New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I saw CP3 guarding KD on a couple of possessions and hanging tough and event trash talking to KD, despite the big height disadvantage.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I saw CP3 guarding KD on a couple of possessions and hanging tough and event trash talking to KD, despite the big height disadvantage.

Chris Paul is tough. I never saw him back down from anyone, no matter how big they were

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Harden and the Rockets had their moment but in the end it was just a better GSW team with KD and Klay at their best which took the crowd right out of the game and home court advantage

119-106

Houston has to play perfect and Warriors have to play just "average" for Houston to win. Anything else, as you saw tonight, despite how good Harden was they can't win. Harden is going to burn out

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Houston has to play perfect and Warriors have to play just "average" for Houston to win. Anything else, as you saw tonight, despite how good Harden was they can't win. Harden is going to burn out

Like LBJ did last year.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Harden scored 40 and Durant hit 38. Harden worked very hard for those points while it seems Durant just dribbles a little and shoot over anyone the Rockets throw at him. Both teams shoots a lot of threes and some were tight ones. That is the nature of these two teams.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Tim MacMahon
ESPN Staff Writer

Mike D'Antoni on James Harden: "I'm just gonna go tell him that he needs to get 55 next time."

I guess basketball is all about putting the ball in the hoop. :)

Last edited:

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Harden scored 40 and Durant hit 38. Harden worked very hard for those points while it seems Durant just dribbles a little and shoot over anyone the Rockets throw at him. Both teams shoots a lot of threes and some were tight ones. That is the nature of these two teams.

Exactly the point. Look how much energy Harden has to expend to get his 40 versus Durant to get his 38.

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
Tim MacMahon
ESPN Staff Writer

Mike D'Antoni on James Harden: "I'm just gonna go tell him that he needs to get 55 next time."

I guess basketball is all about putting the ball in the hoop. :)

Also, statistically, the Warriors have 3 huge scorers and 2-5 potential big scorers that need to be shut down whereas the Rockets have really just one in Harden no matter how good CP3 is, he doesn't posses that amazing streak shooting capability of Harden, Durant, Curry and Thompson. Stats are against the Rockets.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Good win by the C's. Team effort despite a monster game from James. Hope we can win a couple more. :)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Looking at how poised the Celts have been in the first 2 games there is no doubt in my mind that they can at least keep up with either GSW or the Rockets but not win.With a healthy Kyrie however not so sure I would be betting on the West to win

Priaptor

Member Sponsor
Jan 28, 2012
FL
A very exciting gane 2 in Boston. Celts dig back from a big deficit and now lead 74-71

The Celtics are proving to be the biggest story of these playoffs, no doubt. Is Lebron worried? I doubt it but he should be. I don't know if you watch The Herd. He is as big a Lebron fan as I was an MJ fan. Lebron can do nothing wrong in his mind. This morning I had to listen to him put down Harden, claiming Harden is just another Westbrook. I get where he was coming from BUT let's see if he criticizes Lebron for tonights performance for the very same reason as he did Harden's the night before.

This series is obviously getting very interesting and not the way I had thought it would go.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I'm sure the Celtics are taking it one game at a time. 3 days rest till the road game. Celtics need at least 1 to make them look really good. Got to tip my hat to Al. When he arrived he just took pop shots and nothing else. Today, fans are saying he's worth every penny of his contract. He scored those critical 5 points when the lead was cut to 6. And I've never seen him lunge forward to catch the ball which was coming a bit short till that same sequence of play. And Brown and Rozier, they can fly, REALLY. :)

Last edited:

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
While I think that Tatum just might make Hayward redundant, my personal break out star on the Cs is Rozier. He is ably filling some very big shoes. Go young man, GO!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
One hour before Game 2 between the C's and the Cavs, the lottery order was held, and the Suns bagged the No.1 pick, rumored to be either big man Ayton or 19 yr old Euro sensation Doncic. The C's had an ultra slim chance of having a top tier pick but it went to the Sixers (another to process) at No.10 :D The Clippers will get 2 picks at 12 and 13th spot, while the prized Nets pick given to the Cavs in the Kyrie deal landed at the 8th spot.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
While I think that Tatum just might make Hayward redundant, my personal break out star on the Cs is Rozier. He is ably filling some very big shoes. Go young man, GO!

Well, Jack, these are the events in the NBA that happen by coincidence, and it's not the first time in the C's history than an injured star gave rise to a bench player. In the KG era, Ray Allen was injured and Avery Bradley filled in so well such that when Allen was cleared to play, Avery was still given the starting job by Doc. Scary Terry Rozier is making a name for himself, and in the Bucks and Philly series, I saw Danny Ainge all pumped up at the sideline revving up Rozier at the end of the games after his good performances in those games - like I can just hear Danny telling him 'that's why I drafted you at 16th when all the experts were wondering who you were'. The breakaway dunk of Rozier with an eager blocker LeBron behind him has got to be a poster that I would want to buy someday. :)

As for Tatum, he is already doing numbers that surpass that of the career ppg of Hayward, an incredible feat as he also broke Larry Bird's rookie playoff run of 20+ points by 3 games at 8 consecutive games.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Celtics are proving to be the biggest story of these playoffs, no doubt. Is Lebron worried? I doubt it but he should be. I don't know if you watch The Herd. He is as big a Lebron fan as I was an MJ fan. Lebron can do nothing wrong in his mind. This morning I had to listen to him put down Harden, claiming Harden is just another Westbrook. I get where he was coming from BUT let's see if he criticizes Lebron for tonights performance for the very same reason as he did Harden's the night before.

This series is obviously getting very interesting and not the way I had thought it would go.

I have seen bits of The Herd but somehow I cannot last long listening to Colin talk. The one I watch a lot is Shannon Sharpe, another big LeBron fan and defender to the end. I can even hear him now saying LeBron is not worried after 2 losses. :)

Being a Celtics fan, I had some 'good' gut feel about the first 2 games at home but I didn't want to jinx them. :) They are not that good on the road, with 3 losses to the Bucks, so I just hope they pick up a road win in either games 3 or 4 and that would be really interesting, just like the Philly series.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
The Celtics looked impressive last night.

JR Smith made an idiotic move when he pushed Al Horford in the air. He should have gotten a flagrant 2 for that.

I watched the draft show hoping the Clippers would get lucky and move up but it was not to be. They stayed at 12 and 13.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing