New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
And what do you know, my early 'prediction' of a Spurs-Mavs Western Finals has gone down the drain. :D

My Eastern Finals bets were Cavs and Bulls but it seems one of them will be eliminated too. I'm feeling it will be the Cavs. Bulls core has stayed on, and Thibs system has always been there with or without D Rose. And they are hungry.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
I hope so Bob. I just don't see it happening. Short of the game 6 blowout they had a tough time with Milwaukee

That's true, Steve. But the sight of LeBron will turn the eyes of the Bulls bloody red, like a cloth of a matador. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Best choice IMHO. I watched him beat up on the Grizz today and he can easily become the series MVP as well.

Yeah Steve. And it looks like no one can stop him in these playoff games now that Kahwi is on vacation. :)

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
I think Curry deserved the MVP award. If he's not the best 3 point shooter in the history of the NBA, he's got to be close.

One game doesn't tell the story but I thought the Grizzlies would give the Warriors a better game than they did today. Losing Conley didn't help Memphis.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
One guy I'm impressed with is Draymond Green of GS. 2nd round 5th pick in 2012 has increased his average from 3 ppg in his first year to 12ppg this season. And he connects at crunch time too. Does 8 boards a game too.

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
I hope so Bob. I just don't see it happening. Short of the game 6 blowout they had a tough time with Milwaukee

Yep, we'll see. Bulls have a lot more depth and I think between Butler and Gibson, two guys who can really make Lebron work. Rose usually outplays Kyrie in head to head. Wouldn't bet the house, but I think they'll do it. More weapons than in years past.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Yeah Steve. And it looks like no one can stop him in these playoff games now that Kahwi is on vacation. :)

Grizz are dead w/o Conley who at least could make Curry work a little harder.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Grizz are dead w/o Conley who at least could make Curry work a little harder.
they showed a replay of Curry dribbling the ball down the court and once he was defended with his right handed dribbled the ball back through his open legs to his left hand which caught the ball and without looking immediately passed it backwards to his team mate who caught the ball and scored on a jumper

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
they showed a replay of Curry dribbling the ball down the court and once he was defended with his right handed dribbled the ball back through his open legs to his left hand which caught the ball and without looking immediately passed it backwards to his team mate who caught the ball and scored on a jumper

Saw that -- he's a magician.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Rockets and Clippers....if CP3 wasn't hurt I was going to pick the Clippers in 6 games. Hard to tell which way it will go now. Patrick Beverly is out for the rest of the playoffs for the Rockets, too.

These teams split four games during the regular season. Dwight Coward missed all four of those games and BG32 missed two of the four game.

Clippers usually play James Harden tough...they held him to the lowest shooting percentage among all teams this year, around 35%.

I'm thinking Doc tries to holds Chris out tonight to let him rest the hamstring and hopes for the best in the first game. You know Chris Paul will try to play if at all possible.

Hopefully neither team employs the Hack-a-Shaq. Would be strange to see it employed since neither Howard nor D'Andre Jordan can hit their free throws.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Rockets and Clippers....if CP3 wasn't hurt I was going to pick the Clippers in 6 games. Hard to tell which way it will go now. Patrick Beverly is out for the rest of the playoffs for the Rockets, too.

These teams split four games during the regular season. Dwight Coward missed all four of those games and BG32 missed two of the four game.

Clippers usually play James Harden tough...they held him to the lowest shooting percentage among all teams this year, around 35%.

I'm thinking Doc tries to holds Chris out tonight to let him rest the hamstring and hopes for the best in the first game. You know Chris Paul will try to play if at all possible.

Hopefully neither team employs the Hack-a-Shaq. Would be strange to see it employed since neither Howard nor D'Andre Jordan can hit their free throws.

I never would have thought the Clippers would take the series from the Spurs. And as I was watching each game, I still couldn't believe the poise and composure the Clippers showed when they were down 5 with a few minutes to go, those times I thought they'd lost the game but they came back and actually won them. That said, I would give the edge to the Clippers in this series and I really hope we get to see CP3 back even if he has to miss game 1. Rockets are solid too, and just like I was impressed with Draymond Green of the Warriors, I'm equally impressed with Terence Jones of the Rockets. These 2 players are not big name stars but are very effective. Rockets are like a well oiled machine, specially since they have Harden, whose confidence is throwing up shots is boosted by the fact that Dwight will be there for the rebounds, assuming he does not get into early foul trouble. :D I sure hope there is no 'hack-fest' here. :D Should be another thrilling series.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Bulls and Cavs going at it. Go Bulls!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Bulls and Cavs going at it. Go Bulls!

And Cavs is also missing JR Smith for the first 2 games for the wild elbow flagrant 2 foul against a Celtics player in the last series. As such, they have been called 'short-handed'. But the Chris Weber said that a team with James and Kyrie can never be called short-handed. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Looks like short-handed is short-handed. :D

Bulls put up a solid game. Gasol, Butler, Rose, Dunleavy played well. They didn't even have to play Mirotic.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Doc announced Chris Paul is not playing tonight.

Wonder who takes the point - Jamal Crawford, Austin Rivers or Lester Hudson.

Hudson played in China this year and his team won the championship there. He hasn't played much here though.

Will take a miracle for the Clips to take game one in Houston tonight.

Clippers should have held on to Nate Robinson.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
When I saw McHale and Doc chatting before the game, I can only imagine McHale telling Doc: Hey, weren't you a Hawk when we last met in the playoffs? :D

Clippers sorely miss Paul. What a time...

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing