New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Joel Embiid is a beast. Not only is he an inside presence, he just hit a 27 foot three pointer.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Due to injuries the Clippers are playing a couple of rookies tonight. The game so far looks like Blake Griffin vs Philadelphia.

I do have to say Ben Simmons and Embiid are definitely looking like excellent ball players tonight for Philly

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I enjoy watching the young Lakers play this year. Win or lose they play fun basketball. They defeat Phoenix tonight. Jordan Clarkson off the bench is terrific.

It is a lot of fun to watch young players develop. Glad the Lakers are headed in the right direction.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I am watching the Clippers rookie point guard Jawun Evans out of Oklahoma State.

The young man is the same height and similar build to Chris Paul with the same short-cropped hair.

I've had to do a double take a couple of times thinking I was looking at CP3 out there.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Joel Embiid is a beast. Not only is he an inside presence, he just hit a 27 foot three pointer.

I think he's the reason why Okafor is warming the bench. Sadly.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Steve Ballmer and Jerry West are sitting courtside and they look very unhappy.

Well, watching the Clippers lose their 6th in a row after a fiery start, that is not going to make them and the Clippers fans happy. I am puzzled by the sudden dysfunction, for the lack of a better word, with the Clippers. Is it really the absence of Beverly, or the presence of Austin, or the presence of Doc? Looks like the team is 'saturated' and is not going to a next level.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
I don't root against the Cavs and LeBron because I grew up in Ohio and want to see good things happen for the city of Cleveland. They deserved to win a sports championship and LBJ brought them one.

KD took the easy way out and joined a team that was already good. Couldn't win one with OKC so he abandoned his team and took the easy route to a championship instead of earning it.

Sorry to be the bearer of the bad news, but LBJ is the very first one to move on if he sees a better chance of winning another title. Just look at the dirty shenanigans to get his old pal Wade back in his team :rolleyes:

As long as LBJ cannot be with the Warriors (the highest favorite), he will always stay in the MUCH weaker eastern conference, with that team he sees the best Chance.
With LBJ, it is always about him a not about the team. KD chose to earn LESS money than agreed to help his team to have better possibilities acquiring more good players.
Not the easy way out but the difference in character I would say :rolleyes:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
First time for me to see Frank Ntilikina of the Knicks in action, and this action is shoving LeBron not once but twice (as if to say 'get out of my way', dude). Could become the youngest 'enforcer' in the NBA. :D

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Well, watching the Clippers lose their 6th in a row after a fiery start, that is not going to make them and the Clippers fans happy. I am puzzled by the sudden dysfunction, for the lack of a better word, with the Clippers. Is it really the absence of Beverly, or the presence of Austin, or the presence of Doc? Looks like the team is 'saturated' and is not going to a next level.

Clippers were missing two starters - Beverly and Gallinari plus Teodosic is still out.

They have not looked good of late and that is an understatement. They have lost 8 of their last 9 games.

I wasn't expecting "next level" this year but it seemed to me they could be a competitive 45 - 48 win team.

Not looking like that so far as you noted.

Last night's Clippers goat was D'Andre Jordan. 76ers center Embiid had 32 points and 16 rebounds. DJ countered with 2 points and 5 rebounds so he was humiliated by the younger Joel Embiid.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
FWIW Lakers are 1/2 game ahead the Clippers and 1/2 game behind OKC

I still maintain that Doc is not the coach for that team nor do I agree with his son being on the team. I believe that can change the entire dynamic of a team

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
FWIW Lakers are 1/2 game ahead the Clippers and 1/2 game behind OKC

I still maintain that Doc is not the coach for that team nor do I agree with his son being on the team. I believe that can change the entire dynamic of a team

I can't disagree with you about Austin Rivers. Prefer that he not be on the Clippers. Why deal with the potential for nepotism claims.

Regarding Doc Rivers, he is a guy I have the utmost respect for, especially for the way he led the entire organization during the ugly Donald Sterling departure. Right or wrong, I always give Doc the benefit of the doubt.

He is not the coach for a team trying to develop young players. He would admit that himself I believe and it is the reason he left the Celtics when they decided to rebuild.

The Clippers have 4 rookies, 1 player with 2 years experience and 1 player with 1 year experience. That is 6 players with very little experience.

So.....I would not be surprised to see changes down the road. In my opinion too early in season, and too many injuries thus far, to make that decision at this juncture.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
C's win again and set the stage for the Warriors to end the streak. :D

The C's have been holding down teams to a league leading low of 94 ppg while the Warriors are doing 120 ppg. Hard to bring them to 94, and then we have to score 95. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I can't disagree with you about Austin Rivers. Prefer that he not be on the Clippers. Why deal with the potential for nepotism claims.

Regarding Doc Rivers, he is a guy I have the utmost respect for, especially for the way he led the entire organization during the ugly Donald Sterling departure. Right or wrong, I always give Doc the benefit of the doubt.

He is not the coach for a team trying to develop young players. He would admit that himself I believe and it is the reason he left the Celtics when they decided to rebuild.

The Clippers have 4 rookies, 1 player with 2 years experience and 1 player with 1 year experience. That is 6 players with very little experience.

So.....I would not be surprised to see changes down the road. In my opinion too early in season, and too many injuries thus far, to make that decision at this juncture.

Celtics fans will always love Doc for bring us a banner. I personally hold no bad feelings on him for leaving the C's (that event actually made me see how nice a GM Ainge was to free Doc from his contract). When he took in a few ex-Celtics I was supportive of his moves, but deep inside, I was not too positive on his taking in his son and inking him to an extension worth $30+million over 3 years. I am referring more on the playing quality and impact of Austin, for after all these years, I cannot say to myself that he is a top tier PG. He is mostly inconsistent, specially with his shooting. I still wish Doc well wherever he is.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I totally agree about the issue of nepotism. It changes the team dynamic. Find a new and your coach like Brad or Luke and kick Doc upstairs as GM or VP.

The team has done zero under his guidance

Slow down there big fella! :)

What did Doc ever do to you besides beat the hell out the Lakers since he's been coaching the Clippers?

The Clippers have the third best regular season record in the NBA for the last 5 seasons. That's not nothing.

....and I've made a few nice comments about the Lakers this season.......no more!! ;)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I apologize if I crossed the line but I would love to cheer on the Clipps in the absence of zero years from the Lakers but they have been OK at best . My feeling honestly is that Doc would be better as a GM than coach. i think the entire issue of nepotism is supported by him as he makes the decisions. Its tough as a father but must be even more difficult as a father coach

The Clipps always are building for a win every year rather than rebuilding for the future. They do have the 3rd best record in the NBA over 5 years but.......OK. Time has come to get by the 2nd round.

The Celtics under Ainge and Brad have built a winner and will be a contender for the GSW although I don't think they're quite there yet. As Phil points out will the streak die at the hands of the Warriors. The Lakers have a young team and a very young coach is my point

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I apologize if I crossed the line but I would love to cheer on the Clips in the absence of zero years from the Lakers but they have been OK at best . My feeling honestly is that he would be better as a GM than coach. i think the entire issue of nepotism is supported by him as he makes the decisions. Its tough as a father but must be even more difficult as a father coach

No need to apologize. Following sports is supposed to be fun and that's the way I try to look at it - at least most of the time. :)

To be honest, Doc was worse as GM of the team than he's been as head coach. After all he did trade Jared Dudley and a first round draft pick to the Bucks for Carlos Delfino, Miroslav Raduljica and a second-round pick. I don't think either player ever suited up for the Clippers. Giving up a first rounder to pay to dump a player that I think he misjudged? Not a good move.

And your Lakers are on the upswing so better times are ahead....and I do like Luke Walton.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing