New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Maybe we should talk about the players of the 70s, how 'sturdy' they were, iron men playing through year after year without ACLs, Achilles, or some nerve wracking leg breaks. :) Perhaps all these ankle breaker moves by todays stars caused the dribbler too much strain on themselves? :)
Wearing Chuck Taylors helped them by not allowing them to run and jump as hard LOL!

• Haha
Reactions: jadis

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Wearing Chuck Taylors helped them by not allowing them to run and jump as hard LOL!
Larry Bird wore them in his rookie year, no wonder he couldn't jump. :D

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Ok Coach Lue. Time to sick Daniel Oturu on Ayton. Unleash the other beast!

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Ok Coach Lue. Time to sick Daniel Oturu on Ayton. Unleash the other beast!
Actually I don't know the guy Oturu either nor have seen him play at all, buy hey, if he's a bigger Mann, I'm all for it. :D

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Kawhi on 'remote support'. He has feelings for the team after all. :D

PHOENIX —
It was around 2 p.m. Monday when Kawhi Leonard tried to video chat with his coach, eager to know how the Clippers planned to adjust a day after losing Game 1 of the conference finals in Phoenix while the All-Star forward stayed home nursing an injury.

“But I don’t like FaceTime,” Tyronn Lue said, less than an hour later, chuckling.
Instead, Lue and Leonard, who remains in California receiving treatment for a strained right knee, used text messages. Leonard wanted to understand the adjustments Lue planned for Game 2 on Tuesday to know where the team had succeeded and failed.
“Just being able to hold guys accountable, talking to guys, talking to the players, what we need to do better on what he sees,” the Clippers coach said. “If he knows the game plan, then he can definitely do that.

Reactions: WLVCA

rblnr

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 3, 2010
NYC/NJ
Maybe we should talk about the players of the 70s, how 'sturdy' they were, iron men playing through year after year without ACLs, Achilles, or some nerve wracking leg breaks. :) Perhaps all these ankle breaker moves by todays stars caused the dribbler too much strain on themselves? :)
Any theories as to why in this era of heavy duty training science etc that players seem less durable? Too much strength training at the expense of flexibility? -- though that seems way too obvious. Read recently that Russell and Chamberlin used to play pickup games year-round and they were incredibly durable, so length of season may not be it.

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Any theories as to why in this era of heavy duty training science etc that players seem less durable? Too much strength training at the expense of flexibility? -- though that seems way too obvious. Read recently that Russell and Chamberlin used to play pickup games year-round and they were incredibly durable, so length of season may not be it.
Usually with training goes with the diet. What do these super athletes eat? How did these super muscles come about within a few years? Orlando Shaq and LA Shaq. Lebron, those biceps are still massive even at age 38. With weight gain, legs, knee and feet all have sudden burden. I'm thinking Yao Ming. Had he stayed and played in China his frame probably would be the same for the next ten years. He bulked up, but he got new foot problems which caused him to retire. And of course, he slowed down with the added weight. I can't help but think of John Havlicek, playing for almost 2 decades and winning 8 titles, and was still an All Star in the final year of his career. That's an iron man.

Reactions: WLVCA

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
I find many of the foot injuries occur with jump shots with the defender in the shooter's face and when the shooters feet come down the defender often infringes on his landing space and often results in the shooter rolling his ankle when he lands on the foot of the guy defending him. This has happened several times in the last few weeks

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Blame it on the eurostep. I'm only half joking.

Steve Williams

and here is a terrific read on exactly what we are talking about when it comes to the talented youth in the league......

Next generation of stars step into the spotlight in conference finals

Postseason experience is limited among the final four playoff teams as a batch of new blood looks to begin writing its legacy.

Steve Williams

Steve Williams

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

and talking of young players, the one team that I expected to catch fire this year, really didn't...the New Orleams Pelicans....that team is filled with budding super stars and sharp shooters. Problem is they hired (and fired) the wrong coach this year.Once the Pels learn to play defense they will be a much better team with hopefully a coach that can get into their heads and make them winners

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
This popped out of my YouTube feeds. Luca or Damian? Magic can't be hit with tampering anymore. :D

Reactions: Steve Williams

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines

jadis

Apr 28, 2010
Manila, Philippines
The process continues.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing