New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Clippers were glad to have KG on hand. Maybe some of his toughness will rub off on Blake and he'll pick fights with opposing players rather than one of the trainers. ;)

Clippers must have looked pretty pathetic last night against the Warriors in their first preseason game. I wasn't able to watch the game but the final score was 120 - 75. :eek:

Preseason games aren't necessarily a good gauge but.......come on, Clippers!!!

News a few weeks ago was that Sixers' no. 1 pick Ben Simmons suffered a foot injury and had a successful surgery thereafter. He will miss 3 months of the regular season, or maybe more. Their other high draft Embid made his debut yesterday against the Celtics after 2 years of rehab from an injury. He looked good. The C's lost by a few points but my focus is on our No. 3 pick Jalen 'Who' Brown who made a highlight dunk, introducing himself to the crowd. :D

Clippers must have looked pretty pathetic last night against the Warriors in their first preseason game. I wasn't able to watch the game but the final score was 120 - 75. :eek:

Preseason games aren't necessarily a good gauge but.......come on, Clippers!!!

I think the pre and regular season will be like a shooting practice for the shooters of the Warriors. :D And playoff time, they will start to defend and rebound. :D

Seriously, I think any team going up against them will be dazzled by their ball rotation, unless they play 2 second zone to double team, and on paper and even for one game, the Warriors look and play what is expected of them. Huge points every game. Pachulia and West somehow become role players here, and if Iggy is inserted in the first five, then all five can space out and shoot from anywhere. Teams are going to be worn down chasing them. I'm feeling they will beat their NBA season record from last year, and, get the title too. :)

I think the pre and regular season will be like a shooting practice for the shooters of the Warriors. :D And playoff time, they will start to defend and rebound. :D

Seriously, I think any team going up against them will be dazzled by their ball rotation, unless they play 2 second zone to double team, and on paper and even for one game, the Warriors look and play what is expected of them. Huge points every game. Pachulia and West somehow become role players here, and if Iggy is inserted in the first five, then all five can space out and shoot from anywhere. Teams are going to be worn down chasing them. I'm feeling they will beat their NBA season record from last year, and, get the title too. :)

I mostly agree with you .. They have one additional great player who has shown he doesn't fade when the game is on the line.. However much I like Steph Curry his past showings in the NBA Finals weren't stellar... far from it: He melted under the spotlights.

I mostly agree with you .. They have one additional great player who has shown he doesn't fade when the game is on the line.. However much I like Steph Curry his past showings in the NBA Finals weren't stellar... far from it: He melted under the spotlights.

He melted. No other word for it.

He melted. No other word for it.

What I like about him is that he stepped to the plate and declared himself guilty for the problem of his failing in the finals. He had no excuses other than himself to blame. I think the kid's a great athlete.

The warriors looked downright terrifying. KD and Curry have so much gravity Green, West but most especially Klay get so much space. Don't dis West Phil, he's deadly from mid range and looks very fit this year. So much for the there's only one ball theory. All of them are arguably better catching and shooting than creating. KD MVP?

On another note Harden moving to point also looks scary. His passing has been unleashed like his 6th man days in OKC. The Rockets will be a team to watch this year. Time will tell if offense will be enough come the post season, it's a D'antoni team after all.

I'm feeling good about my Pacers. Pretty sure they'll hit the East Semis this year. Turner is developing into a stud and Big Al's still got them nifty post moves. Stucks back and so is his motor. He could be the poor man's Harden for the second unit. I really like the addition of Thad Young and am looking forward to seeing the wing combo of PG and a now healthy and strong CJ Miles. It will be an interesting 9 or 10 man rotation. 10 man if Evans can be lock down wing defender. The Pacers now have the flexibility that's been lacking for so many years. Here's to hoping Nate will know best when and how. Turner and Niang are surely the wild cards here. Joe Young and Robinson3 will still need a couple of more years IMO and will probably be liabilities.

I'm feeling good about my Pacers. Pretty sure they'll hit the East Semis this year. Turner is developing into a stud and Big Al's still got them nifty post moves. Stucks back and so is his motor. He could be the poor man's Harden for the second unit. I really like the addition of Thad Young and am looking forward to seeing the wing combo of PG and a now healthy and strong CJ Miles. It will be an interesting 9 or 10 man rotation. 10 man if Evans can be lock down wing defender. The Pacers now have the flexibility that's been lacking for so many years. Here's to hoping Nate will know best when and how. Turner and Niang are surely the wild cards here. Joe Young and Robinson3 will still need a couple of more years IMO and will probably be liabilities.

I feel the Pacers are going to be right up there in the East, Jack. Teague is a good scorer, and Thaddeus is very good inside. Very good moves by Bird, better than what Ainge did last summer for the C's.

Chicago looks interesting again, even without Rose. Rondo, Wade and Butler.

And talking about interesting, JR Smith is still not re-signed by the Cavs. He's doing what Tristan Thompson did last year, hold out and get a big deal.

20161018_072102.jpg

All I can say is, it feels good to be 'home'.

You look great at the Celtics game, Larry Bird shirt and all. Looks like you had great seats, too.

Hope you had a great time.

You look great at the Celtics game, Larry Bird shirt and all. Looks like you had great seats, too.

Hope you had a great time.

Thanks, W.

That picture was from last Monday's game against the Nets. I took the closest seat I can manage since it's my first attendance at the Garden. Right now, I am at here again awaiting the Knicks visit. Hope we get the win against Melo et al.

In that game I will root for the Celtics. Never cared for Melo after watching him quit on his team in the playoffs versus the Clippers in 2006.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing