New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Clippers and Suns played a great game last night. Clippers pulled it out 121 - 120 in OT. Blake Griffin hit a 3 pointer with time expiring to win the game.

Eric Bledsoe had a triple double for the Suns - too bad the Clippers couldn't keep Bledsoe. No cap room.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Watched Lakers vs Spurs last night which became a very good game

Started as12-2 for the Spurs only to find the Lakers jump out to a 10 point lead which they gave up at the end of regulation. Losing 110-109 Swaggy P makes a 3 pointer to win the game 112-110

It helped that Parker and Leonard didn't play

Clipps lose to Washington who like Atlanta seem to be for real this year

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
Nice win for the Lakers. Swaggy P for the victory! Hope Kobe wasn't mad he stole the hero role. :)

I didn't watch the Clippers game - good thing. My wife arranged another Christmas event - I've had enough Christmas already!

I agree that Washington is a good team this year. Bradley Beal, their SG, went for 29 last night and John Wall outplayed CP3 from what I read.

Steve Williams

I saw the last period of the Clipps game and they were clearly outplayed by the Wizz

Kobe didn't look too happy at all last night when Young was dropping all of those threes.

Sadly IMO the only thing Kobe has to chase now is Michael Jordan, Moses Malone and Kareem's scoring records

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Do check out Mamba's assist numbers. He's dishin' a whole lot more. Reminds me of Wilt in his last years almost.

Steve Williams

Do check out Mamba's assist numbers. He's dishin' a whole lot more. Reminds me of Wilt in his last years almost.

Maybe so Jack but he ain't chasing the assist record

Other things to consider is this is his 19th year and Jordan did his in 15. Granted his last two years were riddled with injuries.If he had been healthy and played those two years and finished out this contract I believe he could have challenged Kareem's record

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
More amazing for MJ is that he did it in an era where D was ROUGH.

FrantzM

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
WOuld like to see Kobe just retire and be done with Basketballplaying. THat would give my team a chance to rebuild. Although right now they are on a wining streak .... of .. 2 ... wins :p

GSW is at this point the best team in the NBA. Can they sustain it? Or will they be a different version of the Thunders of yore i-e great regular season but can't win an NBA championship?? BTW what is happening (so far) for the Thunders. They should be better. They are below .500 !!! Time for a coaching change. A different season for sure, teams with established superstars are not (yet?) tearing the league .. Rather emergence of new superstars (Davis, Curry, et al) is what we are witnessing

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
More amazing for MJ is that he did it in an era where D was ROUGH.

Very different league then. The series' with the Pistons and Knicks were wars of the type we don't see anymore.

Worth watching Portland/Bulls highlights from Fri night btw -- a taste of what we've been missing the last two years w/o D Rose. Aldridge had 21 in the first quarter of a great game.

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Got a link in particular to share Bob? :)

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Very different league then. The series' with the Pistons and Knicks were wars of the type we don't see anymore.

Then the Knicks vs the Heat too. I recall Jeff Van Gundy becoming the first coach, if I'm not mistaken, to actually enter a brawl, got smacked by a Heat in the face, and then ended up grabbing the leg of Alonzo Mourning. That was a very physical series.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks Bob :)

I'm liking this new, less flashy Rose. 2pts is 2pts after all. This new more conservative attacks at the basket will hopefully give us more years of watching him.

rblnr

May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Thanks Bob :)

I'm liking this new, less flashy Rose. 2pts is 2pts after all. This new more conservative attacks at the basket will hopefully give us more years of watching him.

Gotta feeling he may drop the conservative approach as the playoffs approach, but we'll see. But yeah, he's clearly playing with a different mindset now.

WLVCA

Member Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Tucson
The Warriors - Memphis game should be a great one. I plan to watch it.

Too bad Bogut is out for Golden State - they will need size to combat Gasol and Zach Randolph.

I'll be rooting for the Warriors I guess. Hate them less than I hate the Grizzlies now that Mark Jackson is not coaching Golden State. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing