will certainly be very successful off the court.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL

Colin Cowherd drives me crazy. He adores Lebron. It’s disgusting actually at how he praises every thing Lebron. It’s a real love fest and pretty sickening.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Rockets take a 3-2 lead. Eric Gordon came up big.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Chris Paul looks like he had a ham string injury at the end of the game. He could barely walk.
Yes Steve, it's hamstring. He was clutching that area. No new details yet for updates but some reports are saying that he had a sore hamstring as early as Thursday and this was an aggravation of that injury. His status for Game 6 is unknown.

Last edited:

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Bad news for Chris Paul and the Rockets.

CP3 is definitely out for game 6 with the hamstring injury.

Unfortunately he seems to get injured in the playoffs almost every year. I lived it with the Clippers.

Steve Williams

Unfortunately he seems to get injured in the playoffs almost every year. I lived it with the Clippers.

Im betting this is a serious injury and if the beat the Warriors I'm betting he won't be playing any time soon

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Tough news for the Rockets. Injuries are the killers but yeah, they're part of the game. Gotta always have the next man up mentality. And hamstring injuries usually have no timetable, could be short of long depending on each player. Rubio never got back to play another game in the playoffs.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Yeah Steve, C's don't play well on the road, and on the other hand Cleveland plays very well at home. Shaq already predicted a Cavs win in 7, twice he said that.

And hopefully the Warriors can comeback from the series or Cleveland will meet the Rockets without CP3.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing