New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
believe it or not the Clippers have their own fans. I always enjoy watching the Lakers play the Clippers where the Lakers bench is the visitors' bench to the right and the floor says Clippers not Lakers.

To me the bigger story is "what the heck is the problem with the Lakers. They are basically a .500 team since they won eight in a row. They come out like gangbusters in the first quarter only to give up huge leads and lose. They have displayed no defense whatsoever. We need Andrew back so that Lamar comes off the bench and Pau gets some much needed rest. Pau and Kobe looked very tired the past few games

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
believe it or not the Clippers have their own fans. I always enjoy watching the Lakers play the Clippers where the Lakers bench is the visitors' bench to the right and the floor says Clippers not Lakers.

To me the bigger story is "what the heck is the problem with the Lakers. They are basically a .500 team since they won eight in a row. They come out like gangbusters in the first quarter only to give up huge leads and lose. They have displayed no defense whatsoever. We need Andrew back so that Lamar comes off the bench and Pau gets some much needed rest. Pau and Kobe looked very tired the past few games

Oh, I see, the Clippers have their own fans. And wow, it's interesting to watch indeed a Lakers vs Clippers game wherein the Clippers will be the home team and most of the fans will cheer for the Clippers and not the Lakers. That's quite unique in a pro sport.

Yes, something is ailing the Lakers. It may have to do the notion that since they are the defending champions, then every team would like to beat them, hence beating a World Champion. They've got a bull's eye from the standpoint of their opponents. But come playoff time, and with Bynum in, I believe the Lakers will step up. It's too much of a seasoned team to play .500 all throughout. They are still the defending champs.

Steve Williams

I agree but after losing several of their past few games (such as Chicago) by giving up a big lead is simply inexcusable to let them back into the game. They just aren't playing defence and there are just to many great teams this year in the NBA with SAS and Dallas poised to take the West

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Just finished the Knicks/Celtics game moments ago. Wow, what a thrilling game. For Knicks fans, they are back in the map, AFAIC. Support for Amare now comes from Felton, Gallinari and Chandler. No wonder they had an 8 game winning streak playing like they did today. Unfortunately, they got beaten by a last second shot by Pierce. I've always felt LeBron should have gone to the Knicks to be with Amare. That's something fitting for the city of NY. But oh well, the Heat are actually jelling too, right now. Great season!

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Jadis, what do you think about the persistent rumors abot Melo going to the Knicks? I wonder if the Knicks could pull off that trade without giving up Galinari.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Jadis, what do you think about the persistent rumors abot Melo going to the Knicks? I wonder if the Knicks could pull off that trade without giving up Galinari.

Hi Ron,

I think Melo will do well in NY. He is young and fast and would fit the D'Antoni style of play. Denver needs to trade away Melo or they get nothing next year, just like Cleveland got nothing too when James became a free-agent. But, the big but is, WHO will the Knicks give up for Melo. Giving up Gallinari is a bad move, I think, cause he's younger and as fast and strong as Melo. Knicks gotta give up 2 or 3 'lesser' players plus cash to Denver, so that the present core does not suffer.

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Steve, what do you think of the Lakers' trade for Joe Smith, the former #1 overall pick of our woeful Warriors?

Steve Williams

I'm definitely betting Melo to the Knicks and they are back even if not. Amar'e has made that much of a difference

BUT

I just watched the Lakers-Pacers game and IMO this was the first game in a month that we got to see Lakers ball for a full 48 minutes

What do you guys think of Sasha Vujocic going to the Nets and the Lakers get yet another veteran big man in Joe Smith to spell Andrew and Pau

Ron Party

WBF Founding Member
Apr 30, 2010
Oakland, CA
Ha! We were thinking about the same thing at the same time!

I think the trade helps them quite a bit in the short term (this season).

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
What do you guys think of Sasha Vujocic going to the Nerts and the Lakers get yet another veteran big man in Joe Smith to spell Andrew and Pau

Not a bad trade, considering Sasha has been getting lesser and lesser play time with LA. My, Mitch Kupchak is really building a skyscraper here. LOL. He must have seen the big difference in long arms as Gasol and Bynum's rebounding was key down the stretch of the Game 7 Finals last season. I'm betting that a semi-washed out Joe would make a good showing in the stables of Phil Jackson & Company, just like Stacey King, Longley, Wennington, Scott Williams and Levingston did.

Steve Williams

I like Sasha. I couldn't understand why he was getting fewer minutes as Phil was playing his rookies. Coming off the bench and needing a 3 point buzzer beater Sasha could certainly do it.

BTW, do you guys know whom Sasha is married ? Definitely a stone fox and would have most men drooling over

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
First he was a rapper wanting to whoop Kobe's ass, now going into pop classical as a 'guest' conductor of the BPO? The guy is quite an entertainer, no doubt.:)

es347

VIP/Donor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Midwest fly over state..
LJ gets 31st triple double.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The Florida teams are suddenly looking good. Magic and Heat. Heats were impressive today. It seems the pressure on Lebron and Bosh are easing. They're now playing more relaxed and less forced plays. The Magic has gotten Turgolu back, whom they should never had let go in the first place and amazingly, they now have a forward who can double up as a real big guard who makes the plays. The East is very much tighter now. If the Lakers play more of this way till end of January, then some trades may be need to pump them up again. They're fine on paper. Maybe it's their opponents who are stepping up.

Last edited:

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing