New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Clippers beat the Celtics soundly and that's a 2 game losing streak now for the C's after losing a freak end game against the Suns the other night. Clippers need to have their Big 3 step up all nights as Reddick and Crawford can blow hot and cold any night. As much as I like Doc to succeed, it doesn't seem like he would be steering the Clips to a title in the here and now.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I think the Clippers owed the Celtics a defeat since you guys won the last game in Boston. :)

Your observation about the Clippers and Doc not being at a championship level this year is most likely correct - but I haven't given up all hope quite yet, just 99.9%

Crawford and Redick are more streaky with their shooting - especially Jamal.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Warriors look ordinary and missing KD tonight at home against the Celtics as they are losing 79-90

Saw the full game highlights and the C's came in to play. They stay healthy, they can compete against the best teams. Brad Stevens had encouraged his bigs to shoot 3s and Olynyk, Horford, Amir Johnson ALL can shoot 3s now, much to my amazement. Great defense too as the C's are young and quick, and I guess KD is thinking what if he listened to Tom Brady last summer and be part of a winning sports city. :D

And with regards to Warriors losing with Durant out, what I am thinking of is that the Warriors won 73 games without Durant so they shouldn't do that badly nor should there be a cause of alarm. The chemistry changed a bit with Harrison Barnes and Bogut out, but they got Pachula, and they have David West, Iggy, and Shaun Livingston still in the lineup.

Last edited:

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Tom Thibodeau and the Timberwolves put a thumping on Tom's former boss Doc Rivers and the Clippers last night 107 - 91.

Gregadd

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Metro DC
With the addition of KD GSW has solidified it's position as powerhouse of the west. Tne Lakers are not currently the best team in LA
Let's see.if this is a real move or just an attempty to placate the fans

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
IMO the Clippers have only been luke warm at best under Doc. For the past several years they look good on paper only to fail miserably. The Lakers are just plain bad with no pretenses. The Clipps need a total rehaul with perhaps putting Doc in the front office and finding a different coach. They might be the better team in LA but with their existing personnel they aren't going anywhere and remain at best a middle tier team

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
IMO the Clippers have only been luke warm at best under Doc. For the past several years they look good on paper only to fail miserably. The Lakers are just plain bad with no pretenses. The Clipps need a total rehaul with perhaps putting Doc in the front office and finding a different coach. They might be the better team in LA but with their existing personnel they aren't going anywhere and remain at best a middle tier team

If the Clippers make changes - and its entirely possible Steve Ballmer will do so - should be interesting to watch.

I have a ton of respect for Doc but (in my opinion) he is better suited to coach than be GM. At the moment the Clippers cupboard is bare based on some questionable moves on his part as GM, especially giving up a first round draft pick to dump Jared Dudley a couple of years ago. Clippers haven't developed a lick of young talent (drafted players) since he's been with the team. Doc loves veteran players, not rookies....but every team needs young blood.

His crowning player development victory is D'Andre Jordan. He made DJ an All Star and that's a major accomplishment.

The biggest decisions upcoming are Chris Paul and Blake Griffin - both will command max deals. The Clippers haven't reached the Conference finals with those two guys so.....are they worth max deals to the Clippers? Chris is the better talent but he is getting older. Blake - lost me a bit after the sucker punch incident with a team employee and he's been injury prone of late. Defintely tough calls.

Clippers are a step behind the Warriors, the Spurs and apparently now the Rockets in the West. Cleveland is well ahead of them in the East with perhaps Toronto and the Celtics of similar stature.....but the Celtics are moving forward and the Clippers aren't getting better. Wizards have been looking good, too, after a very slow start. So, five or six, maybe seven teams teams are better than or equal to the Clippers at the moment.

Tough to make a total rebuild call like that and hard to know what new players the Clippers should consider.

I would not want to have to make the decisions that are facing Steve Ballmer. CP3 and BG32 gave the Clippers credibility - how do you justify letting them go?

Now, compared to where the Clippers were when I first bought season tickets in 2001 - they are obviously on a totally different level. Heck, back then even I went to the games to watch the other teams. So, my perspective is different than most. Over the past few years the Clippers have been much better than I ever dreamed they would be. :D

Last edited:

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I have a ton of respect for Doc but (in my opinion) he is better suited to coach than be GM. At the moment the Clippers cupboard is bare based on some questionable moves on his part as GM, especially giving up a first round draft pick to dump Jared Dudley a couple of years ago. Clippers haven't developed a lick of young talent (drafted players) since he's been with the team. Doc loves veteran players, not rookies....but every team needs young blood.

:D

I feel the same about Doc better suited as a coach than GM. It's tough to be both, and maybe trying the success pattern of Red Auerbach is close to impossible these days. And very true, Doc would immersed his veterans for most of the game and usually that takes its toll in performance. Doc has no patience for nurturing young players either, which is the reason why he left Boston who was on rebuild mode, in favor of a team with stars like CP3 and BG. What Doc should do is to find a GM, though the near-term doesn't look too rosy for the team, with free agency and lack of lottery picks.

Steve Williams

I feel the same about Doc better suited as a coach than GM. It's tough to be both, and maybe trying the success pattern of Red Auerbach is close to impossible these days. And very true, Doc would immersed his veterans for most of the game and usually that takes its toll in performance. Doc has no patience for nurturing young players either, which is the reason why he left Boston who was on rebuild mode, in favor of a team with stars like CP3 and BG. What Doc should do is to find a GM, though the near-term doesn't look too rosy for the team, with free agency and lack of lottery picks.

I think he's a great coach but the reality is he's done nothing in LA except making the Clipps the better NBA team. He's getting beaten by teams that on paper he should be getting the "W"

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And there is a possibility of a Round 1 match up between the Cavs and the Heat, which is tied at the 8th spot with the Bucks and the Bulls. That would be an interesting one as the Heat is on some winning streak of late.

Steve Williams

Don't look now but Spurs are half game out of first as they destroy the GSW who benched their top three. What a travesty that was as Kerr pulls a Popovich and rests his boys. Spurs own the series bn the Warriors which could be a problem for the Warriors at season end in the event of a tie.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Warriors lost too last night against the Wolves, which I saw. Curry missed the money shot, and while they played their game, Wolves came out to play too, with their 2 stars shining.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Nice win by the Rockets over the Cavs. Harden is really hardened, no pun intended. Boy, the guy is just driving and shooting past anybody, be it Lebron or Tristan Thompson and even blocked a tough Kyrie Irving shot. And the Rockets are playing fluidly at both ends, with Nene and Eric Gordon contributing off the bench. No doubt, they're a lot better than last year and should do well in the playoffs if they continue playing this way.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Saw highlights of the Sixers Lakers game and saw 2015's No.2 overall pick D'Angelo Russell in a clumsy move in picking up a rolling ball, and kicked it out of bounce without any defender near him. Luke's got his work cut out for him.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Saw highlights of the Sixers Lakers game and saw 2015's No.2 overall pick D'Angelo Russell in a clumsy move in picking up a rolling ball, and kicked it out of bounce without any defender near him. Luke's got his work cut out for him.

Things look very bleak for my beloved Lakers ... The team is a laughingstock. Walton needs to have a more stern approach.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Things look very bleak for my beloved Lakers ... The team is a laughingstock. Walton needs to have a more stern approach.

I can't imagine what would happen if Popovich was the coach of LAL.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing